English Bulldog Owners Check In!!!!

So I've been thinking about getting one lately and was wondering if anyone here had one and could give me some advice on them. I know they snore and havehealth problems and all that, but what kind of dogs are they and would you suggest getting one. Any suggestions on good breeders in NYC would also beappreciated.

qoeftc.jpg

not4lf.jpg

34qtyyd.jpg

I'm gettin one after i buy my house this year. They're pricey, expect to pay 1200 to 2000+ depending on the parents. If the breeder breeds them rightwith healthy parents you dont have to worry too much about their health problems. I found a good breader but i'm in the bay area. There's a lot ofbreeders that are willing to ship but i'd rather see and play with the dog before I buy it. They have good temperments, lazy, so you gotta make themexercise and they chew on everything but I guess most puppies do anyways.

There are definitely people on NT with Bullies... Im planning on getting one at some point but i just dont got the cash for it right now...

VAGixxer has one i think and a few others... keep this post up on the first couple pages and people will see it and come in

Yea the chewing on everything is pretty much expected from any dog. I know they're lazy which is cool bc i live in a small apartment so i won't feeltoo bad leaving it at the house while im at work. Yea im trying to find one in NYC so I can also see it in person and see which one I like the most. I'mlooking to spend no more than $1500 but if I fall in love with a particular one I might drop $2000. Hopefully someone who has one will post in here and give mesome info.

be prepared to put a lot of work into general upkeep. They can't do too much strenuous activity...you have to keep the folds of their muzzle clean to avoidinfections...they eat a lot, shed constantly, and have the most potent smelling farts my nose has ever come in contact with.
They are girl magnets though.
If you want one with papers, expect to drop anywhere between $1000-$5000.

mine
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/thegoat1218/?action=view&current=CIMG0042.jpg

also...the kind youre talking about is the British Bulldog..not English
English Bulldogs look ttally different, and arent recognized under the AKC (they are recognized by other organizations tho)

My dog:
Sleeps for about 15 hours a day
Is the most stubborn animal I have ever came in contact with.
Thinks he is human and will not have anything to do with other animals
They have problems breathing, problems with eyes, and skin infections
With all this said they are very loving, calm, and a joy to have.

Recommended if you don't want an active dog.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

English Bulldogs look ttally different, and arent recognized under the AKC (they are recognized by other organizations tho)

I always thought those were the english ones. When I googled it those were the pics that came up. Your dog is beautiful btw. How hard was it to train him whenyou got him?

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

My dog:
Sleeps for about 15 hours a day
Is the most stubborn animal I have ever came in contact with.
Thinks he is human and will not have anything to do with other animals
They have problems breathing, problems with eyes, and skin infections
With all this said they are very loving, calm, and a joy to have.

Recommended if you don't want an active dog.

They have the same problems associated with pugs which my cuz has, but they are a bit larger in size. Adorable dogs regardless.

i dont think i will ever own any other breed. If you can put up with them being a bit messy (slobber/shedding), loud (snoring), and are ok with owning a dogthat will always want to be by your side, then they are perfect.
great around kids of all ages...very high pain/tolerance threshold (which makes training a bit tricky). Very low maintenance, these dogs are the kings of"chillin"..they basically have two speeds.."asleep" or "full throttle" LOL

Pic of Max - 80lbs @ 8yrs
6e4357dce3fe587121d84076877607d2e8ecacd.jpg

Cute dog, but a lot of work. Always slobbers and always sheds. I would maybe suggest neutering, because mine is not and is super hyper. Which might not bethe best thing when you have a 65lb dog running at you and trying to tackle you at full speed. Love mine though.

KAYLA: She is 2.5 yrs old. has massive amounts of energy. cute as a button.

TYKE: my OG one is 4.5 yrs old, Brindle, massive stance, very docile, doesnt need much excersice

love em both. Tyke has had 2 'cherry eye' surgeries, both are spayed

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

I always thought those were the english ones. When I googled it those were the pics that came up. Your dog is beautiful btw. How hard was it to train him when you got him?

We kinda lucked up on the training part...we own him but he competes in dog shows...professional trainers took care of all that...didnt take longer than 2-3months though. So far he's won best of show 3 times.
He's only 3/3.5

*walks into pet place and sees Huge English Bullpup*

me: Cool! how much?
chick: 4
me:...4?
nerd.gif

Chick: grand
me:
frown.gif

*leaves*

Pure breed premium FTL I just need to save up a bit more and I'll get one though.

Back
Top Bottom