**Eminem "Southpaw Soundtrack" July 24th 2015 "Kings Never Die" Out Now

sooo I just DL'd this cd and loaded it up. only a couple songs into it...but it doesnt seem like em makes music anymore. Like even when he was on drugs, it was making legitimate songs. Now it just seems like he just has music playing in the background while he rhymes as many words and phrases as he can at a time. There's no real flow. I'm a huge huge Eminem fan, so I think I have an idea of what I'm saying. His songs used to have themes or stories, now every 'song' is like a 'rap god' sequel. I mean he still has some funny bars and analogies, but still, back in the day, EM had the whole package. I'll keep listening.
For a while I've felt like Em's song structure has been very poor, like he can rap but his ability to piece everything together has just been terrible compared to his earlier music. It's almost like he doesn't know how to write a song. I remember in an interview he said he had re-learn how to rap after the drugs but I don't think he re-learned how to create songs during the process.
Been saying since Recovery that dude just can't write songs anymore. He will always have the ability to flow, but his songs are just *** now. But listening to his freestyles, the cypher, and even on Busta's track, he clearly still has it.

How is saying Em's first 3 albums are classics connected to "throwing the word classic around easily"? :lol:

Em only got 3 certified classics IMO

SSLP
MMLP
The Eminem Show

the rest are good to mediocre albums. i liked Relapse & Recovery for what it was, MMLP2 didn't live up to it's name and Encore was trash aside from a few songs.

I can think of 4 other white rappers off top I rather listen to than present day Eminem. Not saying any of them can rap better, but that I rahter listen to.

He ruins everything he touches too, example

First Slaughterhouse album to 2nd Slaughterhouse album... :smh:

Last edited:
I can think of 4 other white rappers off top I rather listen to than present day Eminem. Not saying any of them can rap better, but that I rahter listen to.

He ruins everything he touches too, example

First Slaughterhouse album to 2nd Slaughterhouse album... :smh:

Em's not gonna be on the 2nd one though, it's gonna have less influence from him this time

His songs used to have themes or stories, now every 'song' is like a 'rap god' sequel.

I don't get this...

MMLP2 -

Bad Guy
So Much Better
Legacy
Stronger Than I Was
Headlights
Evil Twin

All songs with pretty straightforward themes or stories...

we arent on that cd anymore b. shady xv now. every track is a steady stream of bars. his flow is next to none. his about to piece together multiples is still some of the best I've ever heard. With that some, while he sounds cool, he's not giving me ill tracks like he used to. He's giving me stuff, that when I'm in the mood to hear filthy bars, I'll listen. Nothing is really catchy though. Em Show, MM 1, sslp, all had fire tracks thati could vibe to, laugh to, and listen to over and over and over and over again. I'm not saying he fell over, I still love em, I'm just saying he's different. Compare it to kobe. Kobe is still dope as hell, but at this point its not like he's doing things to win, but more so just spazzing every chance he gets so we dont forget that he can. showing that he still has crazy skills, whether he wins or not.

we arent on that cd anymore b. shady xv now. every track is a steady stream of bars. his flow is next to none. his about to piece together multiples is still some of the best I've ever heard. With that some, while he sounds cool, he's not giving me ill tracks like he used to. He's giving me stuff, that when I'm in the mood to hear filthy bars, I'll listen. Nothing is really catchy though. Em Show, MM 1, sslp, all had fire tracks thati could vibe to, laugh to, and listen to over and over and over and over again. I'm not saying he fell over, I still love em, I'm just saying he's different. Compare it to kobe. Kobe is still dope as hell, but at this point its not like he's doing things to win, but more so just spazzing every chance he gets so we dont forget that he can. showing that he still has crazy skills, whether he wins or not.
em just needs to find some better production for himself imo. thats whats killing him because i feel that he pays more attention to his bars and not the entirety of his songs. and while i agree this isn't mmlp 2 and we are on shady xv he just doesn't seem to be working as hard to bring out a more cohesive structure to his songs on this one imo

Sean 
nerd.gif

Phenomenal from Southpaw Soundtrack dropping Midnight on I-Tunes, Soundtrack dropping in July

Santa Monica, CA, May 22, 2015—Shady Records/Interscope Records will release Southpaw (Music from and inspired by the Motion Picture), soundtrack to The Weinstein Company motion picture Southpaw, starring Jake Gyllenhaal. The album- which will feature new songs created for and inspired by the film and more- will be released this July. Shady Records founder Eminem also serves as the album’s executive producer. The DJ Khalil produced first single from the soundtrack, Eminem’s “Phenomenal,” appears in the trailer of the new movie.

The film, directed by Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) and written by Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy, The Shield), is the riveting story of Billy “The Great” Hope, the reigning light heavyweight boxing champion of the world (played by Academy Award nominee Gyllenhaal). Hope seemingly has it all, with an impressive career, a beautiful and loving wife (Rachel McAdams) an adorable daughter (Oona Laurence) and a lavish lifestyle. When tragedy strikes and his lifelong manager and friend (Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson) leaves him behind, Hope hits bottom, and turns to an unlikely savior at a local gym, Tick Willis (Forest Whitaker), a retired fighter and trainer to the city’s toughest amateur boxers. With his future riding on Tick’s guidance and tenacity, Billy enters the hardest battle of his life as he struggles with redemption and to win back the trust of those he loves. The movie will be released nationally on July 24 and also features singer Rita Ora along with boxer Victor Ortiz in the cast.

Said Shady Records President Paul Rosenberg: “We have been involved in developing Southpaw since it’s inception and Eminem has dedicated himself to ensuring that this film captured his passion for the project through his music. We’ve assembled a great soundtrack to accompany what’s sure to be one of the finest boxing films ever.”

http://shadyrecords.com/2015/05/22/shady-records-x-beats-by-dre-x-southpaw-soundtrack-announcement/

50 Cent is also supposed to be featured on the soundtrack as well

His songs used to have themes or stories, now every 'song' is like a 'rap god' sequel. I mean he still has some funny bars and analogies, but still, back in the day, EM had the whole package. I'll keep listening.

I agree. I swear EVERY song he's on now is just another version of Rap God in the sense that he's trying to rap as quick as he can. He no longer really has the "Mockingbird/Stan" flow. Even all his recent guest appearances just has him rapping as quick as he could. That flow is cool here and there but not in damn near every song.

Back
Top Bottom