Employed NTers: Are you actively looking for another job?

balloonoboy

Banned
I don't hate what I do, but I don't see myself doing it for the next six months.

I've applied to graduate school already, so I'm waiting on that.

If that falls through, I want another job, preferably in another state with better hours. I would love to get paid what I make now, if not more.

Anyone else thinking about or actively looking for another job? Not necessarily a second job.

*raises hand*

My job is cool and I make good money but I work for a cut throat job w/o a union and they will terminate you for any BS reason at any time. I don't trust them and I desire something with a lil' more job security (if that even exists this day in age).

I should
but I'm hoping the next big scheme comes before I quit/get fired

my main incentive to staying is the 1st year my healthcare won't allow pre existing conditions, and I really really really really need to take care of this sleep apnea, so I'm just waiting by and hustling on the side
I'll start looking around once I get all that figured out

I'm kinda so-so about my job. I've only been there for a year and 3 months. Good money and lots of opportunities to move up. Reason why I'm not really looking is because I'm planning to go back to school this Fall for my Masters. Right now I'm a hourly employee and hopefully in the next few months I'll be moved up to salary.

yess, and everyone should be looking for bigger and better things
but my job sucks, and so does the pay.
i think noone should get too comfortable doing what they do unless the love it for what it is, and not the for the money

if its about the money tho, then you should be searching for MO MONEY

I am and I havent even started
laugh.gif

kinda, I doing stock at Nordstrom right now... it's fun but they are screwing me over with my pay... My grandfather is putting pressure on me to find a better job right away. We both majored in economics, and he was very successful, he was even the president of Pepsi at one point... I do want a better job, but I've just gone through a tough time in my life that I just want to chill right now until I get back from a very important trip next January... but if an opportunity presents it's self before then I would def take it...

yup, just went on an interview last week, need a raise, this job is just cutting it but there's no progress in or out the office

Unless you're the boss, you have to operate with this in mind;  "One day they love you. The next day they hate you."

Just got my new job at Trumpia Mobile Text, IM, & Email Service and I'm not looking back, hoping to do bigger and better things with this new company!

Nope, there ain't no jobs out here. I even know some laid off auditors and I thought accounting doesn't go through recessions. I work for a not for profit so I'm chillin until this economy gets better but I might start my own thing on the side.

Man... Ive been lookin for about 9 months now. Its difficult.Only jobs im gettin call backs from our jobs that make the same amount im making now. I love my current job, but its not enough money, but is too "easy" to just give up.

My job is really easy and nothing is a negative to me, gotta leave it at the end of summer when I go to college though unfortunately.

Yes I am. They told me when I got hired there was room for advancement, and it still hasn't happened even though I work hard every day. When the chance for them to make the right decision and promote me they dropped the ball, and the person they hired has had good employees quit and is constantly getting bad reports from our customers. Their lost though as soon as I find something new.

I am looking for a job. The job that I have now cuts days sometimes. If there is no campaign going on then they'll just have people leave early or they'll just say that all shifts have been cancelled.

I'm thinking about going back to valet or getting a side hustle because I really need it.

i have one of the worst jobs on earth. I just called out everyone to HR last week because I've had enough, they don't approve OT but basically demand you work it and make it up on lunch breaks. I work so much I'd need to interview on like a Saturday morning, and that ain't happening in the corporate world.

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

kinda, I doing stock at Nordstrom right now... it's fun but they are screwing me over with my pay... My grandfather is putting pressure on me to find a better job right away. We both majored in economics, and he was very successful, he was even the president of Pepsi at one point... I do want a better job, but I've just gone through a tough time in my life that I just want to chill right now until I get back from a very important trip next January... but if an opportunity presents it's self before then I would def take it...
What Nordstrom and department you work at?   I'm at 706 BP Shoe Department.  As much as I like my job and it's actually one of the better paying jobs out here in Hawaii, there's really nothing here.

Back
Top Bottom