End of the NBA regular season, who would you say are top 5 in the league?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Do people realize defense is part of the game...Straight disrespecting D12

Interpret this as disrespect if you must, but the truth is that dude is winning DPOYs by default. If this was 1995, he would be lucky to finish 5th in DPOY voting. He may belong among the top 5 in the league, but that's only because his competition is extremely weak.
You might be right, but it's not 1995.  One could argue PG crop now is 1000X better then it was in the 90's.  Do we discredit John Stockton or Payton for the work they put in?

For this past season
lebron-wearing-red-carpet-vii-1.jpg

2. Durant

kevin-durant-mip.jpg

3. Kobe

Kobe-Bryant.jpg

4. Dirk

dnowitzki.jpg

5. Nash
Steve+Nash.jpg

Maybe i'm still stuck in the past on this one but if I have to win 1 game and my life depends on it i'll take Tim Duncan somewhere in my 5 no question.

D-Wade is STILL top 5 for me.

I don't think you can overlook the fact that he led that group to a 47-35 record.

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Wade
Dirk

D12 and Melo gets a look too.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Do people realize defense is part of the game...Straight disrespecting D12
naw, dwight howard just isnt that good.
YEa, being the only player to lead the league in rebound and blocks two years in a row isn't good....your right.

I forgot field goals % as well.

I have a question why is Kobe automatically in every ones top 5

Melo and Dirk= kobe this yr, I know people gonna say he has been injured but so what. I think he getting a automatic top 5 cause of his past rep

Kobe
Lebron
Melo
Wade
Durant

I see some people love Dirk. But all he does is choke in the playoffs every year.

Originally Posted by devv

I know people gonna say he has been injured but so what. I think he getting a automatic top 5 cause of his past rep

10rpugi.gif

Melo and Dirk= kobe this yr, I know people gonna say he has been injured but so what. I think he getting a automatic top 5 cause of his past rep

You gotta remember Kobe had a bunch of clutch shots this year and that counts alot.

Also with Howard his offensive game is average at best. Wade is great but he plays in the weak East and he's not super consistent and Melo is great but its like dudes dont fear him like a Kobe,Lebron,Durant etc, he just been a consistent scorer but he's not on the next level yet.

kinda like how hes always on the all-defensive team every year but to be fair he has had a number of game winners this season

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

You gotta remember Kobe had a bunch of clutch shots this year and that counts alot.

Also with Howard his offensive game is average at best. Wade is great but he plays in the weak East and he's not super consistent and Melo is great but its like dudes dont fear him like a Kobe,Lebron,Durant etc, he just been a consistent scorer but he's not on the next level yet.
I honestly dont see how you can fear Kobe (this year) more than Melo and Dirk. Melo is just as good any scorer as kobe and he is clutch in his own right and Dirk consistently puts up good numbers. You saying teams dont fear Melo like they do Durant then why is Melo constantly getting double teamed. I mean yeah kobe hit a bunch of game winners but Melo and Dirk had a couple this yr as well.

My top 5 this yr

Bron
Wade
Durant
D12
Melo/Kobe/Dirk those three are interchangable to me

James
Wade
Bryant
Durant
Paul

I don't care if Chris Paul was injured. His play at the beginning of the season convinced me enough.

Back
Top Bottom