Entrepreneurs... SelfMade. ( help on deciding what skills to learn )

brokeballah

Banned
Hi guys, I have my mind set to become self made and owning several businesses in the near future. 
In your Opinion... what major or courses would help add onto a person's entrepreneurship excluding Business, finance, marketing... 

Any set of skills, one with a business/marketing degree can learn to excel with in the modern world?

Thanks in advanced.

Man, I'm double majoring in international business with an emphasis in language and Japanese. Talking about HARD!!! But it will be worth it
pimp.gif
. I'm not suggesting that exactly but try to make yourself as legit as possible. Try to make yourself very hard to replace.

^ thats a good point
smile.gif
. Thanks man. Read up on this guy Tim Ferriss <--- dood is a super human
smile.gif
He learned like 6 languages fluently and shows you how in his hidden material..

Yeah I should be tri-lingual in the next 5 years (spanish) and it will be on!!!! But yeah man just work hard. Work on your people skills and the way you present yourself, and your character etc
pimp.gif
. Those little details matter

Public speaking and interpersonal communication are the only courses I found applicable in the real world.

Originally Posted by BrokeBallah

What do you plan to do with all of this self development?

Working for any company/business that has an international firm that partners with the Japanese (and when I become fluent in Spanish eventually spanish). <<< Which is about every major company
laugh.gif
. It will still be pretty tough because I will have to market myself for sure, but I have very good communication, character, and adversity skills so I can do it and I'm gonna do it
pimp.gif

^ thats a good point
smile.gif
. Thanks man. Read up on this guy Tim Ferriss <--- dood is a super human
smile.gif
He learned like 6 languages fluently and shows you how in his hidden material..

the 80/20 rule ?

Oh, and they also opened the first Abercrombie & Fitch in Tokyo just barely and plan on opening a few more over the next couple of years. I got recruited by them to work there as a floor manager. For the most part the pay will be pretty good and housing will be payed for so I would just do it for a year or so (while I am looking for jobs with firms here in America) just for the experience. And who knows what kind of people I will meet and what kind of doors might open? That would be a tough challenge but my language skills will fly through the roof!! I dunno that's something I am seriously considering from a well needed experience perspective.

Very surprised that a NTer would mention language because in my current time of being an entrepreneur, that's one of the most important things to focus on. Especially Spanish.

OP, one thing that might help you excel in business that you might not think will- trust. Trust can bring any and every business transaction to happy closure as long as BOTH sides invest in trusting each other. It's not something you can learn in school or trading because no one really emphasises on it; it's kind of an incognito, so to speak. You will learn in time that from your employees to the company that provides the licenses and approval to bear their name; trust is the foundation.

Plenty more skills to discover..the seeking will be the blessing in disguise..
wink.gif

You guys have inspired me to want to learn my parents languages. I'm half korean and half dominican btw. Rosetta stone here i come
smile.gif

You guys have inspired me to want to learn my parents languages. I'm half korean and half dominican btw. Rosetta stone here i come
smile.gif

Do they both speak their native languages?And Rosetts Stone ehh. I suggest try it just so you have some visuals but you HAVE to speak. I suggest talking to your parents and finding people that speak the languages. That is the only way you will learn. And You are Half Korean amd Dominican? I couldn't imagine what your hair looks like
laugh.gif

I think marketing would be the best class to take, but instead of taking marketing in school, I suggest researching expert marketers that are already succeeding and copy what they do.

A lot of the classes today are far behind what really works in the real world.

Originally Posted by cor23ey

I think marketing would be the best class to take, but instead of taking marketing in school, I suggest researching expert marketers that are already succeeding and copy what they do.

A lot of the classes today are far behind what really works in the real world.

THIS, I copy the hell out of people who have already succeeded in the most dramatic fashion

People/Communication skills are the most important IMO. If you want to get yourself and your business out there, you need to know how to handle yourself, mingle with people, become good at speaking, know what the !+%* your talking about when it comes to your business and trying to get its name out there, and just overall becoming a people person. MAKE CONNECTIONS. IT IS CRITICAL.

Back
Top Bottom