EMS QUESTION

I am not sure about inbound. Outbound is okay. I sent a package to the US the other day. Trace says it has cleared US Customs last night and is enroute to the delivery add now.

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

are the inbound EMS packages affected? i got something shipped from the US last week.
love is taking the air less travelled.

Only inbound EMS packages that were already in storage during the fire. Your package should be safe...

Quote:
are the inbound EMS packages affected? i got something shipped from the US last week.
>:
mad.gif

------------

It's so hard to Love when there's so much to Hate.

FS: Crazy 8 samples - Crocs and Camos. Size US 9 for both. Message me.

^
haven't gotten mine yet. im not sure if it was shipped out via EMS or just Priority mail.

Quote:
^ So no word yet on yours? Usually it only takes an average of 3-5 days.

I think mine got sent via priority mail and not express.

Quote:
It might take up to 3 weeks if its priority mail...

serious? it's been about 10 days now, so about a week and a half to go.
------------

^ i remember i bought something from the US and it was sent to me via priority mail.. it took me about a little over a month to receive them..

Yeah registered parcel takes 2-3 weeks plus PhilPost sends out a notice for you to pick-up the package from the nearest post office. They never deliver to your house.

Bad thing about it is when you go there and pick-up your package, they will open it in front of you and charge you tax if they think you're receiving something that has commercial value.

Stupid corrupt @#%$.

On a side note, EMS tracking numbers should start with an E.
Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31FOR SALE: UPDATED JUNE 23, 2007NikeTalk's Rules of ConductWelcome to NikeTalk PhilippinesPhilippines Sneaker Guide

I've received priority mail previously. If I remember correct, it took a little less than a month. Picked it up from the QC post office. They didn't open it though and I didn't have to pay any taxes.

I hope I don't pay for anything for this next one.

Next time, I think I'll insist on using express.
------------

does anybody know how I can get a laptop shipped here and if I would have to pay any taxes? I recently bought a macbook and ipod nano online but it was sent to my us address

Okay

A little EMS update.

I sent 2 boxes to the Philippines last week.

Upon arrival, stupid EMS sent the boxes straight to customs for pick-up instead of delivering them.

When the recipient went to the Pasay office to get the boxes, he was charged 19,000 pesos after the examiner opened the packages and checked every item. They assessed everything valued at $1,500. They were so pissed because the declared value was only $150. :lol:
laugh.gif

Good thing my connect was with him (retired Philpost employee) so he only ended up paying 5,000 pesos.

I'm still heated though. Bunch of hungry @#%$.

If anyone needs help in picking up a package, let me know. My connect can always help you out for a minimal fee (he was given 500 pesos in a sealed envelope). I only suggest this if you can't justify the misdeclared/under declared goods that you'll be receiving. It will also help if you have a receipt (I suggest you scan an original receipt, photoshop the prices, print it out and have it photo copied) to show those greedy bastards. They can't do jack once you show them the receipt even if the prices are ridiculously low.

This is only the second time that an EMS package I sent was forwarded to customs. I guess they're trying to make up for all those lost $$$ when EMS burned down a few weeks ago.

I'm just thankful that the boxes have been released now. Paying an extra $100 is not bad at all especially when the total amount of the items I sent is over $6,000.

:lol:
laugh.gif
Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31FOR SALE: UPDATED JULY 8, 2007NikeTalk's Rules of ConductWelcome to NikeTalk PhilippinesPhilippines Sneaker Guide

just to add i picked up my package at the locat post office today. they opened the box in front of me and looked at the shoes and just asked me to pay 35 pesos. the package was marked as a gift with a value of $75. good thing they didnt ask me to pay for taxes.

that's why johnny air cargo >>>>> all.

took 5 business days for me to get my package, all i had to do was go pick it up at the salcedo village office.

they charge a minimal fee (50 pesos or 150 pesos, i forget) to deliver straight to your door.

Quote:
When the recipient went to the Pasay office to get the boxes, he was charged 19,000 pesos after the examiner opened the packages and checked every item. They assessed everything valued at $1,500. They were so pissed because the declared value was only $150. :lol:
laugh.gif

Good thing my connect was with him (retired Philpost employee) so he only ended up paying 5,000 pesos.

"only" 5k? guess the pur$uit of happine$$ is going well, huh? :lol:
laugh.gif
peace.
pardon me,
i had to
laugh at that.

Quote:
does anybody know how I can get a laptop shipped here and if I would have to pay any taxes? I recently bought a macbook and ipod nano online but it was sent to my us address

I might be able to help you. I have someone who handles shipment of tech stuff for me, he is HK based but I think he offers shipping from the US as well. I will contact him and I will let you know once I get his reply.

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

got my notice yesterday and i picked up the item earlier. just got charged the mandatory 35 pesos.
------------

I got something from Ebay shipped here via EMS. i never received anything Express (only Priority) but I've heard EMS supposedly delivers to your doorstep. That said, I was surprised to get a note today asking me to pick up the package at the Pasay office. Now I'm wondering whether I'll get charged tax or what. it's only a pair of shoes though.
------------

We only have one heart, but there are so many ways of breaking it.

Back
Top Bottom