Encounters With Gas Station People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Driver License a couple months back and my Mom lets me drive her Chevy Equinox on Weekdays as long as I fill it up.

Every once in a while pedestrians will approach me while I'm at the pump. If I have a 10 or a 20 on me, I'll bless them but most of the time all I've got is 50s or 100s and I'm not about to give some random stranger I just met that much money.

One time I gave this dude 3 bucks and he hits me with the "REALLY?" facial expression, like me giving him $3 was more of an insult than giving him nothing |l|l I was thinking of snatching the money back but dude looked angry like he might hit me so I ending up apologizing and gave him a 50.

Another time, I give this lady five bucks and she responds "The Dopeman doesn't take singles, can I please get an actual 5 dollar bill" I was literally speechless, so I decided to give her a Benjamin for her honesty.

I'm living in the Midwest (Omaha), do people in other parts of the country have these type of interactions when getting gas?

When I saw Gas Station people it made me think of the folks who lived in the sewers in Demolition Man

If I have a 10 or a 20 on me, I'll bless them but most of the time all I've got is 50s or 100s and I'm not about to give some random stranger I just met that much money.
good guy cause i don't give anything but singles

I look them dead in their face and say, “no speak English” in a perfect English accent.

I once had a guy think I would give him money for gas because we drove the same car make. He literally walked up and said, “Nice S5, that’s my Q8 over there, my wife lost her purse that had my wallet inside it. Since we both drive the same cars, I figured you’d be able to help me with gas.”

I was going to, but then he told me he was a veteran.....

B13F21D0-FFCF-44D1-A5F8-13D2E35858A3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom