End of the NBA regular season, who would you say are top 5 in the league?

Joined May 14, 2002
Since we're pretty much at the end of the regular season now, who would you guys say are the best 5 players in the league at this point?

Mine are: Bron, Kobe, Durant, Melo, D12

I knew Durant was gonna be good but didn't think he'd make the leap this fast
  Also I woulda said Wade at the beginning of the year but he's just been eh this season

Joined Jan 9, 2007
Bron, Kobe, Durant, Dirk and a tossup between melo and d-12...

I'm having a hard time saying d-12 is top 5 in the league because i dont think when the game is on the line, you can give him the ball and expect 2 points..

he doesnt have a go to move, cant go left or hit FTs....but defensively he's a game changer...

Joined Mar 3, 2006
Bron
Kobe
Durant
Wade
Melo/Dwight

The next five would contain the likes of Paul, Dirk, Duncan, Roy, Deron, Bosh, etc. (I know it's not five, but it's hard to pick IMO).

The top four really shouldn't be debatable. You don't take anyone over Bron, Kobe, or Durant. Melo or Dwight, it depends on what you want, but right now, after this year, I'm leaning towards Dwight, the Magic are damn good.

Joined Nov 11, 2007
Since we're pretty much at the end of the regular season now, who would you guys say are the best 5 players in the league at this point?
If we're only going by this year's regular season, then Bron, Durant, Wade, Dwight, and either Duncan or Dirk.

Joined Jan 27, 2001
Originally Posted by nismotl

Also I woulda said Wade Kobe at the beginning of the year but he's just been eh this season
Fixed.

Originally Posted by JD617

If we're only going by this year's regular season, then Bron, Durant, Wade, Dwight, and either Duncan or Dirk.
Sounds almost right. Where's Melo though?

Bron, Durant, Melo, Wade, Dirk... Dwight, Snake on the outside.

Joined Jul 28, 2008
Originally Posted by nismotl

Also I woulda said Wade at the beginning of the year but he's just been eh this season
Have you been watching basketball lately???
what an ignorant statement, Wade and the Heat have been the hottest team in the league over the past 12 games... if anything it's Kobe who has totally tailed off.
But anyway...

My Top 5- LBJ, KD, Wade, Kobe, Melo

Joined Sep 15, 2002
Bron
Kobe
Wade
Howard
Durant

I think you can make an argument for Melo or Dirk for that 4/5 spot as well. I love Durant, but I have to see him perform in the playoffs before I can put him ahead of Wade and even Dwight. Wade has proven his playoff ability, and Dwight has anchored a top 2-3 team in the league for 2 years in a row now.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now