"Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011," Vol. About time its brought up

On June 23, 2011, a handful of visionary and courageous Members of Congress, led by Rep. Barney Frank, introduced the "Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011," a bill that would treat marijuana the way alcohol is treated under federal law. It would give each state complete freedom to regulate marijuana in the manner it believes is in the best interests of its citizens. If a state wants to make marijuana available to patients, it can. And if it prefers to make marijuana legal for all adults, it can do that, too.

https://secure2.convio.ne...ge=UserAction&id=985

President Jimmy Carter Calls for End to War On Drugs

and the official bill itself.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-2306
[h1][/h1]

it's what dreams are made of but until it happens.. it hasn't happened.
also i think the war on drugs is pretty ineffective/huge waste of resources.

Hope they pass this into law, so I can pass it to my hommies 
glasses.gif

A) religious people wont vote for it
B) people that grow weed, as illegal as it is now, wont want this either

C) it will never pass, and weed smokers that know the real deal behind bills like this, wont vote for it either.

Originally Posted by MECKS

C) it will never pass, and weed smokers that know the real deal behind bills like this, wont vote for it either.
its not a vote for the people tho,

its going through congress

supa vegetto wrote:
it's what dreams are made of but until it happens.. it hasn't happened.
also i think the war on drugs is pretty ineffective/huge waste of resources.

In a nutshell.

I feel now there is more opposition

instead of 1 group ( the anti pot groups)... we now have 2 groups against the legalization... The growers and soccer moms

I feel the money has tainted the vote to legalize (if it comes to that)

Double the opposition.... growers wont help consumer

too much money to loose. And people dont know it costs $5 to grow $1000 worth of weed in less than 4 months smh

the truth is marijuana is a muti-faceted commodity that threatens the current 'establishment' in every way because it would directly effect the value of other influential commodities...thats only the start of it...
..think about how many brothers are locked up...it's modern day slavery...I don't even fill like playing the broken record...because the argument has virtually already been represented. What pisses me off the most is these people profit off of criminalizing  a natural product of the earth and act like its ok. Meanwhile they sell every cancer causing chemical under the sun like its kosher
eek.gif
 what part of logic is that? 

The USA is nothing but a farce, a nation built on complete and blatantly obvious injustice yet somehow idealized 'free' market capitalism and democracy...please and you wonder why other countries laugh when the USA calls them out for human rights.
laugh.gif

As African-Americans it's time for us to truly come to realization our place in this nation which is truly crumbling right now. 

Trust me, it will pass within the next few (3) years. After Obama, we are bound to have a Liberal Republican win. That is if Obama doesn't do things himself  in his second term
pimp.gif

it will always be considered immoral by those within the establishment.

if legalized, bud will more than likely, be highly regulated. people looking to chief will probably face extremely high prices for a very low potency.

Forgive my ignorance (I don't follow weed culture), but wasn't it California that gave the chance for voters to make weed legal? And no one voted. They should make medical weed stations in every state, and just make people get cards.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

Originally Posted by MECKS

its not a vote for the people tho,

its going through congress

Which gives it that much more of a chance at passing. Doubt it though. I just want to grow in peace.

i dont see the goverment being able to tax it and make a lot money off of it. Alcohol can be made but its really not that easy to do. Tobacco doesnt really grow in every climate that well. So both of those are fairly easy to regulate.

Marijuana can be grown in a closet or a bathtub. I dont see how that much can be made for something that can be grown by literally anyone

Originally Posted by runzombierun

Marijuana can be grown in a closet or a bathtub. I dont see how that much can be made for something that can be grown by literally anyone

a lot of people might not have the time to cultivate plants, and more still would just rather buy the finished product

we should invest in stocks for snack companies, flavored drink companies, and cigarette companies. my gut tells me the cigarette companies have the capability of converting their cigarette factories into joints and blunts over night. they didn't spend $300 mil on a research factory for nothing. i think if the tobacco companies felt like selling weed, it would happen. they don't wanna be the bad guys who thought of commercializing it first, they're just waiting for someone in congress to take that hit.

Back
Top Bottom