Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame

i wonder if Baltimore fans ride this hard Dilfer and Flacco?

@beyondmeasure pls answer

Dilfer? What seasons did Dilfer carry his team? Eli has had some seasons in which he had to carry the team, bad ones at that (just look at the last two, probably win 2 games without him with that defense).

His last two seasons are statistically his best, but his best season was clearly in 2011 with an unhealthy bottom of the league defense and worst rushing attack in the league. He led that team, and played flawlessly in the post season... All on the road (both times).

He follows up some good seasons with some poor ones when he threw 20 interceptions, but those were not good teams those seasons as well and he hasn't had a good rushing team for a majority of this decade.

He's proven with serviceable Oline to make good throws and reads, and is a good quarterback who rose to the occasion in big spots, and is out there every game and is as tough as they come

He's 36 years old and having an up and down season this year (his numbers are a bit down compared to last season), you can't expect him to replicate what he did in 2011. He is seeing ghosts out there with this offensive line this season,and rightfully so. Not sure how much more you expect an aging QB with a poor Oline and worst rushing attack to do.

As far as HOF goes since that's what the thread is about, it's a good possibility he makes it esp since he'll continue to move up the ranks statistically, but in the end that doesn't matter to me. He provided some great memories in those big games, and has always been a very good quarterback known to step up on a big spot. I just care about team wins, and the rest will fall into place.

Last edited:
i wonder if Baltimore fans ride this hard Dilfer and Flacco?

@beyondmeasure pls answer

Dilfer? What seasons did Dilfer carry his team? Eli has had some seasons in which he had to carry the team, bad ones at that (just look at the last two, probably win 2 games without him with that defense).

His last two seasons are statistically his best, but his best season was clearly in 2011 with an unhealthy bottom of the league defense and worst rushing attack in the league. He led that team, and played flawlessly in the post season... All on the road (both times).

He follows up some good seasons with some poor ones when he threw 20 interceptions, but those were not good teams those seasons as well and he hasn't had a good rushing team for a majority of this decade.

He's proven with serviceable Oline to make good throws and reads, and is a good quarterback who rose to the occasion in big spots, and is out there every game and is as tough as they come

He's 36 years old and having an up and down season this year (his numbers are a bit down compared to last season), you can't expect him to replicate what he did in 2011. He is seeing ghosts out there with this offensive line this season,and rightfully so. Not sure how much more you expect an aging QB with a poor Oline and worst rushing attack to do.

As far as HOF goes since that's what the thread is about, it's a good possibility he makes it esp since he'll continue to move up the ranks statistically, but in the end that doesn't matter to me. He provided some great memories in those big games, and has always been a very good quarterback known to step up on a big spot. I just care about team wins, and the rest will fall into place.

i know you're not in here that often anymore. so you're probably missing my sarcasm when it comes to Eli, Dilfer, and the HOF.

he is a SURE FIRE bet for the HOF. there is no question. he is a VERY average QB who had two great playoff runs. i personally don't believe that makes him a sure fire HOF'er...but it is what it is. rings speak louder than an entire body of work when it comes to the voting.

Dilfer being in the HOF was just a sarcastic comment. Eli is obviously much better.

I have no problem when people bring up his sub-par regular season stats, but to say he rode his defense both years is false especially 2011. Honestly I would contend that his 2011 post-season run is better than or at least equal to any either Tom or Peyton have had.

I have no problem when people bring up his sub-par regular season stats, but to say he rode his defense both years is false especially 2011. Honestly I would contend that his 2011 post-season run is better than or at least equal to any either Tom or Peyton have had.

his playoff wins were ridiculous. he went into some tough environments and won. that win at Lambeau IIRC was crazy

but to say he rode his defense both years is false especially 2011. Honestly I would contend that his 2011 post-season run is better than or at least equal to any either Tom or Peyton have had.

That 2011 playoff run where that defense the Falcons to 2 points(season low)?

That 2011 playoff run where that defense held MVP Rodgers to under 300 yards and got 4 turnovers while holding them to 20 points(2nd lowest scored for the season)?

That 2011 playoff run where that defense held the 49ers to 17 points with under 200 yards passing while Frank Gore had a team high in receptions? While only 1 WR caught a pass?

That 2011 playoff run where that defense held Brady to under 300 yards(3rd lowest of the season) while holding the #1 offense to 17 points(season low)?

...but nah, Eli had a magical/historical run that post-season for sure.

LOL. Giants fans..

Last edited:
his playoff wins were ridiculous. he went into some tough environments and won. that win at Lambeau IIRC was crazy

That one and the one against the 49ers in the playoffs was crazy too. Eli was still in the pocket taking them hits and won them the game with his arm despite getting dragged and rocked all game.

Went over my head deadsetace [emoji]128514[/emoji]

That one and the one against the 49ers in the playoffs was crazy too. Eli was still in the pocket taking them hits and won them the game with his arm despite getting dragged and rocked all game.

Game showed everyone just how tough he is, bad weather on the road, 49ers defense that year was special, run game did nothing, and he threw 50+ times and converted on some big third down plays in clutch situations

Played flawlessly the next game vs the Pats too. He was in complete control and the defense got healthy during their run. They don't make the playoffs that season without Eli's come from behind wins,esp vs Dallas on the road down two scores with 4 min left.

Up and down career for sure, think he makes it when it's all said and done, he has a few years left in the tank.

Last edited:
Game showed everyone just how tough he is, bad weather on the road, 49ers defense that year was special, run game did nothing, and he threw 50+ times and converted on some big third down plays in clutch situations

Played flawlessly the next game vs the Pats too. He was in complete control and the defense got healthy during their run. They don't make the playoffs that season without Eli's come from behind wins,esp vs Dallas on the road down two scores with 4 min left.

Up and down career for sure, think he makes it when it's all said and done, he has a few years left in the tank.

Yeah I agree with everything here. After that game I could never hate on Eli again. If that was Peyton or any other HOF QB they would of thrown about 4-5 picks easily that game and a bunch of turnovers.

They said the first time he went to the SB and won against the Pats was lucky.Then he comes and does it again in the clutch the second time. Giants defense was amazing both runs but they still don't win those games twice against the legendary Pats with any other QB in the league including his brother.

That 2011 playoff run where that defense held MVP Rodgers to under 300 yards and got 4 turnovers while holding them to 20 points(2nd lowest scored for the season)?

That 2011 playoff run where that defense held the 49ers to 17 points with under 200 yards passing while Frank Gore had a team high in receptions? While only 1 WR caught a pass?

That 2011 playoff run where that defense held Brady to under 300 yards(3rd lowest of the season) while holding the #1 offense to 17 points(season low)?

LOL. Giants fans..

LMFAO

Eli won them the game?!?! Absolutely laughable. There are a handful of things that caused the Giants to win that game and not one of them was Eli Manning a part of.

Ridiculous claim. Just absurd.

LMFAO

Eli won them the game?!?! Absolutely laughable. There are a handful of things that caused the Giants to win that game and not one of them was Eli Manning a part of.

Yeah Eli didnt win them that game.

Really appreciate yall choking it.

LMFAO

Yeah we choked away a Superbowl. Sad. Thank you for being a realistic fan.

shatterkneesinc is a Patriots fan. that's why he's showing some logic

LMFAO

Yeah we choked away a Superbowl. Sad. Thank you for being a realistic fan.

shatterkneesinc is a Patriots fan. that's why he's showing some logic

Makes sense. I did think it was kinda crazy that a Giants fan admitted Eli had very little to do with that NFCCG win. So out of character.

you can have Romo, best backup money can buy. QB rating reg season hahahah nice. ohhhhh and by your logic Tony Romo is a better QB than Troy hahahahhaa. reg season wonder tony romo....

you do know that troy is in the hall of fame because he won 3 super bowls right? or do you think its his reg season stats?

enjoy your holiday

Last edited:

but to say he rode his defense both years is false especially 2011. Honestly I would contend that his 2011 post-season run is better than or at least equal to any either Tom or Peyton have had.

Eli Manning: 277yds 3TDs 129.3 qb rating

Eli Manning: 330yds 3TDs 114.5 qb rating
Eli Manning: 316yds 2TDs 82.3 qb rating

Eli Manning: 296yds 1TDs 103.8 qb rating

LOL. Giants fans..
2011 stats

NYG

Defense: 27th

Offense: 8th( 5th in passing, 32nd in rushing)

So when the Giants Defense finally started clicking in the playoffs and both sides of the ball were playing well, (AKA what's needed for 90% of Super Bowl champions) that equals the QB riding the Defense?

Last edited:
giants never really had a running game afyter tiki barber retired.... we had a few years where bradshaw/ jacobs/ ward were servicable but to say we had a good running game, or a good o line would not be accurate

i try not to dispute eli with non fans,,,,, i appreciate all that he has dont for the franchise, even though at times eli is going to eli, lol

2011 stats

NYG

LOL. You say Eli had one of the greatest post season runs and then bring up the team's reg. season rushing stats. Why not the postseason stats where ya'll averaged 100 yards a game rushing?

Either you dudes bring up irrelevant stats or just deflect like the other clown did and leave. LOL.

That defense had an all-pro run. If you think what Eli did is equal too or better than ya'll defensive performance against those offenses in the playoffs, then LOL.

I still think it's virtually certain Eli gets in, and right away. What about Flacco though with his rings then? And how about someone on the flip side like Phil Rivers? Rivers is one more 4,000-yard season away from being SEVENTH in all time passing yards. And he's already top-8 in TDs. This era is a mess.

I think QBs should continue to be judged in their own era. We know the old time QBs do not have nearly the stats that today's QBs do because of the rule changes and offensive philosophies. It's a completely different game now.

Because of that guys like Kenny Stabler eventually get into the HOF. Kenny's got okay stats.... but he won a SB and was part of the 70's all decade team and was basically right up there for his position at that time.

Eli to me never has been at the very top of the field during his playing career, and that should be in the equation when you are talking the Hall of Fame. I wonder if that should affect his case. Careers overlap obviously, but Tom Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Drew Brees, and even perhaps Roethlisberger and others would have a case of being better than him. Should the 6th or 7th best QB of his general era be getting in? Even with 2 rings? Maybe. But it's a question.

I will say this: After seeing what Derek Carr and Mariotta went through last weekend I have high admiration for one overlooked Eli stat: 209 straight starts(including the playoffs) after next weekend.

Last edited:

2011 stats

NYG
LOL. You say Eli had one of the greatest post season runs and then bring up the team's reg. season rushing stats. Why not the postseason stats where ya'll averaged 100 yards a game rushing?

Either you dudes bring up irrelevant stats or just deflect like the other clown did and leave. LOL.

That defense had an all-pro run. If you think what Eli did is equal too or better than ya'll defensive performance against those offenses in the playoffs, then LOL.
 Since 2000, in your opinion what are some examples of QBs who did were not "carried by their defense"?

Those 4th quarters in both Super Bowl victories were on Eli's back man...those 2 Super Bowls were special, possibly the best superbowls ever played, or at least top 5...all other stats are irrelevant for the rest of his career....that is what he will be remembered for, not the million intos, or fumbles, or blown games, those two superbowls is what will set Eli apart from the rest.

Those 4th quarters in both Super Bowl victories were on Eli's back man...those 2 Super Bowls were special, possibly the best superbowls ever played, or at least top 5...all other stats are irrelevant for the rest of his career....that is what he will be remembered for, not the million intos, or fumbles, or blown games, those two superbowls is what will set Eli apart from the rest.

This is what makes Giants fans so great. I wish more were like this. Honesty.

Nothing else matters on certain topics. Doesn't matter that the defense held Tom Brady to 7 points combined in those 4th quarters. Doesn't even matter that Eli didn't even throw a TD in that 4th quarter in 2011. All they see is "Eli putting the team on his back". LOL.

Classic Giants fans. Just throw out stats or logic. Create a narrative and run with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom