Eminem debut at # 1 vol. 650,000

Originally Posted by skips kicks

Does anyone else understand the concept of labels buying back major units the first weeks of a high caliber artist's release to protect his image?

or am I just the only wolf in here?

I really don't think the labels buy back units to protect an artist's image. I don't think that how many records are sold even factors into anartist's image...I think that people today are making too big a deal about it because rappers mention it in songs and stuff. Eminem's image does nottake any kind of hit if he sells 100,000 or 1 million.

YOOOOOOOOOO, complete sidebar but....

OP how u in Cali talkin to girls n Central, PA???????

Jus seen u on Myspace... this chic Kelseys page
laugh.gif

I really don't think the labels buy back units to protect an artist's image. I don't think that how many records are sold even factors into an artist's image...I think that people today are making too big a deal about it because rappers mention it in songs and stuff. Eminem's image does not take any kind of hit if he sells 100,000 or 1 million.

Damn son you contradicting the HELL out of yourself, and its a known fact majors buy back albums, its all about branding self and turning your image to a moneymarketing machine.....

Think about it, how would all of Jay-z's endorsments react if his latest record tanked 10k copies......they would notice he's loosing SELLING POWER and reconsider someone of higher celebrity with the potential to bring THEM more revenue....

[wolf] HOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL [/wolf]

Originally Posted by skips kicks

I really don't think the labels buy back units to protect an artist's image. I don't think that how many records are sold even factors into an artist's image...I think that people today are making too big a deal about it because rappers mention it in songs and stuff. Eminem's image does not take any kind of hit if he sells 100,000 or 1 million.

Damn son you contradicting the HELL out of yourself, and its a known fact majors buy back albums, its all about branding self and turning your image to a money marketing machine.....

Think about it, how would all of Jay-z's endorsments react if his latest record tanked 10k copies......they would notice he's loosing SELLING POWER and reconsider someone of higher celebrity with the potential to bring THEM more revenue....

[wolf] HOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL [/wolf]

yo i agree that labels buy back albums but I just don't think it's to protect images. Labels spend millions of dollars on marketing and advertising andradio promotion, they don't NEED the artist to sell X amount in order to cement them as a power brand. Record companies know who their power artists areand back them with alot of money and promotion. The labels have a very firm grasp on how much a record will sell BEFORE they even start the product cycle.

Well if they invest X amount of dollars and the record doesn't sell X amount of units (and every investment has a projected and expected gross on theirreturn) you wont see a return on your investment and definitly will not profit from it.

If a artist of high caliber tanks, the project is considered a failure, not only for the artist portfolio, but his potential to be a bread earner for hisemployer

and I dont think they have that firm a grasp on how much units sell nowadays, people learn how to download bootlegs everyday.....pretty much an unpredictablemarket right now...HELL look at Jada

You guys are absolutely nuts, if including iTunes, believing that he won't reach a million. that 650k projection is hard copies only, you can double thatdigitally. 1.3 pre-sold digitally WORLDWIDE before the album even dropped.

Em is smashin. IDGAF about record sales, I just want him to put Wayne to sleep with the "million sold first week" BS

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

You guys are absolutely nuts, if including iTunes, believing that he won't reach a million. that 650k projection is hard copies only, you can double that digitally. 1.3 pre-sold digitally WORLDWIDE before the album even dropped.

Em is smashin. IDGAF about record sales, I just want him to put Wayne to sleep with the "million sold first week" BS

laugh.gif
at how delusional stans could be...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

You guys are absolutely nuts, if including iTunes, believing that he won't reach a million. that 650k projection is hard copies only, you can double that digitally. 1.3 pre-sold digitally WORLDWIDE before the album even dropped.

laugh.gif
?

a) eminem outsold wayne in 2 days ...

b) skip kicks, you are trying way too hard to sound smart ... your post was riddled with trash

3) Where are the tour dates?

Originally Posted by Dapper D

laugh.gif
?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the quickstrike. I saw what you put originally.

Are we just supposed to believe you have those connections?
-The Juice

a) eminem outsold wayne in 2 days ...

b) skip kicks, you are trying way too hard to sound smart ... your post was riddled with trash

3) Where are the tour dates?

As its been pointed out, more than once, and indicated in the article from OP, THE PROJECTION INCLUDES iTUNES!

Back
Top Bottom