End of an Era...Niketalk is finished

So for everyone crying about losing posts and join dates, it seems they're coming back and updated... So maybe we should let a few days pass before we whine and moan non-stop.

Why are people's post being held in moderation? Surely this will deter some users lost in the chaos...myself included.

Gets some getting use to...but its getting there...only thing thats pissing me off is the little error thing for when pictures are posted...i cant see my smiley faces

Gets some getting use to...but its getting there...only thing thats pissing me off is the little error thing for when pictures are posted...i cant see my smiley faces

Had the same problem, delete your cookies/cache and restart your browser. Worked for me.

Had the same problem, delete your cookies/cache and restart your browser. Worked for me.

I was using Safari and it was down a couple of days.

Then they just popped up.

Happy, because you really need them.

A couple questions though...
How do I edit it so that when I post I don't remain in the same thread viewing my comment?
Is there any way to get rid of the ads on the right hand side of the page?

A couple questions though...
How do I edit it so that when I post I don't remain in the same thread viewing my comment?
Is there any way to get rid of the ads on the right hand side of the page?
I like it better that way, so there is confirmation your post went through, and avoid double and triples

I suppose it does need some getting used to.

it may sound corny, but the people here are what made the site great, not the layout.

i like the new upgrade

as for the lost of post count and join date.

mine got fixed.

followed another member's advice of screen-cap your yuku profile.

and hope it will be fixed once the mods have time?

good luck

I lost my old account from the old site...and I've been here since 01' 
ohwell.gif

Haven't read the entire thread (so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned) but once you play around with your account settings, the site becomes much more tolerable and reminiscent of the old ezboard/Yuku layout.

I have the ISS-like homepage carousel removed, unchecked "remove nested quotes in replies" so I could see everything quoted, checked "view forums in full width", checked "show absolute timestamps in post headers", checked "compact thread list page", unchecked "notify me by email when another user messages me". Those who don't care to see other people's Buy/Sell listings in their sigs can also check "Hide 'My Stuff' in signatures". Make sure you save any changes or else it won't apply. Clear your internet browser's cache/cookies if you can't see the changes right away.

I also changed editor type to Rich Text since that's what we're used to from the old format.

Method Man said in another thread that eventually Huddler will put out different skins for the board and one will be OG with the black/red layout we're used to.
nthat.gif

3 things I would change if I could would be signatures (big downgrade
mean.gif
), having 20-25 posts/threads per page like we've always had on ezboard/Yuku, and removing the stupid "Who's Online" feature on the home page. It's one thing to tell us who is currently browsing the site but do we really need to know what thread each person viewed last? You don't even need to be a member of the site to have access to that feature.
sick.gif
mean.gif
Ultimate creep tool that isn't useful at all.

Last edited:
I honestly love the new site for the most part.. It's not as clean but the functions are way better

Back
Top Bottom