****ESPN covering boxing APPRECIATION ****

This past week has been
pimp.gif

PTI

Sportscenter covering Manny returning to PI

I'm listening to a local radio show discuss boxing and nothing could make me happier.

Thank you, Manny Pacquaio

pimp.gif

Eh.

Double edged sword to me. It's great exposure but half of these dudes have no idea what they're talking about most of the time.

Yeah, but hopefully these casual fans begin to learn the sport and learn to follow fighters other than Manny Pacquaio

either way, it seemed like everyone was talking about last Saturday this week

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Yeah, but hopefully these casual fans begin to learn the sport and learn to follow fighters other than Manny Pacquaio
pimp.gif
This is what I'm trying to do.

If ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about what would you guys recommend for a beginner to start understanding the sport

Originally Posted by jville819

pimp.gif
This is what I'm trying to do.

If ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about what would you guys recommend for a beginner to start understanding the sport

- ESPN.COM Boxing
Dan Rafael's columns blogs and chat wraps
-Ring magazine online

I'll tell you what....as a casual fan before pacquiao.....I am now starting to learn more about boxing, the different boxers, and the intricacies andnuances of the sport.

I've never read Ring Magazine Online

I thought about picking up an actual magazine until I saw it like 7 or 8 dollars

laugh.gif

This past week has been
pimp.gif

PTI

I'm listening to a local radio show discuss boxing and nothing could make me happier.

pimp.gif
hes making us proud...he put the excitement back to boxing

he put the excitement back to boxing

I disagree. Boxing been exciting. and 2007 and 2008 were incredible yrs that had extremely exciting EVENLY MATCHED fights.
If u call PacMan stomping De La Hoya and KO'ing Hatton Exciting then U need to really watch some boxing.

Cotto vs Margarito
Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez (prolly one of the top 10 fights in Boxing history and easily the best fight Ive seen)
Shane Mosely vs Cotto
Kelly Pavlik vs Jermaine Taylor
JMM vs Juan Diaz

just to name a few, were all Far more compelling and exciting

Pacman is that dude. I've never thought a full blooded Filipino would get nationwide recognition. Feels good.

Looking for fights to watch over the last couple of years you need to check these out:

Vasquez/Marquez 1-3
Pavlik/Miranda
Cotto/Judah
Pavlik/Taylor 1
Bika/Codrington
Pac/JMM 2
Adamek/Cunningham
Dawson/Johnson
Casamayor/Katsidis
Froch/Pascal
Gonzalez/Penalosa
Williams/Margarito
Pavlik/Hopkins
Casamayor/Marquez

Just to name a few.

yet none of those fights got half the publicity of Hatton / Pacquaio

its a real shame

honestly, when was the last time we had like 3 or 4 different boxing threads going on S&T?

I'm sure out of all those people talking outta their !!@

someone is going to take the time to appreciate and learn the sport and then actually contribute to the regualr boxing thread

The number of dudes posting in the 2009 thread is much greater than the 2007

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

This past week has been
pimp.gif

PTI

pimp.gif
hes making us proud...he put the excitement back to boxing

How come you guys don't get behind Bobby Pacquaio?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Visit the the Boxingscene.com And def. read Dan Rafael's stuff.

ESPN's coverage is most def. appreciated....for the little they do. We need to see more boxing on regular television.

One of the reason's I love the sport is because there is very few that follow the sport religiously......its almost like a special club.

I'd love to see more of Dan or Teddy on regular Sportscenter

Meanwhile, I'm bored outta my mind about some Nascar stuff

Appreciated
pimp.gif
One of the rare times i see un-biased boxing coverage

Philippine media covering boxing though UN-appreciated
laugh.gif
sick.gif
They still talking crap about Floyd Sr 7 days after the fight
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom