ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Hussein Obama
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

2255881219bc211c3aa8lx9.jpg

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Queen McCain
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

queen_john_mccain.jpg

Are we done with the immaturity?

Was that directed at me? If so you can keep it up. Im not voting for either.

2222mw1.jpg

mccain_fugitive.jpg

dddddj3.jpg

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I hope he wins. But I'm not voting for him.

Explain?

I decided to vote Ron Paul. Obviously he's not going to take the Presidency, so I would rather have Obama than McCain.

The next months are going to be as dirty as they get
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I look at the above quote and go WOW, diplomacy and peace between Israel and Palestinians may finally be achieved with Obama as President because those fools may actually be willing to compromise now.

the perpetrators of violence are the islamic extremists that will NEVER compromise with jews, and will not end the violence until either israel is no longera state, or the entire world converts to islam. how likely is it that either of those happen?

^word wut in the world made that dude think the jews would ever give back the land.

They stole it fair and square.

Originally Posted by sole leisure

Hussein Obama wont win in November.

This guy wants to talk with terrorist organizations. When you have terrorist organizations endorsing you, that's a problem.

I think it's funny that most of you are basing your opinion on the way he delivers speeches? You know, Hitler was a powerful speaker as well.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
If there was EVER a time in the existence of NT that the stoneface is appropriate, this is it. Wow. I can't even begin to think about a response to this ignorant, racist, nonsensical argument. YES, it's his middle name, I know. But anyone who refers to him as "Hussein Obama" or "Barack Hussein Obama" is doing it because it sparks a response in most people that links this common middle eastern name to Saddam Hussein. Yeah Hitler was a powerful speaker, so what? So was Abe Lincoln. This kind of thinking (or lack of) is bringing the country backwards. Maybe this guy wants to talk because we're tired of seeing our men and women dying and we want to explore other ways of operating.

jesus, the race card gets dropped at every available occasion these days. the comment may be stupid, but its hardly racist. what it is, is as dumb as allof the obama supporters calling mccain "mcsame", "mcaint", "mcbush", etc, etc. the minute you fools start referring to eithercandidate with a derogatory name, YOU LOSE.....the debate and credibility.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

^word wut in the world made that dude think the jews would ever give back the land.

They stole it fair and square.

the UN mandated it, not israel, but thats neither here nor there.

smh.... A lot of you are sounding pretty clueless about international politics on here.... So do McCain and Obama at times. Great.

Lastly is diplomacy a bad thing? Someone clue me in because didn't the US and the Iraqis held talks to end the violence in Sadr city with the Mahdi militia just last month? From what I read the Madhi militia is being sponsored by Iran and whom have murdered US troops by the dozens so why are we having a cease fire and not destroying Sadr city where these insurgents are residing? Diplomacy and talks actually worked? Hmmmmm
It's a nuanced thing. It only works if there is some common ground and some ability to compromise, even if the 2 sides were at war in thepast. If State A states that they will not stop until they destroy State B, what is there for State B to talk about? Or, if State B has tried talks for thepast 20 years and gotten nothing, what is there to talk about?

In the case of the Mahdi Army, I don't know a lot, but there is some common ground between them in the Iraqi government in terms of forming a stablecountry.

Not that I support Bush or a lot of the things he has done, but there is a slight possibility (so you're telling me there's a chance!) that there couldbe some historic progress in his final year in many areas of the Middle East. Of course, I'm not holding my breath. Regardless, most foreign policywon't change under a new president.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by sole leisure

Hussein Obama wont win in November.

This guy wants to talk with terrorist organizations. When you have terrorist organizations endorsing you, that's a problem.

I think it's funny that most of you are basing your opinion on the way he delivers speeches? You know, Hitler was a powerful speaker as well.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
If there was EVER a time in the existence of NT that the stoneface is appropriate, this is it. Wow. I can't even begin to think about a response to this ignorant, racist, nonsensical argument. YES, it's his middle name, I know. But anyone who refers to him as "Hussein Obama" or "Barack Hussein Obama" is doing it because it sparks a response in most people that links this common middle eastern name to Saddam Hussein. Yeah Hitler was a powerful speaker, so what? So was Abe Lincoln. This kind of thinking (or lack of) is bringing the country backwards. Maybe this guy wants to talk because we're tired of seeing our men and women dying and we want to explore other ways of operating.

jesus, the race card gets dropped at every available occasion these days. the comment may be stupid, but its hardly racist. what it is, is as dumb as all of the obama supporters calling mccain "mcsame", "mcaint", "mcbush", etc, etc. the minute you fools start referring to either candidate with a derogatory name, YOU LOSE.....the debate and credibility.

I'm the last person to call something racist. Some people do drop the race card at every opportunity, but that's not me. I'm convinced that the"Hussein" dropping is racially motivated. Come on, you're telling me that whenever someone calls him "Hussein Obama" that theyaren't trying to equate him with the terrorists and dictators in the middle east that we're all afraid of these days?

Hussein Obama isn't racially motivated. IMO it's just the familiar response you see anywhere on the internet by those who don't have anythingconstructive to bring to the American debate. You can see it on any major blog or website. The fact is, is that many Republicans are still hoping to evokingfear by constantly repeating his middle name in the hopes that it will unconsciously sway voters to vote for good ol' American John.

There's really no use getting upset about it since it will be a common occurrence this campaign season. It's also an indication of how the Republicanswant to win this election. Instead of debating issues or trying to explain their own candidate's errors and inconsistencies they will instead resort toattacking the other candidate. All you have to do to see this phenomenon in action is visit the websites of the two candidates' respective parties.

If you go to the DNC website you'll see an expected picture of a happy Barack Obama in front of a large crowd as his party shows off their excitement andsupport for him. If you go to the RNC website you'll also see a picture of Barack Obama along with a clever video and some clever headlines. Althoughthere's really nothing about John Mc.Cain.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I just ran into a lil white child about the age of 6 or 7 and his cohort a little Spanish child. They were tryna convince me to go to an Obama rally in Bristow VA. So i asked him if he was of age to vote who would he vote for this how the dialogue went:

Him: Would you like to go to an obama rally?
Me: no not really kid, but what you got there?
Him: Were informing voters that there will be an obama rally in Bristow
Me: oh wow, so tell me if you could vote...who would you vote for?
Him: Well I'm gong for McCain but he (pointing to Spanish cohort) likes obama. You know minorities tend to stick together...
Me:
eek.gif

-needless to say I was speechless thereafter...The kid was very articulate.
laugh.gif
Kids are so dumb. Spanish and blacks hate each other.
Care to elaborate on why people in Spain (Europeans) would hate blacks?

r4275517511.jpg

'We will make history together'...

[font=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]THE LADY IS OUT
[/font]

Clinton ends historic presidential bid...

Vanquished...

We Must Work Together to Elect Barack Obama - Senator Hillary Clinton
Emotional End to Historic Bid - Kate Snow & Eloise Harper, ABC News
For Clintons, an Old Dream Finally Fades - John Harris, The Politico
What's Up Hillary's Sleeve? - Dlck Morris & Eileen McGann, FOX News
Let's Give Hillary a Hand - Katha Pollitt, The Nation
Oil Jolt Is Fresh Hit to Economy - Neil King Jr., Wall Street Journal
Doubts Cast on Recovery - Steven Mufson & Neil Irwin, Washington Post
General Election's New Playing Field - Michael Barone, US News & World Rpt
Obituary of the Hotly Anticipated Candidacy - Chuck Todd, NBC News
Clinton's Lesson: Attrition Doesn't Work - Reid Wilson, RealClearPolitics
The Clinton Obituary May Be Premature - Edward Luce, Financial Times
McCain's Speech Problem - Robert Novak, Chicago Sun-Times
McCain Campaign Bets on Lean Mode - Mike Allen, The Politico
High Gas Prices May Work for GOP - Fred Barnes, Weekly Standard
Timing + Charisma + Internet = Obama Nomination - Blake Dvorak, RCP
Savor Obama's Nomination - Bob Herbert, New York Times

Is the Clinton Era Over? - Steven Thomma and Matt Stearns, McClatchy
Can '68 Can Teach Us About '08? - David Shribman,Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Obama and His Labels - Steve Chapman, Chicago Tribune
How Good of an Actor Is She? - Maureen Dowd, New York Times
How Obama, McCain Should Choose VP -Michael Barone, US News & WR
In General Election, Race Hangs inBalance - A. McFeatters, Boston Herald
Obama, McCain Seek to Redraw Electoral Map -Dan Balz, Washington Post
For Clintons, an Old Dream Finally Fades - John Harris, The Politico
Hillary Held Her Nose, Did Her Job - MichaelGoodwin, New York Daily News
The Problem Was the Money - Mark Penn, New York Times
What Undid Hillary Clinton - Michael Crowley, Los Angeles Times
Obama Saving the World, With Humility - Mark Steyn, OC Register
McCain on How to Beat a Rock Star - Bailey and Meacham, Newsweek
One Historic Night, Two Americas - Frank Rich, New York Times
McCain Could Still Win - John O'Sullivan, Sunday Telegraph
Let the Debates Begin - David Broder, WashingtonPost

Obama_2008.sff_ILAB102_20080608130146.jpg
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., goes for a bike ride in Chicago, Sunday, June 8, 2008.(APPhoto/Alex Brandon)
[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Copyright 2008Associated Press. All right reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.[/font]
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-kass_bd_08jun08,0,1656920.column

Why Won't Obama Agree to Townhalls? - Mort Kondracke, Roll Call
The Economy and the Clinton Vote - Anthony Salvanto, CBS News
Obama's Brave New World? - Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal
Obama Moves to the Center - Thomas Edsall, Huffington Post
McCain Has Won the Iraq Argument - Abe Greenwald, Commentary
McCain Can Win Election on Iraq - Charles Krauthammer, Washington Post
A Realigning Mood Toward Obama? - E. J. Dionne, Houston Chronicle
Gitmo Decision Could Roil '08 Race - Rowley & Stohr, Bloomberg
McCain's Incoherence on Energy - Rich Lowry, New York Post
Whether or Not to Swift-Boat - Michael Kinsley, Time
Obama, Liberalism and the Challenge of Reform - David Brooks, NY Times