Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

sometimes ebay releases my funds after the shoes get delivered to the customer and other times they release my funds as soon as i drop off my shoes at USPS

they need to be more consistent with this

He said the midsole stitching was stained and that the leather was discolored in some spots. All of this was in the photos I sent. First he said he found a guy who could clean them, I ignored. Then he said go half in the cleaning, I ignored. Now a month later he opened a case and said they weren’t accurate. eBay is literally giving me no options. It’s either give full refund, partial refund or send message and I have until 9/23. My thing is how am I supposed to know if dude didn’t wear them for a month and sending me back used stuff basically on a rental

Call eBay

He said the midsole stitching was stained and that the leather was discolored in some spots. All of this was in the photos I sent. First he said he found a guy who could clean them, I ignored. Then he said go half in the cleaning, I ignored. Now a month later he opened a case and said they weren’t accurate. eBay is literally giving me no options. It’s either give full refund, partial refund or send message and I have until 9/23. My thing is how am I supposed to know if dude didn’t wear them for a month and sending me back used stuff basically on a rental
wait what? How can the buyer open a case against you? Isnt that literally against the Authentication policy? The authenticator is supposed to check that the shoe is new and matches your description. After it passes authentication, it should be out of the sellers hands.

Last edited:
wait what? How can the buyer open a case against you? Isnt that literally against the Authentication policy? After it passes authentication, it should be out of the sellers hands.
I googled and apparently the buyer can at any time request a refund regardless of you say no refunds and it passes through the authentication. All they have to say is the description doesn’t match the product. The authentication guarantee is just to say the shoes are authentic so they can’t use the fake angle

I googled and apparently the seller can at any time request a refund regardless of you say no refunds and it passes through the authentication. All they have to say is the description doesn’t match the product. The authentication guarantee is just to say the shoes are authentic so they can’t use the fake angle
GARBAGE smh :smh:

I googled and apparently the buyer can at any time request a refund regardless of you say no refunds and it passes through the authentication. All they have to say is the description doesn’t match the product. The authentication guarantee is just to say the shoes are authentic so they can’t use the fake angle
Yeah, that’s the catch all on eBay. It’s a pain in the ***. ANYTHING falls within that category

Have you spoken to their customer agent already? Keep all your messages and other proof ready - their automated system is broken so you'll have to open a case and have someone investigate this for you.

GARBAGE smh :smh:

The whole authentication thing is a joke, eBay just getting some type of break from the courier that handles outbound from the authentication centre with the 'illusion' of 'peace of mind'.

I'm in Canada and recently got a pair of kicks from the US. I had to pay duties and shipping - however when the package left the authentication centre it was shipped via FedEx which is notorious for slapping their own handling fees and duties.

Does eBay even have a customer service number? I’ve been trying to find where to call for an hour

Has anyone gotten a return from the authentication service. I had 2 buyers try and return shoes saying they didnt match description and they got shut down by Ebay. Some shoes I sold that actually didnt match the description failed authentication before the buyers even got them.

I understand you kept the messages between yall and you still have your pics cause that's some bs I hate people like that always trying to get over

I understand you kept the messages between yall and you still have your pics cause that's some bs I hate people like that always trying to get over
Well I talked to eBay and they don’t seem to care. It’s his word that he was sold inaccurate product vs mine. It’s whatever. I just settled on a partial refund so he can get them cleaned and I’m done with it

I don’t even really use eBay but I had old sneakers that I don’t even wear. Goat only lets approved people sell worn sneakers so eBay was my only option.

Well I talked to eBay and they don’t seem to care. It’s his word that he was sold inaccurate product vs mine. It’s whatever. I just settled on a partial refund so he can get them cleaned and I’m done with it

I don’t even really use eBay but I had old sneakers that I don’t even wear. Goat only lets approved people sell worn sneakers so eBay was my only option.
Whoever authenticated them needs to be held accountable since you decided to refund the buyer for defect that was authenticated by Ebay. They got the money, make em pay.

Has anyone gotten a return from the authentication service. I had 2 buyers try and return shoes saying they didnt match description and they got shut down by Ebay. Some shoes I sold that actually didnt match the description failed authentication before the buyers even got them.
Basically he’s saying they were dirtier than what I had in the pics.

his main complaints were the stitching wasn’t white and a bit of the leather had a discoloration

AEF956F4-B71D-4F72-A0FE-E96C63D44751.jpeg
F3506F36-81DE-46DC-92EB-B5EC41999025.png

sometimes ebay releases my funds after the shoes get delivered to the customer and other times they release my funds as soon as i drop off my shoes at USPS

they need to be more consistent with this
They released the funds ages ago but when he did the refund it put my eBay acct at negative

I had a buyer try to return a pair of shoes after authentication also. eBay shut them down.

I also had a few other incidents with authentication they eBay handled correctly.

I’m sorry to hear about issues with stitching, sounds like a bunch of garbage.

How do you add authenticity after putting up a listing? I have a pair of OW Dunks listed and I just realized it doesn't have the blue check. As far as I can tell, pricing and category wise it should qualify. Having these listed without the authenticity guarantee seems sketch and I don't want to scare off potential buyers

How do you add authenticity after putting up a listing? I have a pair of OW Dunks listed and I just realized it doesn't have the blue check. As far as I can tell, pricing and category wise it should qualify. Having these listed without the authenticity guarantee seems sketch and I don't want to scare off potential buyers

It should show up automatically.

Yea, you don’t add it

it’s just there

…or it’s not

no reason it shouldn’t be there for OW Dunks…anything missing in the title?

if not I would call eBay even though it’s a pita

It definitely should show up automatically.

I saw one seller trying to sell some fake Lebron’s with the authenticity guarantee. Good knew those were gonna bounce right back to the seller! :rofl:

That was a month or two ago. I saw them earlier today without the authenticity guarantee.:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom