ELYSIUM -- Matt Damon and the director of District 9 -- Trailer

enh, i'd give it a 3/5 where as i'd give district 9 a 4/5. it was alright. matt damon was decent in this. i work with a lot of south africans so that villain and his crew were what kept me interested
laugh.gif
. hearing the stuff i hear on a daily basis as far as slang and curse words was awesome. it was cool that the director also put the dude from district 9 in this one too. showing that SA love
pimp.gif
I honestly feel asleep through district 9. I need to rewatch it, but I fear that I'll just find it extremely boring.

I found it odd that their plane had the SA flag on it. I just saw it as the director, shouting out south africa.

I honestly feel asleep through district 9. I need to rewatch it, but I fear that I'll just find it extremely boring.
I found it odd that their plane had the SA flag on it. I just saw it as the director, shouting out south africa.

you gotta rewatch it, it's a really good movie. and yeah their whole strike team was South African.

Entertaining movie but I did not like the plot.

Earth is already a dump filled with disease, overpopulation and poverty, so what happens when everyone moves to Elysium?

I didn't get the feeling that people were moving there. The focal point was getting the med bays to the sick on Earth.

The med bays seemed so mass-produced (1 in every home), why didn't they just send them down to Earth anyways to stop them from trying to reach Elysium?

And getting the med bays to Earth, now the overpopluation is really going to kick in and make conditions even worse. Just cause you can cure all disease with one machine doesn't mean you can produce unlimited space and food with the same machine. Those machines are anti-aging, so no one dies, what everyone on Earth is just going to keep getting more and more packed into a dump with no resources?

There were so many questions and issues with the movie that the plot was just best left unquestioned. I preferred District 9 a lot more, even though this movie was more entertaining.

Um, because they probably cost a lot of money? And they're elitist so they don't think the poor and sick deserve them?

Why don't we just give free cars to everyone who needs one but can't afford it? They're mass-produced right?

:smh:

Man, I absolutely loved this film!  Everything from Matt Damon's character being the flawed protagonist to the allegorical undertones to the direction our society is heading into, it was such a fun movie to watch.  For the car enthusiasts, was that a black GTR that Damon and his boy were driving in when they hijacked the plane and were extracting the data from Carlyle's brain?  Blomkamp has become one of my favorite filmakers.  

For me this summer I have to rate my favorites = Star Trek > Fast&Furious > Elysium > WWZ

Man, I absolutely loved this film!  Everything from Matt Damon's character being the flawed protagonist to the allegorical undertones to the direction our society is heading into, it was such a fun movie to watch.  For the car enthusiasts, was that a black GTR that Damon and his boy were driving in when they hijacked the plane and were extracting the data from Carlyle's brain?  Blomkamp has become one of my favorite filmakers.  

For me this summer I have to rate my favorites = Star Trek > Fast&Furious > Elysium > WWZ

Yep, it was definitely a GTR.

When Matt Damon called the girl and told her he was going to have to break his promise, I immediately thought of that scene from Armageddon :lol:

Last edited:
Um, because they probably cost a lot of money? And they're elitist so they don't think the poor and sick deserve them?

Why don't we just give free cars to everyone who needs one but can't afford it? They're mass-produced right?

:smh:

I don't think the cost of them outweighs the costs of having to manage the border control and also the PR control that happens when illegal invaders are killed.

If we had a constant issue where poor people were going crazy and storming manufacturers for cars, you don't think it'd be cheaper to give some of them some cars than to just continue attempting to ward them off at the gates? All the movie showed was Earth people trying to break in so they could use those bays, so if that's the only reason, spending X amount of dollars to give them no reason to risk the dangerous trip to Elysium wouldn't be ridiculous. They're rich and can afford to do that.

Eh, just look at the US and Mexico, and you have your answer.

I'm sure there are some similarities that Blomkamp intended for.

This movie was terrible. Huge disappointment considering this is the same guy that did District 9.

Yeah this was a real stinker.

I wanted to like it even though everyone else didn't, but it just wasn't good.

Back
Top Bottom