Elite DC is going to be called Palace 5ive

Before jumping out there, I think an explanation for what their initial goal WAS with the picture would be appreciated.

Either way, no one responsible is going to admit the full truth to us, especially since the picture looks more staged than a WWE event.

So, even if an explanation occurs, it is safe to assume it's gonna be on some George Bush madness.

The DREAM TEAM -- "We RESPECT reality... We don't live internet lives..."
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

Quote:
A Ruby Tuesdays just a few blocks from 14th and Columbia? 14th and Clifton ain't even a "hood" for real anymore? There is a spot I CAN'T even afford near 14th and Florida now? If THAT ain't mind openers, historicially alone in Uptown, smfh!
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998
Team Negrodamus
Team Macintosh
PC USER? LMFAO​

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting your money is what counts, not being socially responsible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see who said this. Did it get "magically" erased?

Either way, the one dude looks like Ian in the Flightposites. This pic was staged more than that Democrat Presidential debate Howard University the other night.

Quote:
Before jumping out there, I think an explanation for what their initial goal WAS with the picture would be appreciated.
:smh:
smh.gif
BOYCOTT SAL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Team DC/MD/VA
MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your vision is failing O haha, Kev posted it about 10 posts in the thread and it's still there :nerd:
nerd.gif
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes that's what it was, it wasn't meant to incite a fiery speech from you (cause I think one was coming) :lol:
laugh.gif
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

Quote:
The "staged" theory was mentioned to me privately before but honestly how do you pull that off?

Usually, its a fair trade off to give a homeless person $10/each to do something stupid like this (hell, maybe even $5) in any given inner city in the U.S. of A. Which makes this, if true, even worst...

Quote:
I don't see who said this. Did it get "magically" erased?

'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

Another question:

If someone on NT posted this pic (or something similar) as a way to joke or clown those that "camp" for kicks, would people be as mad?

I think that the mature folks of NT would fine it offensive...I look at it like this...

As a working MAN...I know that If I don't stay on a grind of some sort - THAT could be me...or my family. That's why if you go back through this thread and see who posted...you'd notice that is the upper age bracket that has spoken up the MOST.

We all know Beltway Boy has a mature way of thinking...so I expected him to comment. But, not many kids in here right now.
TEAM I DON'T NEED ONENiketalk's One Man Graphics Shop.
www.omaaro.com

I forgot to add:

It's obvious that the pic is staged. I have seen a pretty good number of homeless people in my lifetime (From B-More to DC to San Fran), but I have never seen two peoples (let alone dudes) sleeping like they are adjoined twins.

Just as Kev stated...if the pic is stage...that's even WORSE.

I've seen some homeless or bums sleeping however they can fall asleep.

If you're homeless...you ain't got time to be thinking about "No @#%$" behavior.
www.omaaro.com

Quote:
If someone on NT posted this pic (or something similar) as a way to joke or clown those that "camp" for kicks, would people be as mad?

Quote:
I've seen some homeless or bums sleeping however they can fall asleep.

Bums? Some people would deem that to be insensitive.

Quote:
If you're homeless...you ain't got time to be thinking about "No %^#" behavior.

Excuse my frankness, but that is a du-mass statement.

And the more I look at the pic, those people aren't necessarily homeless either. They look more like fiends or alcoholics, which doesn't necessarily mean they are homeless. And would change the conversation in a whole other direction.

Overall, I think it was an extremely bad decision to use this as their introduction into DC or in general. As many have stated, people should be more responsible than that (business wise & personally). But some of yall seem to be mad/offended for the wrong reason. I am 99% sure that if one of us NTers posted that pic in a thread where people were talking about camping for a release, the "offensive" comments would be highly limited, but there would probably be a plethora of "LOL" and "LMAO" comments.

On the racial issue, I think Method said it best. It isn't directly racist, but it definitely has racial undertones. But coming from Fairfax, this is what I kind of expect.

I am undecided as to my patronage status, but they definitely have me leaning towards PASS.

Scott, in all seriousness, you know as well as others, that I don't condone camping. And whether they used asian, black and white kids, fiends, drunks or old ladies, I'm offended from the standpoint that this is how you view your customer. A sheep. a follower. Someone who I can manipulate and make them wait, at my own leisure and amusement.

That's the bigger picture. Them using them fiends/drunks/homeless dudes is only a byline to that core issue.

THIS IS HOW THEY VIEW THEIR CUSTOMERS. Whether in jest or in seriousness, this is how you all are viewed.

So no damn lol's or lmao's from me. S @#%$ t ain't funny. It's outright sad they view their target demographic in such a manner, but atleast they were upfront about it(subliminally).

I still haven't been to Cmonwealth after that dum-@#%$ shirt they put out.

Team DC/MD/VA​

Scotch...I wasn't saying that homeless people and bums are the same...there's a big difference...I was refering to the guys that get liquored up and hang out on storefronts "bums"...they may not be homeless...I know the difference for sure...
www.omaaro.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sad to say, I think the few kids that feel the need to camp out would be far less offended than some people in this thread are and can probably understand why they would be goofed on. I know Pitcrew has cut out release dates and times for new stuff and I think Elite is going to be doing the same thing.
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

^Well, Hunter, if you want to be really "REAL" with it, they are where their "Skate" base is. In Fairfax. They promote all their hype brands and SB's in their email. The naivete of you to think they're moving to DC for Skate purposes. Why send out an email w/ fiends laid out w/ Nikes they CLEARLY don't sell if they were catering to that "supposed" core base, the skater?

Damn a bad shopping experience, as that's on a case by case scenario and what a person deems "bad". What's relevent is that they put out a picture in bad taste. It speaks upspoken volumes on their views on that segment of their customer, implied or otherwise. You can play the devil's advocate all you like, I know marketing when I see it.

Team DC/MD/VA​

Just got a call from Greg at Elite...in response to the email that I sent him about this issue.

I can't quote him verbatim because it was a lengthy conversation.

He mentioned that the guys in the pic have been hanging out in front of the store since they day they started building up. He stated that he gets along with those dudes and talks with them and jokes with them.

He mentioned that he is apologetic for the offense that has been taken and didn't plan/intend for such a result. He stated that his intent was SOLELY to poke fun at the people who camp out for new releases...nothing else...no other undertones.

We all see it as more...but I'll be open to accepting his apologies after speaking directly to him...

Many times...you don't get a reply back...and definitely not a phone call - I respected that.

I still see it as a mistake...but accept the apology...it seemed genuine.

[edit: you know better than to curse on NT.]

Quote:
^Well, Hunter, if you want to be really "REAL" with it, they are where their "Skate" base is. In Fairfax. They promote all their hype brands and SB's in their email. The naivete of you to think they're moving to DC for Skate purposes. Why send out an email w/ fiends laid out w/ Nikes they CLEARLY don't sell if they were catering to that "supposed" core base, the skater?
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

Quote:
Scotch...I wasn't saying that homeless people and bums are the same...there's a big difference...I was refering to the guys that get liquored up and hang out on storefronts "bums"...they may not be homeless...I know the difference for sure...

I am pretty sure you know, but I don't want people who read what you say to be confused.

Quote:
Scott, in all seriousness, you know as well as others, that I don't condone camping.

Don, I already know most of your posts are protected by the red, the black and the green * No Sisseeeeeesssss* But word to Professor X & the Clan nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom