- Joined Jul 2, 2012
http://www.examiner.com/article/191...you-smarter-than-a-100-year-old-eighth-graderAre you smarter than a century old eighth grader?
1. Spell out these numbers: .00003, .5764, 43.37
2. Solve: 35.7, plus 4
3. Solve: At $1.62 1/2 a cord, what will be the cost of a pile of wood 24 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 6 feet 3 inches high?
1. What is a personal noun?
2. Define common noun, proper noun.
3. Adjectives have how many degrees of comparison? Compare good; wise; beautiful.
1. Locate Erie Canal; what waters does it connect, and why is it important?
2. Locate the following countries which border each other: Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Montenegro, and Romania.
3. Locate these cities: Mobile, Quebec, Buenos Aires, Liverpool, Honolulu.
1. How does the liver compare in size with other glands in the human body? Where is it located? What does it secrete?
2. Define Cerebrum and Cerebellum.
3. Where is the chief nervous center of the body?
1. Name and define the three branches of government in the United States.
2. Give three duties of the President. What is meant by the veto power?
3. Name three rights given Congress by the Constitution and two rights denied Congress.
1. Who first discovered the following places: Florida, Pacific Ocean, Miss (Mississippi) River, St. Lawrence River?
2. Describe the battle of Quebec.
3. Name two Presidents who have died in office and three who were assassinated.