Eighth grade exam from 1912.

You were doing so well until you spelled allowed as aloud :/
laugh.gif

I did pretty good. Well, I guess the true test would be to pass this along to my younger cousins around the age of an 8th grader to see if they pass. lol.

A lot of you guys are forgetting that not everyone was able to get a formal education during the early 1900's. Public school wasn't standardized yet and the kids that did go to school we're extremely privileged.

Because of the low student/teacher ratio--The quality of education was a lot higher. That explains why the questions seen above seem foreign to some people. Modern day education has become generalized and most school curriculums won't focus on things like grammar and history/geography and the humanities. It's really more about reading comprehension and basic math.

Judging by those questions, you can tell they taught kids how to think during those times. Now, all you see are kids memorizing facts and regurgitating information. No one is taught to think anymore. I even see grown adults now who can't even think for themselves :smh:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ken Piffy Jr  

Ayooo I'm def not proud of this but I passed 8th grade with all F's and one D.

From what I was told my middle school was not aloud to hold back 8th graders (too crowded) So I took that and ran with it.
You were doing so well until you spelled allowed as aloud :/
OH NO!!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looking at the questions, I would probably fail the test NOW. But I am sure I would be able to get at least a passing grade if I were to go back to the 8th grade.

Except for world geography, I remember learning about most, if not all, of that stuff in middle school. Even the world geography questions doesn't seem too hard.

Back
Top Bottom