Egyptian military gives president Mohamed Morsi 48-hour ultimatum *UPDATE* Morsi ousted

[COLOR=#red]CNN - Cairo[/COLOR]: Time appeared to be running out Wednesday for Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy as a deadline passed on a military ultimatum.

"We swear by God that we are ready to sacrifice our blood for Egypt and its people against any terrorist, extremist or ignorant," military generals said in a statement titled "The Final Hours."

On Monday, the military gave the nation's first democratically elected president 48 hours to accommodate his opponents with a power-sharing agreement or be pushed aside. That left him until about 5 p.m. (11 a.m. ET) Wednesday.

Morsy vowed Tuesday night that he would not comply

He added: "If the price of upholding this legitimacy is my own blood, I am, therefore, ready to sacrifice my blood for this country and its stability."

Last edited:
From what fam is telling me out there, Morsi is a ****, almost the same as Mubarak conditions.

Just announced on TV that the military have put him under arrest

If hes gone, good riddance.  

Never heard of a military coup being announced in advanced. I thought the military didn't want to take over? This is really amazing what's going on.

Anyone know if Morsi is US backed? TBH I haven't been paying attention, excuse the ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
They sayin the people r happy that the army is gonna snatch him out, but then they want the army to fall back and let somebody else step in

They aint givin up that control

Never heard of a military coup being announced in advanced. I thought the military didn't want to take over? This is really amazing what's going on.

Anyone know if Morsi is US backed? TBH I haven't been paying attention, excuse the ignorance.
Apparently docs came out that Morsi was under CIA payroll for a period of time.

The election that took place was fixed i believed, no one in Egypt knew anyone who wanted Morsi in power, yet he won by a decent percentage.

I don't get that the people truly want this. I feel outside influences are trying to exploit the current politcal climate to suit their own need, and the US being one of them. Lets face it the Muslim Brotherhood was not who we wanted. They being heavily pursued western backed Muslim Nations.

The election that took place was fixed i believed, no one in Egypt knew anyone who wanted Morsi in power, yet he won by a decent percentage.

Muslim Brotherhood is quite popular in alot of the Middle East they are by far the most organized of the political parties in the ME. They just don't vibe with alot of US interest. The whole brotherhood was just tried and half convicted here in Dubai. The ruling monarchs do not want them to gain power

Thanks, sounds like the same song. Didn't the people elect the Muslim brotherhood?

US wants Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, the people dont.

Egypt is US' only hope to get to Iran and other Shia Muslim countries

By putting a Sunni in power, they have a small gateway to Iran

Then eventually when the Sunni/Shia war pops off

Muslims are left to look like animals, and the US wins

(all IMO)

Muslim Brotherhood is quite popular in alot of the Middle East they are by far the most organized of the political parties in the ME. They just don't vibe with alot of US interest. The whole brotherhood was just tried and half convicted here in Dubai. The ruling monarchs do not want them to gain power
They are quite popular, just were never popular in Egypt, amongst the poor or the rich

Majority of egyptians dont really consider themselves apart of the middle east as much as they consider themselves african (which they are)

US wants Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, the people dont.

Egypt is US' only hope to get to Iran and other Shia Muslim countries

By putting a Sunni in power, they have a small gateway to Iran

Then eventually when the Sunni/Shia war pops off

Muslims are left to look like animals, and the US wins

(all IMO)

US does not want MB in Egypt they took they boy Muburak out. Syria was gonna be they plan to cut off Iran, but they will never get a gateway into Iran atleast not in the near future. US doesn't want a large scale war in the region it would destablize the region and threaten us Oil interest along with strengthen Russia influence in the region.

They are quite popular, just were never popular in Egypt, amongst the poor or the rich

Majority of egyptians dont really consider themselves apart of the middle east as much as they consider themselves african (which they are)

They considered themselves North African, but they will always see themselves as Arab. (I literally asked a bunch watching the Coup here at the cafe and they gave me the screw face when I asked :rofl:)

Its very popular with large segments of the poor outside the cities and rural areas.

US does not want MB in Egypt they took they boy Muburak out. Syria was gonna be they plan to cut off Iran, but they will never get a gateway into Iran atleast not in the near future. US doesn't want a large scale war in the region it would destablize the region and threaten us Oil interest along with strengthen Russia influence in the region.
Obama administration openly supported MB in Egypt.  

Obama administration openly supported MB in Egypt.  

They had to support them to get away from public backlash of supporting Muburak for 30 years :lol:

I understand what they said in press conferences but the US also provided intelligence to the UAE government to disband the muslim brotherhood here in Dubai.

They considered themselves North African, but they will always see themselves as Arab. (I literally asked a bunch watching the Coup here at the cafe and they gave me the screw face when I asked
roll.gif
)

Its very popular with large segments of the poor outside the cities and rural areas.
Arabs yes, although a sense of unity with the middle east isn't as prominent as with other countries in the ME.

As long as the next ruler doesn't mix religion with politics, isn't there for 25+ years, I'll be happy.

Arabs yes, although a sense of unity with the middle east isn't as prominent as with other countries in the ME.

As long as the next ruler doesn't mix religion with politics, isn't there for 25+ years, I'll be happy.

I like your style

I woonder what ghengis khan or any other historical world leader/conquerer would think of this

Egypt lookin like World War Z

You got famous actors out there with the people protesting and it's all good (aside from the sexual assaults out there 
mean.gif
)

I wanna go back now

The people of Egypt are so far ahead of people in this country. Props to them to standing up to that puppet. :pimp:

if only those sentiments where true and could apply to the us.

Back
Top Bottom