Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

1672383632653.gif

NT/The internet has to stop playing with me, man. Bold and extreme doesn’t even begin to describe this strategy. If conditions are so bad that you have to bring in your own toilet paper why even go to the office? He somehow manages to prove himself to be less and less serious every day. Amazing stuff.

Who raised you?
Valid question though, were the janitors cleaning people?

Still remember a dude in the car thread saying that Elon is the only advertising Tesla needs and that he's comfortable parking most of his investment portfolio long term in Tesla.

Exactly he’s feeding into the narratives he’s saying are happening it’s like aight man, no ya I heard you

I always wonder how people who bemoan diversity and support fascists view sci-fi when every sci-fi is anti-fascist and about diversity of cultures. I guess it makes sense they just skew it in their mind to represent their own views.

I always wonder how people who bemoan diversity and support fascists view sci-fi when every sci-fi is anti-fascist and about diversity of cultures. I guess it makes sense they just skew it in their mind to represent their own views.

See any sci-fi series/games/movies released in the past decade or so…people complaining about minority characters and “wokeness” when damn near every single form of that media puts emphasis on finding common ground with alien races for the greater good. Somehow things like a black former Stormtrooper or female main character is out of the question though.

I mean it’s not even a new concept right? White savior trope aside, even old books like Dune are about the main character teaming up with Bedouins/Arabs to defeat the empire, and that book inspired pretty much all modern sci-fi. If it was released today, you’d hear nothing but complaints about how the book is “woke” and has diversity “shoved down my throat”

Last edited:
See any sci-fi series/games/movies released in the past decade or so…people complaining about minority characters and “wokeness” when damn near every single form of that media puts emphasis on finding common ground with alien races for the greater good. Somehow things like a black former Stormtrooper or female main character is out of the question though.

I mean it’s not even a new concept right? White savior trope aside, even old books like Dune are about the main character teaming up with Bedouins/Arabs to defeat the empire, and that book inspired pretty much all modern sci-fi. If it was released today, you’d hear nothing but complaints about how the book is “woke” and has diversity “shoved down my throat”
Yeah damn near every single one for over 100 years. Diverse cultures, anti-fascist regimes, beware the "savior". Everything they are, (at least online) sci-fi is against.

Back
Top Bottom