Erykah Badu charged over Dallas nude video shoot

How is there no kamikaze video of this online yet? you're slipping Dallas, slipping. And
laugh.gif
at traumatized. Anything that kid does wrong until the day he dies they will credit back to seeing Ms Badu naked.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

How is there no kamikaze video of this online yet? you're slipping Dallas, slipping. And
laugh.gif
at traumatized. Anything that kid does wrong until the day he dies they will credit back to seeing Ms Badu naked.

Exactly what I thought...She shot the video at a historic landmark.  A tourist should've been filming this.

At first I thought everyone in the video was a real extra but then i noticed all those random kids and knew that there couldn't be that many parents okay with a grown woman stripping in front of their child. SMH bad Erykah.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Was there a point to the video besides being controversial?

I'll google it to find her exact quote, but it's about groupthink and how people want so badly to be part of a group they put aside how the truly think and feel, and anybody who does fail to conform gets ostracized from the group for being themselves. The stripping was symbolic of stripping herself of the need to be part of a group at the expense of her own feelings as an inidividual.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

Originally Posted by DR813

I thought they wasn't gonna press any charges because they said no one went to the police and told on her.

there were apparently like a dozen calls to report this. and no one knew it was badu. and as soon as she drops down at the end, she said they just got up and started running and putting clothes on until they were away from everyone.

by the time the cops rode thru, she was already gone. they shot the vid on st patricks day, while 80% of dallas police were monitoring the parade.

effin brilliant.

i wonder what happened with Matt & Kim (who's time square strip inspired badu's video).
The crazy part is only reason the police is tripin is because of the JFK connection. The video was shot over 2 weeks ago and they had to get a permit to shoot the video. So they ( the police) knew who it was.

This +@%@ don't make no sense. How did she get all those ppl to ignore her? Especially when she was in her bra and panties? I thought they were all in on it, children included.

Was the dude who picked up her shirt and hoody who ran after in the beginning just as lost?
laugh.gif

I'll google it to find her exact quote, but it's about groupthink and how people want so badly to be part of a group they put aside how the truly think and feel, and anybody who does fail to conform gets ostracized from the group for being themselves. The stripping was symbolic of stripping herself of the need to be part of a group at the expense of her own feelings as an inidividual.
Wrong. So wrong. It's about her assassinating her true image that has been shaped by the critics in the media. Hence the JFK memorial shooting.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Wrong. So wrong. It's about her assassinating her true image that has been shaped by the critics in the media. Hence the JFK memorial shooting.

Wrong again

she wanted me to fap to it

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

Originally Posted by DR813

I thought they wasn't gonna press any charges because they said no one went to the police and told on her.

there were apparently like a dozen calls to report this. and no one knew it was badu. and as soon as she drops down at the end, she said they just got up and started running and putting clothes on until they were away from everyone.

by the time the cops rode thru, she was already gone. they shot the vid on st patricks day, while 80% of dallas police were monitoring the parade.

effin brilliant.

i wonder what happened with Matt & Kim (who's time square strip inspired badu's video).
They are white...nothing happened to them
laugh.gif

they play it safe. are quick to assassinate what they don't understand. they move in packs, ingesting more and more fear with every act of hate on one another. they feel most comfortable in groups. less guilt to swallow. they are us. this is what we have become. afraid to respect the individual. a single person within her circumstance can move one to change, to love herself, to evolve.

That's definitely not what Erykah said.
laugh.gif

so nakedness traumatizes children???

really?

these are the same parents that have no problem buying and allowing their children to play violent video games and movies...( i have no evidence of this but still)

there is so much more wrong goin on out there that messes people up more than a naked woman...

A lot of y'all are saying she should have played it safe and all that....but don't you see she has been doing that to convey her conscious lyrics and ideas for years but did not garner enough attention as what someone like Lady GaGa was able with so-called "controversial" approach.
I personally think now is a very clever scheme since now she got everybody's attention talking bout her leading single to her new album (which is great btw). It is risky but sometimes in this wacky world we are in, messengers with a real message don't get the properly duely needed attention.... 

Lame how it's censored. Someone HAD to get some shots of her. I would've whipped out my phone with quickness.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Wrong again

she wanted me to fap to it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom