Eminem debut at # 1 vol. 650,000

Four and a half years after he released his last studio album, Eminem is headed for his fifth straight No. 1 debut next week on the Billboard 200. The artist's "Relapse" (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) could sell as many as 650,000 copies in its first week, based on projections from industry prognosticators.

If it manages more than 600,000, it would easily mark the biggest sales week of the year for any album, and the best since AC/DC's "Black Ice" began with 784,000 copies last October.

The title also leads the Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart that was released on May 20, which reflected unweighted sales through the close of business on Tuesday, May 19. Billboard estimates the seven merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target and Anderson Merchandisers -- comprise about 60% of all U.S. album sales.

When and if "Relapse" debuts at the top next week, it'll give Eminem his fifth overall No. 1. His only album to miss the top spot was his "Slim Shady LP" debut, which bowed and peaked at No. 2 in 1999.

Em's last studio set, 2004's "Encore," arrived with 711,000 after an abbreviated debut week -- it was released four days earlier than scheduled in order to counter leaks. A little over a year later, his greatest hits package "Curtain Call" took the stage with 441,000 in December 2005. Collectively, his five albums have sold 33.3 million in the U.S., making him the biggest selling hip-hop act of the SoundScan era (1991-present).
[table][tr][td] <ILAYER SRC='http://web.checkm8.com/Ads/436409/3..._117_225006_120_4000000193_280_1_282_0_283_0_' WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=250 FRAMEBORDER='no' SCROLLING='no' LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0></ILAYER> [/td] [/tr][/table]
So, aside from "Relapse," what else will debut on the Billboard 200 next week? Method Man and Redman's "Blackout! 2" (Def Jam), Kenny Chesney's "Greatest Hits II" (BNA), Dane Cook's "Isolated Incident" (Comedy Central), Busta Rhymes' "Back On My B.S." (Universal Motown) and Tori Amos' "Abnormally Attracted To Sin" (Universal Republic) all look like they could start in the top 15. Green Day's "21st Century Breakdown" will most likely slide to the runner-up slot in its second chart week.

Nielsen SoundScan's sales tracking week, as reflected in the official Billboard 200 chart, runs from Monday through Sunday of each week. The newest Billboard 200 chart, released today (May 20) -- where Green Day's "21st Century Breakdown" bowed at No. 1 with 215,000 -- reflected the week that ended on Sunday, May 17.

650,000 for an Eminem joint is harsh...
You can't really complain tho, the industry is at an all-time low.

At least he took that #1.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

does this include itunes?

Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target and Anderson Merchandisers --

READ THE THREAD yes it includes itunes
indifferent.gif

Ive always been on the fence about EM.......didnt really like the first album aside from a couple cuts.......loved the Marshall Mathers LP.......didnt reallylike Eminem Show at all.............and i dont really like this album either, he is trying to hard.

Yeah 5 days left, ppl could hear the album & decide not to buy & he sell less than projected. I want to see the response for all the fools saying hewas going to do a million the 1st week. 650,000 is great considering the industry & how much the album sucked. Ppl are going to go from a mill in USA to amill worldwide although they live in the USA

the dude that has an axe murderer for an AVY said that he would 2 mil.. i was like please. He shoulda cameout with throwaway tracks people could listen to fora few months then hit em hard with the studio album. Just so he could build hype and do C3 numbers+ .

^^^DipsetGeneral, that's what I said. He didn't bother doing any mixtapes or guest features, didn't leak any throw aways. NO BUZZ & still wentgold
Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

i was thinkin that whatever his sales were, that it would be a huge drop after the 1st week

I wanted this to do better than C3 but oh well hopefully Relapse 2 and Detox do better than this.

Might have to double cop to support Em.

didnt just come out yesterday? who posts first day sells thats good marketing his on the fence fans will definately go cop now so he goes plat in a week

^ You posting like he put a time frame on it
laugh.gif
. If he in fact did 650 know it won't be long till he reach a mill even if it takes another month.

He will sell a milli...........so his post is stupid, and so are you for screen printing it.........dude didnt even give a timeline.

Back
Top Bottom