Employed NTers: Are you actively looking for another job?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I should
but I'm hoping the next big scheme comes before I quit/get fired

my main incentive to staying is the 1st year my healthcare won't allow pre existing conditions, and I really really really really need to take care of this sleep apnea, so I'm just waiting by and hustling on the side
I'll start looking around once I get all that figured out
Just lose weight.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I should

my main incentive to staying is the 1st year my healthcare won't allow pre existing conditions, and I really really really really need to take care of this sleep apnea, so I'm just waiting by and hustling on the side
Just lose weight.
Or urge his senators to vote for Health Care Reform.

I am. I only make $7.75 as weekend security at a hotel. So that means for $7.75/hr I get to play the role of security, maintenance, janitor, housekeeping, and breakfast help
smh.gif
I do so much and get paid so little. Nobody hittin me back tho
ohwell.gif

yea im looking for a new job to in the entertainment industry something that does more then just give me a little experience and a chance to network with industry professional i need money

KnockoutNed wrote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

kinda, I doing stock at Nordstrom right now... it's fun but they are screwing me over with my pay... My grandfather is putting pressure on me to find a better job right away. We both majored in economics, and he was very successful, he was even the president of Pepsi at one point... I do want a better job, but I've just gone through a tough time in my life that I just want to chill right now until I get back from a very important trip next January... but if an opportunity presents it's self before then I would def take it...
What Nordstrom and department you work at?   I'm at 706 BP Shoe Department.  As much as I like my job and it's actually one of the better paying jobs out here in Hawaii, there's really nothing here.

I work at the flagship store at downtown seattle. But my brother and I are doing Kidswear, Infants and Toddlers, At Home, Womens active, kids shoes and Encore right now... everybody on the stock team is leaving so we have tons of more responsibility.... we also do buy online and web orders too
laugh.gif
.... easy job and working with hot women all day, the hours suck though...

i'm not looking for another job, I'm looking for another career....but I can't really do that @ the moment since I work full time and support my family
ohwell.gif

I should

Just lose weight.
its true, but they go hand in hand
always being tired due to sleep apnea makes it kind of hard to work out.
its a vicious cycle
ohwell.gif
, I lost weight last year, and regained it cuz of a relationship I had, she couldnt last long and I had so much energy Id just drive aimlessly, randomly eating with friends at diners
laugh.gif
tired.gif

edit
this guy is an emotional rollercoaster
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i feel like i have outgrown this job....plus i lost $3/hour(well thats my biggest gripe)

Im a Meat Man @ Wal-Mart, I just got hired, but yes looking for a job is hell.

Dont bite off more than you can chew.

That is All.

Nah, I love job. Getting paid 13.00 plus the benefits and everything that the company does.
I got it good.

hell ya i want another job ... dont get me wrong the job is kool and i love everyone i work with ( sorta
laugh.gif
) but being here almost 3 years and no raise or anything like that.... when my one yr came up 4 months later they did a major lay off and that was when the economy was at its lowest so me having a job was a good thing but now business has been picking up and dont nothing to show for im good time to be out !!!!!

I should

Just lose weight.
its true, but they go hand in hand
always being tired due to sleep apnea makes it kind of hard to work out.
its a vicious cycle
ohwell.gif
, I lost weight last year, and regained it cuz of a relationship I had, she couldnt last long and I had so much energy Id just drive aimlessly, randomly eating with friends at diners
laugh.gif
tired.gif

edit
this guy is an emotional rollercoaster
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
stop blamin her, i told you too lose weight too  

^ you like 4,000 lbs

Coulda sworn tht was you with the bluetooth in that .gif.

I said he's right.
edit:
and that edit on the last post about emotional roller coaster was about a whole 'nother thread, Wth!

YES...I'm really trying to get in the government I graduate next fall and I'm not tryna be where I'm at right now

YES!! My job is causing me more stress than need be and I need a job with benefits, can't do this again next year!

i used to...right now i work 12-830..and i have to go into class at 930..i was looking for a second shift job so i could go into class at 11...but i said +%*$ it
laugh.gif

the way i smoke..its too much of a hassle to have to detox and im getting paid pretty good and i pretty much have it made so it'd be stupid for me to quit

Got a low paying p/t now..start a second one next week..gettin it in on the side
smh.gif
plus school

So i'm definitely actively looking for something else..

I'm gonna start looking real soon. Started fine tuning the resume a week or so ago

I like my title, & I like the people I work with, but I'm underpaid

currently working FT in a campus lab. i really enjoyed it initially, but:

1) We're facing closure if our grant renewal doesn't go through
2) Three really hard-working co-workers didnt get their contracts renewed (which doesnt fare well for me cause i'm browsing on NT or Facebook 25% of the time at work, contract ends June)
3) Our boss seems to be purposely antagonizing himself to get people to leave

Currently working on my cover letter/resume to apply for a position at a biotech company that's been in the top 20 of Fortune Magazine's 100 best companies to work for for the past 10 years
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JediMaster23

Im a Meat Man @ Wal-Mart, I just got hired, but yes looking for a job is hell.

Dont bite off more than you can chew.

That is All.

Can't stress that enough, I have 2 (technically 3 jobs) right now and I work 6 days a week and am tired as hell all the time. All for the money though, for now. Just got hired into the marketing department of a decent mid-sized company so I can't really think about finding a new job or career at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom