Ebay Private auctions....a new way to scam sellers??

So i read that ebay changed their policies again and now require insurance on everything i sell.  That makes sense, but does that protect me too?  As a seller, what are the risks of this?  Doesnt paypal already guarantee the buyers from loss and ultimately screw the seller? 

Require insurance? no way... did I read that right? maybe require you to give the option of insurance?  Either way eBay is done for.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

ebay's anti seller friendly policies are opening the door for a legit competetor to come in and challenge ebay.

forreal someone has to do it whoever does will be filthy rich.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

ebay's anti seller friendly policies are opening the door for a legit competetor to come in and challenge ebay.

google checkout has been very effective for me and prefer them over paypal but its hard to use them when i sell because most buyers are set in their ways when it comes to dealing with paypal until they get burnt.

google should make something similar to ebay since they already have googlecheckout.

ebay bans users over using googlecheckout  so google should even the playing field and not have anything ebay related show up when you search "ebay" on google.

gotta love their new fees for the average joe.. Auction style is just as much as fixed. for many items, final value fees have risen 240%. But ebay twists it by saying insertion fees are the cheapest ever.. Spin Doctors galore over there.

try this on for logic:
Example 1
-Auction style
-1 cent start with $300 dollar reserve.. I end up paying like $5 bucks in insertion fees
-FVFs will be the same as the example below.

Example 2:
-Fixed price
-$300 BIN or best offer. Insertion fees are something like 50 cents
-FVFs will be the same.

Whats the logic in that? Ebay started off the garage sell finds that people didnt want, and now its turned into this FIXED PRICE MEGA STORE.

Understand this, the customer is always right. There are more scamming sellers than there are customers. Since 07, I've had so many sellers never mail the item I won. So many times I've had to open paypal dispute to get my item back. Most customers aren't looking to scam sellers. They just want their product and will be happy. Keep adding the fees, what ever makes my purchases safer, I'm happy. And if you don't like the ebay rules, there are ways around them.

amazon has already taken a lot of market share away from ebay. amazon's marketplace has been growing while ebay's has been declining. the only thing keeping ebay afloat is paypal.

I always use insurance, insurance is to protect the seller not the buyer. Or use Bonanzle. Many of the purse forum sellers no longer use eBay and Bonanzle is becoming quite the marketplace. A very viable alternative to eBay, but it is not an auction format.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

google checkout has been very effective for me and prefer them over paypal but its hard to use them when i sell because most buyers are set in their ways when it comes to dealing with paypal until they get burnt.

google should make something similar to ebay since they already have googlecheckout.

ebay bans users over using googlecheckout  so google should even the playing field and not have anything ebay related show up when you search "ebay" on google. make a better auction site.

Fixed

Back
Top Bottom