Eddie Murphy Not To Play Pryor in Biopic (but guess who might be...)

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

i'm sure eddie quit because of the script or production....it might paint pryor in a way he didn't want it to or something like that....

ehhhh I think eddie would have a say if he really wanted something changed

i think he didn't want to put the work in.

Ahh I love Marlon Wayans. Hes a good actor and can see him killing this part
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

i'm sure eddie quit because of the script or production....it might paint pryor in a way he didn't want it to or something like that....

ehhhh I think eddie would have a say if he really wanted something changed

i think he didn't want to put the work in.
I'm not sure if thats the case, I mean he's been part of the project for a couple of years. All the reports say, Eddie had disputes withParamount so maybe thats why he left.

Also, the script was written by Pryor himself and his wife (not sure which one though), so this movie has no excuse but to be as true as possible, I'm sureit will be polished up before it starts production.

And now to Marlon, I hope he can really gain all the respect and attention he deserves after this, I think many of us have faith, however, dude has White Chick2 listed as his next film after this Pryor flick so I hope he can find another good role before then
laugh.gif

Mike Epps as Richard Pryor? Why not just have ppl line up and spit in Pryor's face?

I can understand Eddie droppin out. He just doesn't have it anymore.

Marlon can do a good job. Can't think of anyone else at the moment who could do it.

Hm, I've only seen the Wayans' silly movies. I don't know what to make of Marlon...we'll see.

Too bad Steve Harvey's talent is questionable, he would have made a good older Richard (as far as looks go).

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Mike Epps as Richard Pryor? Why not just have ppl line up and spit in Pryor's face?
That was the plan even before Richard Pryor died tho...
According to who? There's reports about Epps portraying Pryor in this biopic 4 years+ prior? I never heard it.

Rumors just like Dave Chappelle playing Rick James in his movie or Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix in a movie for him.

People doubted denzel as malcolm x, foxx as ray charles, will smith as as ali. Marlon just might blow em all outta the water. Ill wait it out before I make ajudgment on this one

- damn. i literally just dropped my head in disgust.

- i cant stand Marlon and Shawn Wayans.

- hopefully this too changes.

maybe this is all for the best. I mean lets be real, what was the last role eddie murphy shined in?

DubA169 wrote:
maybe this is all for the best. I mean lets be real, what was the last role eddie murphy shined in?

0.jpg

- honestly? Jimmy Early
ohwell.gif

-
smh.gif
@ anyone not being able to recognize Murphy's skills on the big screen. its as if an actor has to get/take nothing but the best highest grossing filmsfor their skills to be considered relevant by todays sheep.

- make no mistake Murphy is playing those that think he doesnt have it anymore.......playing yall right to the bank. Murphy knowsexactly what he's doing with his career now-a-days....getting that Disney money, caking up.....word to Ice Cube and MartinLawrence.

....also, make no mistake, anyone....ANYONE that has even been (or will be) considered in this role would easily get *!@$%%! on by Murph's performance. andthis is coming from someone that wanted to see Epps in that role but was not mad at all by the decision to cast Murph.

- im curious to see/know what the movie is supposed to be. i mean, we've seen Jo Jo Dancer....and i mean who can play Rich better than Rich? hell, he evenhad a couple ex-wives/gf's in that one. so i cant really see it being a biography covering all those years.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

DubA169 wrote:

0.jpg

-
smh.gif
@ anyone not being able to recognize Murphy's skills on the big screen. its as if an actor has to get/take nothing but the best highest grossing films for their skills to be considered relevant by todays sheep.

- make no mistake Murphy is playing those that think he doesnt have it anymore.......playing yall right to the bank. Murphy knows exactly what he's doing with his career now-a-days....getting that Disney money, caking up.....word to Ice Cube and Martin Lawrence.

he's done about 8 BS children movies and then about 4 horrible movies. I'm pretty sure he's set financially. No idea what highestgrossing films has to do with anything, this movie is not going to be a blockbuster with or without him. He's not playing anybody. of course eddie murphycan act.... but it takes work to do a movie about one of your good friends. You have to really prepare, and I just don't think he was up for it.

who knows what really caused him to drop out....

and people really like to throw the word "sheep" around way to much these days
laugh.gif

Anybody other than Eddie just doesn't seem right to me. Eddie is the best person suited to play this role without a doubt. Not to mention, Eddie andPryor were very close, which would have gave Eddie more fuel to do a great job with this project.

Back
Top Bottom