ESPN nicknames/jokes appreciation

:pimp:

Giancarlo Stantonlikemydaddy. :wow: :rofl:

These dudes are always giving out random/funny nicknames to different players, that one almost made me spit out my water.

When a player strikes out: Hey batter, can I help you? No thanks, Im just lookin. :lol:

Robert Flores has a few gems.

*Batter hits home run*

"Is _____ gonna have to hit a pitch?"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Which originated from

Might just be greatest SC anchor line of all time.

Last edited:
When a latino player would hit a homer...Kenny Mayne w/ the "Hoooo Ruhhhh."

:lol:

-hard 'hittin' mark whitten
-eric 'sleeping with' bienemy (which his wife took offense to and he asked chris berman to stop saying it)
- vlade dadi we likes to party - which was okay the first time stuart scott did it, but its old now
- en fuego - dan patrick --basically anything from the "big show" era of olbermann and patrick on the sunday night sportscenter.

Last edited:
Jake Daylight Come And You Gotta Delhomme

Bernard Innocent Until Proven Gilkey (probably my favorite)

Todd Highway to Helton

Mike You're In Good Hands with Alstott

Scott Supercalifragilisticexpiala Brosius

To name a few of my favorites.

Last edited:

*Batter hits home run*

"Is _____ gonna have to hit a pitch?" :lol: :pimp:

Which originated from

:lol: I saw this live and just about died laughing on the couch. I was trying to explain to everyone in my house how epic the moment was but no one understood.

Another one that made me literally lol, they were showing the highlights of Tyrese Rice (dude from Boston College) 40-pt game vs I think Carolina and SVP goes "40 for the homies!"" :rofl:

A few more......

Curtis My Favorite Martin

David Green Akers

Eric Sleeping With Bieneimy

Jeff Boy George

Dwight Buy One Get One Freeney

Last edited:
I know Bill Walton is not an anchor and I could not find the clip, but he did work for espn:

Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson had just gotten traded to the Philadelphia 76ers and it was ESPN's first year doing NBA games. The game was in Milwaukee and the commentators were John Saunders and Bill Walton.

Glenn Robinson had just taken a wild shot in the lane.

John Saunders - with a shot like that it seems as if Big Dog Robinson is trying to go back his old Milwaukee Days
Bill Walton - with a shot like that it looks like Big Dog Robinson had an Old Milwaukee before the game.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard on ESPN....

I know Bill Walton is not an anchor and I could not find the clip, but he did work for espn:

Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson had just gotten traded to the Philadelphia 76ers and it was ESPN's first year doing NBA games. The game was in Milwaukee and the commentators were John Saunders and Bill Walton.

Glenn Robinson had just taken a wild shot in the lane.

John Saunders - with a shot like that it seems as if Big Dog Robinson is trying to go back his old Milwaukee Days
Bill Walton - with a shot like that it looks like Big Dog Robinson had an Old Milwaukee before the game.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard on ESPN....

:rofl:

Some great ones in this thread

cant forget carlos quentin no you didnt

*Batter hits home run*

"Is _____ gonna have to hit a pitch?"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Which originated from

Robert Flores is my dude.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I appreciate the wrestling references he drops in his highlights from time to time.

Calling a Jose Bautista homerun a Batista Bomb and the Phenomenal AJ Pierzynski.
laugh.gif

One SportsCenter moment I'll never forget though.

SVP was doing a highlight featuring a Jamaican team (can't remember the sport), nothing out the ordinary then out nowhere he literally yells

"BUMBACLOT!"

My brother and I were like
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't find any video of it online unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom