ESPN Insider Request NBA Rumor Central

Darko Milicic is enjoying playing in Minnesota and reiterated Thursday that he could see himself re-signing with the Timberwolves instead of playing in Europe next season.

"I like it here," Milicic told the Star Tribune. "There's nothing they've done to not make me stay here, but you never know. If these guys want me to stay, be on the same page for next year, why not stay here?"

"You never know, it's the NBA," Milicic continued. "You never know what will happen in the summertime, how things can go. Next year? Until I sign it, I can't tell you if I'll be here or not."

Milicic is completing a three-year contract, in which he made $7.5 million this season.

UPDATE: In an article by the Star Tribune, GM David Kahn said that, in acknowledging the inability of Al Jefferson and Kevin Love to co-exist, having a big man with Milicic's ability is essential for the team going forward. "We've learned, even though it doesn't show in wins and losses, how helpful it is to have a 7-footer with Darko's skill set, particularly how he can block shots," Kahn said. "That now is locked. We'll have to have something like that."

Based on that response, it sounds as though Milicic will be returning to Minny next season.

Kevin Love has been starting in Al Jefferson's absence for the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Phil Miller of the Star Tribune writes that the improvements in Love's game during the stretch have been noticeable.

We wrote last month that Love could become the subject of trade chatter this summer, seeing as how he is the T-Wolves' second-best player but is forced to come off the bench because he plays the same position as the team's best player, Jefferson. These next few games could serve as a good opportunity for Love to show what he can do if given the opportunity to play extended minutes. Given how many needs the Timberwolves have on their team, they'd be hard-pressed to say no to a team offering a lucrative trade for Love.

UPDATE: The Star Tribune has an article looking back at the T-Wolves' season, as well as examining its offseason prospects, and GM David Kahn acknowledged that Jefferson and Love cannot co-exist on the court.

"I think we've all learned it doesn't work with them playing heavy minutes together," Kahn said. "We've learned, even though it doesn't show in wins and losses, how helpful it is to have a 7-footer with Darko's skill set, particularly how he can block shots. That now is locked. We'll have to have something like that."

Kahn added that he is not saying one will necessarily be traded, just that they can't play major minutes on the court together at the same time. Seeing as how they have clearly ranked Jefferson ahead of Love by starting him, a Love trade seems inevitable this offseason, as it could potentially help Minnesota fill needs at other areas. Of course, we are applying this logic to a team that selected two point guards back-to-back in last year's draft, so there's a decent chance no move will take place.

Kevin love 16RPG next season if he gets traded and gets major minutes. Kahn throwing away someone who can easily be 20/15 if given minutes.

I'd rather get rid of Jefferson. This should be an exciting offseason for the Wolves, I just hope they don't blow it...Again?

Ya know...I haven't been keeping tabs on Rubio. How's that fool doing?

The likelihood that the Wolves get a top two pick is very high. So that tells me they get Wall or Turner. If they get Wall then Rubio and Sessions go and Flynn is the 6th man. If they get Turner, things will be interesting to see how they handle PG.
I would be very shocked if they can lure a top FA over to Minny, but you never know I guess. They got $$$

laugh.gif
@ rebuilding timberwolves.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The likelihood that the Wolves get a top two pick is very high. So that tells me they get Wall or Turner. If they get Wall then Rubio and Sessions go and Flynn is the 6th man. If they get Turner, things will be interesting to see how they handle PG.
I would be very shocked if they can lure a top FA over to Minny, but you never know I guess. They got $$$
His team won the euro league championship, defensive player of the year, and improved his 3 point shooting, shot 42%.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

His team won the euro league championship, defensive player of the year, and improved his 3 point shooting, shot 42%.
42% from three?

Or FG%?

I wonder what the Wolves have in mind. If they do end up getting Wall, then what was the point in signing Session and drafting two straight PG's in last years draft???

Originally Posted by DubA169

they want to have the first team ever with 5 point guards
And the Knicks are about to be the first ever team to plan out and dedicate 3 full years to getting a particular player and in the end failing to get that player. Both our franchises suck, face it.
Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

why on earth would they trade Love?
They won't. The reporter that wrote this story seriously doesn't have a very good handle on what he's writing about. The dude said "Seeing as how they have clearly ranked Jefferson ahead of Love by starting him, a Love trade seems inevitable this offseason". Well, the T'Wolves don't have Jefferson ranked in front of Love.

First of all, Kahn was rumored to be shopping Jefferson around earlier this season (Jefferson for Granger rumors if anybody remembers) and the reason Love comes off the bench is because does anyone really think that he would be content with coming off the bench? I mean really? No way. He would not be okay with Love swooping in and taking his starting spot with only one full season under his belt. Therefore, we tried playing them together, but that didn't work out because there were defensive liabilties due to the frontcourt being undersized when they were out their together.

Trust this....if one of them gets traded this off-season, it will be Jefferson. That's the majority consensus that all the fans have come to around here, and it seems Kahn has as well due to some of the things he has said and some of the things he had been rumored to have been doing behind the scenes already.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by DubA169

they want to have the first team ever with 5 point guards
And the Knicks are about to be the first ever team to plan out and dedicate 3 full years to getting a particular player and in the end failing to get that player. Both our franchises suck, face it.
yeah because having 30 million dollars before the biggest free season ever after being over the cap for a decade is a bad thing.
laugh.gif

team needed to be gutted even if lebron didn't exist.

Who wants Jefferson and that wack +%@ contract tho? I mean I guess if you trade for another overpaid player(like the rumor granger trade) but you not going to get major talent back for him

^That's why they need to trade him for some picks. Keep that Lottery pick and package Jefferson and their later first round picks to get to lottery picks.
laugh.gif

That would be nuts. Wall and Turner.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

It seems like the Timberwolves have been garbage this entire decade
Yeah it does seem like that but...

0301_large.jpg

9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Uh, the EuroLeague Final 4 hasn't even been played yet, Ricky is shooting around 50% from three and there is no such thing as DPOY in the Spanish League...

Barcelona is 45-4, by the way.

Originally Posted by NIMFH

Uh, the EuroLeague Final 4 hasn't even been played yet, Ricky is shooting around 50% from three and there is no such thing as DPOY in the Spanish League...

Barcelona is 45-4, by the way.

One outta three ain't bad.

LOL @ the other dude makin' up stuff ... uh, yeah, he was champ and DPOY.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom