Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by MMG

Im sorry but Peyton is leaps and bounds a better QB than his brother.

if eli went down to begin the year the giants are no where near as bad as the colts.

What u smoking? If Eli played for those stacked colt teams that big brother Played for he would have at least 3 rings.

You're high off this superbowl victory or on sherm... You're talking about a QB who 7 weeks ago your entire city said was trash yet now he's better than a 4x MVP because he won the bowl last night.  You're talking about a QB who has lead the league in INT's compared to a QB who threw for 49 TD's.

He's Good, had a GREAT year & if he continues on this path he will be a HOFer but stop being a prisoner of the moment.

Stack Colt teams... Look at what happens to these "weapons" when Peyton is no longer directing them. Brandon Stokley? Reggie Wayne... 1st time in 7yrs he didn't crack 1000 yards receiving.  Dallas Clark?  Joseph Addai? What weapons?

Peyton had Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders on defense who was ALWAYS hurt... THAT'S IT!!! No other play makers on that side of the ball.  Y'all have 3 CRAZY DE's and another good one.  That pass rush alone Peyton would've KILLED for, the one year his defense was good he won the bowl. 

Peyton is a NFL legend and one of theeee ALL TIME GREATS, In the GOAT discussion if he never plays another down of football in his life.  Eli is just a NYC legend at this point.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
pls go

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

Originally Posted by MMG

if eli went down to begin the year the giants are no where near as bad as the colts.

wut?
Without Eli, they probably don't win a single game.

Not sure if serious... David Carr is one of the better Back ups in the NFL.

Yep
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No one outside of NYC would ever say Eli was better than Peyton as a QB. EVER!!!

Hell at 9-7 the thought of him being on Peyton's level was no where near anything y'all would think about let alone say out loud..

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by MMG

wut?

David Carr is not doing anything with the worst running game in the league, one of the worst defenses in the league, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.
pls go as well.

No one outside of NYC would ever say Eli was better than Peyton as a QB. EVER!!!

Hell at 9-7 the thought of him being on Peyton's level was no where near anything y'all would think about let alone say out loud..

30t6p3b.gif
Nobody IN NYC would say Eli is better than Peyton unless they were dumb. 
But Peyton has been in a much better offensive system throughout his career so it really isn't fair to compare them.

Originally Posted by blakep267

it depends. If you put emphasis on stats or superbowls.  Eli isnt a better qb than Brees, Brady, Peyton, rodgers. but he does win.
(not really directed at you, just general statement)
.....a lot more goes into an NFL quarterback than just stats, it has and always will be about pocket presence, preparation, putting the ball in a spot where a WR can create yards after the catch, ball security, driving your team down the field when it matters most, etc.
Eli carried his team the entire season, anyone who doesn't call him an elite quarterback at this point is fooling themselves.

What was that, his 7th or 8th fourth quarter comeback this season alone? He did this when his defense stunk up the place and WR's kept dropping balls and no run game..... and he bailed them out too many times. 

I'm fine with Eli ms my teams quarterback over anyone in the league right now
pimp.gif

wut?

David Carr is not doing anything with the worst running game in the league, one of the worst defenses in the league, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.
pls go as well.
Wow... This is worse than I thought. I don't need to go anywhere... You just told me that Eli makes a 0 win team into a Super Bowl team and that the defense is one of the worst in the league... The one that held the Pats to 17 points... The one that held the Pack to 20... The one that held the Falcons to 2...

You've got to be kidding me.

I'm sure he meant before the defense finally played up to par, because when they were 7-7 they were lit up by the good teams...yes they had a lot of injuries especially up front, but so many blown assignments.

Eli pretty much won 6 of those 7 games when they were 7-7 on his own
sick.gif
.....they probably would have won 1-2 of those games without him
sick.gif

it depends. If you put emphasis on stats or superbowls.  Eli isnt a better qb than Brees, Brady, Peyton, rodgers. but he does win.

He isnt better but he does win? Lulz makes no sense to me. The reason he does win is because he's clutch when it mostly counts you play to win the game hello? Out of these two rings only one home game win and the rest on the road. No more needs to be said

that makes perfect sense. its like somebody saying robert horry is better than karl malone just because horry has tons of rings. he's clutch yea, but he also has a beast of a defense. skill wise he's not better than the people Ive named. Eli isnt going to be breakking any passing records anytime soon.

So ur saying Eli is Robert horry? Eli isn't a role player he's the reason they won it all and is the only player on that team that has been consistent all year long. You can take a qb that's breaking passing records I'll stick with one that gets me rings.

30t6p3b.gif
Nobody IN NYC would say Eli is better than Peyton unless they were dumb. 
But Peyton has been in a much better offensive system throughout his career so it really isn't fair to compare them.

My point in talking about what those players haven't done w/o Peyton wasn't that Peyton doesn't play in a great system its more to show that everything that glitters isn't gold and that Indy's success was more of a product of Peyton's greatness than the other way around which Tim Teufel attempted to make it out it to be.

pls go as well.
Wow... This is worse than I thought. I don't need to go anywhere... You just told me that Eli makes a 0 win team into a Super Bowl team and that the defense is one of the worst in the league... The one that held the Pats to 17 points... The one that held the Pack to 20... The one that held the Falcons to 2...

You've got to be kidding me.

You should check some stats before posting a reply. 

Seymore name one person that said Eli was garbage? At 7-7 we were playing so bad as a team that Eli and jpp were the only reason why we were even 7-7 lol. Name the hall of fame qbs that have won all these tough games away from home? We didn't get no bye weeks, we had to earn every single win on the other teams turf. How many times have the colts lost to this pats team again?

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Is Brady in Elis class?

He was in a whole different class before yesterday. He's been to 5 bowls and won 3 but after yesterday. You could make a huge argument for Eli. Shouldn't be so much hate for Ben in a thread about Eli. If it was a thread about winning and character issues maybe but all Ben does is win. Better stats them Eli more wins and pro bowls. been to one more bowl then Eli. Has more heart and strength. You gotta stop living for what he did yesterday and not forget his entire career. I think Eli is in the hof but dudes making it like he's the goat is crazy. Saying he's better then Ben? And character this is the same dude who gave the finger to San Diego before the draft and told the nfl where he was going to play. Both Eli and Ben are winners and both should be locks for the hall.

Seymore name one person that said Eli was garbage? At 7-7 we were playing so bad as a team that Eli and jpp were the only reason why we were even 7-7 lol. Name the hall of fame qbs that have won all these tough games away from home? We didn't get no bye weeks, we had to earn every single win on the other teams turf. How many times have the colts lost to this pats team again?

Didn't the Giants play the Falcons at home wild card weekend?

Defensive stats are deceiving. Allegedly the Steelers had the best pass D this year which is laughable. And to say the Giants would be a zero win team without Eli is also laughable. They have more talent than that. Not a playoff team without him but not a winless team either which has occurred once

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Yeah I was talking about both of Eli's rings genius

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Yeah I was talking about both of Eli's rings genius

Genius? You said on the road at the other teams turf. The giants played the Falcons this year at home. Unless you mean the Patriots were at he yesterday. I don't get your genius remark. I thought it was a fact the giants played the falcons in these very playoffs at home.

January 8th 2012 to be exact. Final score 2-24 at the giants stadium. I just gave Eli all the credit. You said every game on the road. No super bowl team has ever been a home team do your referring to the playoffs in which he had a home game.

If it's a must win game and I had to choose, I'm takin Eli over Peyton. 

Peyton's 4 years in college, couldn't win the big one. 
Peyton's 14 years in the NFL, he's won the big one once. 

It's been following the guy for almost 2 decades.  He's great, he elevates a team without question, but when it's on the line, something always happens to that guy or his team.  There's damn near 20 years of evidence now, why people stomp their feet and try to deny it is beyond me. 

Eli, has been 4-0 in the playoffs, TWICE already in his career, with the majority of those games on the road.  6/1 TD/Pick ration in the first, 9/1 TD/Pick ration in the second.  On top of that, come from behind drives to win 2 Super Bowls.  Certainly has some luck on his side, but lots of seasons can be won or lost on luck. 
He's won in Green Bay twice, vs Favre and vs Aaron Rodgers, he won in OT in Frisco, beat Brady twice on the biggest stage, he seems to find ways to get it done, Peyton has not had that same luck. 

And Eli still has time to add to that resume.  Peyton doesn't have a whole lot left, but maybe he has a big couple years to close his career out. 

anyone who thinks Eli is anywhere NEAR his brother is smokin dust flatout

prisoners of the moment at it's finest

and Tom Brady is still better than Eli Manning

How many times have the colts lost to this pats team again?

This Pats team? Once by 7 points.

Besides that 18-1 team that y'all beat, and I give y'all helly props for that, y'all didn't play the patriots teams that Peyton played.  You'd be foolish to compare this team to the teams that one those 1st 3 superbowls.  They were better at every key position on EACH side of the ball, minus Brady he's better now than he was then and at the TE.  Defensively & Special Teams wise they were head and shoulders above this Pats team.

I can't take anything away from the fact that you guys beat them because you did it.  As far as beating them, the bottomline is you guys have the front four that is able to get to and pressure Brady.  Indy has never had that so he's always been able to sit there and pick them apart, and N.E's defense was much much much much better at EVERY position.

You have a problem reading? I said his two rings. We are debating his worth as a qb and im pointing out the road wins he has had that makes him better than big brother.

Despite Eli having the home playoff game this year that got this incredible run going into Green Bay and then SF and winning he for real. The giants were two 49er special team blunders away from going home. Not even being in ot. This is Eli Manning whose on pace to break Favre's int record. The same dude who in the regular season looks like a glass house. 50 fumbles? 129 int's? Completion percentage under 60%. In the big games and in the playoffs Eli has shown up time and time again but take away this year and he was a mediocre qb. Add this year and now people ask is he the greatest of all time? He's not even the greatest in the league today. He's top 5 maybe even top 3 And I'm not a Giants fan but I have much respect for him and he'll be in the hof but stop making it like he's the best qb of all time.

Back
Top Bottom