Effective 4/22, StockX will impose a 3% buyers fee on all purchases

stockx big trash for this & the timing makes it even worse. big dumb dumbs.
giphy (24).gif

These guys are idiots. Trying to double dip in a time where people are spending money... just look at retail in general. Everyone is having sales. Old Navy had 60% off their whole site. Nike and all the other shoe stores have pretty much had 25% off last 2 weeks. But some smart guy over there thinks this is the right time to add an extra fee? They'll be done by the end of the year.

They went corporate with their "Billion" dollar valuation.

StockX got too greedy, I'm closing my account down.

They expect us to pay more with our accounts being exposed? cmon.

That and a few bad experiences. They don't have real authentication processes, all they do is smell the shoe.

Very proud of StockX for making this decision and I agree with them 1000%. Our economy is kicking major butt cheeks right now and there are plenty of buying opportunities. I will continue to use StockX because they are clearly going to use the extra 3% to upgrade their cybersecurity.

cool
get ur data stolen
for convenience

I never said it was smart. I reached out to StockX after the breach to have my data purged from their records. The average person isn't as savvy as you or I. The want it quick and they want it now. Hell, many on this site use StockX despite the poor quality checks and the breaches.

They went corporate with their "Billion" dollar valuation.

StockX got too greedy, I'm closing my account down.

They expect us to pay more with our accounts being exposed? cmon.

That and a few bad experiences. They don't have real authentication processes, all they do is smell the shoe.

So true. They smell it and make sure the size is correct. Literally all they do.

Do you realize how many companies have had data breaches?

That's really not a good argument.

It's an excellent argument and more people should take data breaches more seriously. The amount of aggregate data these firms have on us pretty much make it impossible to be completely anonymous online anymore. Now imagine if some even more scummier people than the big tech firms got their hand on that aggregated data. Could ID you with the quickness. Impersonate you, extort you, all kinds of ish can be done with a laptop and a internet connection in some bum *** apartment in Siberia.

It's an excellent argument and more people should take data breaches more seriously. The amount of aggregate data these firms have on us pretty much make it impossible to be completely anonymous online anymore. Now imagine if some even more scummier people than the big tech firms got their hand on that aggregated data. Could ID you with the quickness. Impersonate you, extort you, all kinds of ish can be done with a laptop and a internet connection in some bum *** apartment in Siberia.

No it's not

Every gas station from Wawa to Exxon to BP has had a data breach. So what will you do for gas? Depend on the hole in the wall hoping that they didn't have one, or is the reality that it wasn't just made public.

Be consistent with your argument.

Back
Top Bottom