Ebay/Paypal question. What do you mean I don't get my money?

So I'm selling an item online and someone bought it today and I get this message from paypal.

Hello ______ ________,

Your funds are pending - please process this order

You received a payment from ______ ______

This money is being temporarily held in your pending balance. It will be held for up to 21 days. While it's being held, it won't be available for withdrawal.

We'll move the money to your available balance after 21 days as long as your buyer hasn't reported a problem. It may be available sooner if we can confirm that the item was delivered or, if this is an eBay item, your buyer leaves positive feedback.

To get access to this money more quickly, please process this order right away and communicate with your customers early and often.

indifferent.gif

If it's ebay you get your money after the leave feedback/21 days. It's in your account but on hold basically.

Happened the 1st time I sold something :/

im in the same position right now..

you just have to wait until paypal releases it, thats if the buyer does not report a problem about your item

NO it hasn't. Do you have some cases resolved against you as a seller or something? That's not normal. Hell, I have multiple strikes as a buyer (non of which were my fault btw, don't $$%* with international buyers any more) and even still when I get paid the money is made available instantly.n I even got a debit card associated to my account

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

NO it hasn't. Do you have some cases resolved against you as a seller or something? That's not normal. Hell, I have multiple strikes as a buyer (non of which were my fault btw, don't $$%* with international buyers any more) and even still when I get paid the money is made available instantly.n I even got a debit card associated to my account

No I have no cases. I mean I sold jeans once but dude bought them w/o telling me he was international and I said i dont ship that far. He never filed a complaint tho and I even sold things after that. But I havent sold anything since summer 07. But man this is dumb I need this money now. Can I like not sell it to the person?

its random.

top notch EBAY powersellers who had 10,000 100% feedback has had this happen to them.

consider yourself LUCKY or unlucky that you were chosen

Hope you got tracking on the item. This happened to me before, if you have tracking and the status says "delivered to__________ on ___________", then you can call Paypal and once they confirm the status, they'll release the funds (usually immediately..)

SO how do I make sure I dont get scammed? I'm selling a $40 Scrap booking item to a old lady in Seal Beach so I doubt it but still the buyer has the upper hand like a MFer.

that use to happen to me..

you can either

1 - wait for the 21 days
2 - wait for the buyer to leave feedback
3 - enter in the tracking number and once it shows that it is delivered, it will release in 3 days

because paypal is terrible .... if you send the item , the person that receives it can file a claim with there credit card company
the credit card company will give the person their money back , and then paypal will take the money out of your account and then you will be without the money and without
the item you sold..... this is the sole reason why i dont deal with paypal .... get GOOGLE CHECKOUT !

DO NOT SEND THE ITEM
THIS IS HOW U GET SCAMMED
IF YOU GET THE PERSON TO AGREE TO LEAVE EARLY FEEDBACK
THEN SHIP , IF NOT REFUND HIS MONEY AND SELL IT ON NIKETALK !

Word of advice: DO NOT ASK THE BUYER TO LEAVE FEEDBACK. Reason being when asked or rushed to leave feedback people think you're trying to get over on them. Best thign to do is ship quickly keep, maintain communication , and hope the buyer leaves you good feedback. otherwise wait 21 days and it will release. sometimes it will release early if paypal sees the item has been delivered.

Back
Top Bottom