Elite DC is going to be called Palace 5ive

@#%$ there opening tommorow. Jacking up prices on sb's when its not needed, not appologizing to something that has been addressed and is obviously offensive. I think Ill stick with major for clothes, blanks for decks, and every now and then getting trucks and all that from KB.

Quote:
Mistake or no mistake...what if that EMAIL ad.. was a Bill Board ad? Would that "sorry" be enough to avoid the backlash they would get from their potential DC Skater Base?
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

For the record, I've never "camped out" for any product in my life, let alone shoes, but this is in poor taste any way you slice it.

Imagine if the same energy was given in holding DC area leaders accountable for their (in)actions as opposed to channeling it towards a BOUTIQUE store (SHOES and CLOTHES people). Of course nobody wants to look at the bigger picture of why the homeless situation might exist in DC (and probably nobody on here does anything to remedy the problem myself included), people would rather bring up irrelevant topics such as the color of the owner who's setting up business in DC and whether they belong there (of course it's been referred to in less blatant tones but the inference is obvious) so by all means have fun accomplishing nothing. Frankly I was hoping the thread would die but this whole "Up With Hope, Down With Palace 5ive" mantra is ridiculous, the store is opening at noon tomorrow perhaps if people have nothing better to do they can get an explanation in person.
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

If you want to patronize a shop like that, nobody's stopping you.

The whole "there are bigger problems in life" excuse is beyond trite. By that logic, why don't you go log off NikeTalk and quit your job because, at the end of the day, millions of people are dying of violence, disease, and starvation. Everything else is trivial compared to that, right?

Everyone here has devoted some time to sneakers. It's something we care about, to varying degrees. It's not like we sought out this particular shop and said "oh hey, let's go pick on these people." This fell into our laps, but if it's wrong then it's WRONG - doesn't matter who does it or says it.

Some of us do possess a social conscience, and as far as NikeTalk is concerned social responsibility isn't just a cute marketing strategy - it's what we do. 100% of our revenue is donated to charitable causes. One of our staff members actually spent a portion of his adolescence on the street rather than stay in a physically abusive home situation, and we issued a donation to Ettie Lee homes, which provided him with a place to stay and counseling during a very trying and turbulent time in his life. It takes a group of over 20 volunteers to run NikeTalk, and we dedicated a full month's revenue to that particular cause. Sad that it comes to questioning everyone else's credentials considering the only thing we've done "wrong" is to call out this store for what was obviously an offensive ad.

I found this store's ad campaign disgusting and I personally will never shop there unless they issue a public apology and offer a substantial donation to an area homeless shelter. It's not like I'm picketing in the streets, so you can keep that. Personally, I don't think this is the type of business that's worth my support or the support of this community and I'm simply exercising my rights as a consumer. What's so wrong with that?

I don't see any reasonable excuse for the ad in question, all I see is "so they screwed up, why pick on them? It's not a big deal." Public defender status.

im gonna support Elite and Palace 5ive!

i really dont care about that pics... it dont bother me at all!

i do feel some of your points... but that just not me.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

^some people choose to support the Klan, and that's strictly their choice. It's not like they are gonna have anything I want anyways. I spoke to a homie that works at Commonwealth, and he said they cant get Crooks, Stussy, 10 Deep, Acapulco Gold and some other brands cause Cmon has exclusive in DC. From what I see, Cmon and Major will always get more stuff that nobody else has, cause of who they are.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure where the klan reference comes into play but...ok.
As far as the brands you mentioned, Elite carries all 4 (and has for a while) but yet they wouldn't be allowed to carry any of them at the new store in DC? Sorry, not buying that one. Even Up Against the Wall carries the brands you just mentioned.
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

Quote:
As far as the brands you mentioned, Elite carries all 4 (and has for a while) but yet they wouldn't be allowed to carry any of them at the new store in DC? Sorry, not buying that one

THE DREAM TEAM of MD/DC/VA
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't think it would even come to that as Elite was the first to carry those brands in the area.
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

just left palace 5..store layout is hot!

almost copped milkcrate blazers but no sz 13 in stock.
THREAD TOPIC
I know people wanna be fly, but where do we draw the line?
A MEMBER SAID...
"which one is king adrian again?"

I love to see our community taking a role in keeping others in our community responsible for their actions ...

Plain and simple the email was offensive ... I got it and said @#%$ is this bull @#%$ ?

I don't really see the parallel reality of kids camping for kicks and a few downtrodden dudes trying to catch a few mins sleep on the F'ing street ...

I do feel like they need to apologize to the homeless and or 'NA' / 'AA' ...

I don't need an apology becasue the message was not for me ... ya dig?

Alcoholism and Drug addiction are diseases and if the said individuals are homeless that is a condition that they may need help with ...

Either way its nothing to make fun of ...

Especially if you are making a buck from it ... there is this very real thing called Karma folks

I know I have passed up big paper for the sake of my sole ... but that's just me ...

With all of that said do what you must to support your "WANTS" but keep it "REAL" with yourself ...
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

My co-worker calls it "Ward 9"
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

Most heads that skate dc though, arnt from dc nor do they live near dc. The only reason they do to DC is to skate. But yea, I missed the apology dude posted. I might go check it out and talk to them at the spot.

Just got back from there the place looks GREAT, definitely worth your time if you're in the area. Met their Nike rep who showed me a sample of the Marshall Dunk High SBs coming out in '08...with material to resemble what's used for Marshall cabinets they are BANANAS son! You heard it here first :pimp:
pimp.gif
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

"The Badgeman,"

Hope you didn't buy anything.

:wink:
wink.gif

THE DREAM TEAM of MD/DC/VA
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

went to the store and it looks great, much better then anything in the area it flows real nice, as far as the other talk about the first email, its just not needed.... just proof of people looking for something to hate on, and people just being way to sensitive. I hope everyone who complained about it insulting the homeless, volunteers every week at a shelter and hands out food, and gives change to every homeless person they see and treats everyone of them they see on the street with respect and talks to them and keeps them company for at least 5mins. Sure you can defend them in a email, but if you are not doing anything to help them better themselves why bother, do it behind a computer screen but not on the streets.

Only people who should have been insulted were people who camp out, and by all means it wasn't even that harsh, i have camped out, i have taken a bus ride at 4am to new york to go get the lebron ivs chinas and yes people think i'm nuts, i think i'm nuts but its the consequence of the game.

I talk to Greg, anytime i see him, and he is a straight up dude, the fact that he is investing in a store in that spot speaks for itself, and yes i know they are building it up, but he could have choose georgetown, or other areas already develop.

he didn't mean anything bad about it i'm sure, and there is nothing bad about it, so i wouldn't expect an apology those who are waiting cause he wouldn't have sent it out if he thought it would upset people.

If it was stage which it probably was, can't imagine him going through a stocklist of photos looking for that pic, and the photo looks taken in the day, so doubt they were sleeping. then by all means, you should be more upset with the people in the photo for allowing themselves to do it, but if they were cool with it, then maybe you should be too. Maybe those dudes hang out around that block, and cause they been building the store, greg became cool with them.... there are plenty of scenarios that make this okay.

Yes there are greater things in the world to be concerned about, especially since a lot of our news doesn't elighten us on them.

So, i would suggest letting this one go...

maybe some of you got stock options in major and cmonwealth and are afraid of the competition... who knows just thought i'd share my peace of mind

Quote:
Why are you pushing so hard for this?

Because I recently invested in a chain of homeless shelters.

Why do you think?

It's the right thing to do. The ad was offensive and it'll take more than cheap, insincere words to demonstrate contrition. If they want to make things right and prove that they actually do have a conscience, let them do something that would actually have a positive impact on the homelessness situation rather than just play Irish Terry Conklin: "I would like to eradicate the homelessness situation in America as well as the in the United States."

Actions speak louder than words. If you want to sheep there, excuse me, shop there - that's your business. I'm entitled to my opinion as well.

Yeah, you went kinda off the deep end when I just simply asked for your reasoning for pressuring a business into donating their funds to homelessness in order to "save face" with the people. I agree that the picture was a terrible judgement call and was completely out of order. However, I don't believe that donating to an area homeless shelter without actually wanting to do so from the heart isn't the correct way to go about it either.

And as for me "sheeping" there. It probably will never happen since I'm from Chicago. I only came to this thread because I was thinking of taking a trip to this area and just wanted to know where I could find some good spots. Needless to say, this topic was rather intriguing. I'm not here to argue with anyone, I was just wondering why you felt pushing them to donate their funds would be a good supplement to a public apology.
Cool Grey 3's size 12 DS 200 shipped. Email: najeeskywalker2@sbcglobal.net

Back
Top Bottom