Even Dwight Howard thinks the NBA is overdoing the Kobe and Lebron hype

from his blog:
[h2]IT'S TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!!!![/h2]
I told ya'll the other day that we find it really disrespectful that everybody seems to be pulling for LeBron and Kobe to get to the Finals. Every time I look at TV, it seems like that's all anybody is talking about. It's like nobody is even giving us a shot at winning this series and we've used it as motivation.

We're up 2-to-1 and we have a long way to go vs. the Cavs, but hopefully we can mess up those plans of getting Cleveland and L.A. in the Finals. If the lil' ol' Magic make it, what will they say then?

We really, really think we have the team and the talent to win a championship this year. Nobody out there on ESPN thinks that we can do it, but we think we have everything that it takes right now to bring that 'ship back to O-town.

I'm proud of my guys the way we fought in Game 3 to get that win because nothing at all was easy to come by. They were hacking us all night and I knew it would be up to us to make free throws and keep executing. I missed some FTs early in the game, but I just tried to keep my form true and I started knocking them down.

For so me reason, when I pick out a song and sing it at the free throw line it helps me not think so much about shooting them. I had a dance song in my head all last night, so I had that going on when I was at the line. Hey, whatever works, right? They were playing all kinda krunk music up in Cleveland, and it was helping me take my mind off my form. I gotta come up with some song for Tuesday in Game 4 to keep it rolling.

We've got to get two more wins, but we really think we can win this series. If we move the ball to keep their bigs on the run, defend and rebound, we feel like we can beat anybody. We play like that, we can do it this year. People laughed a couple of years ago when I talked about bringing a championship to Orlando. But if we keep playing the right way, anything is possible now.

Aiiight, ya'll I guess I gotta go watch another one of these LeBron and Kobe commercials on TV. Naw, just kiddin.

- D-12

pimp.gif

1. SVG has really got these guys to buy into the us against the world mentality. Whatever motivation works for them is great I guess.

2. If you were singing a song that helped you knock down your freebies, why not just sing the same song for the next game Dwight?
laugh.gif

3. There's a pecking order in the L homie. Get familiar and stop whining.

4. Dwight's one of my faves, so no hate here.

They're arguably the two best players in the sport. Why wouldn't most NBA fans wanna see their teams face off and them go head-to-head. I rock withDwight, but come on man.

Dwight needs to stay focused on the task at hand and not worry about anything else.

He's right though.

And I'm one of the many that wants to see Lebron/Kobe final but these people are od'ing it......
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

What 'ship would they be "bringing back" to O-town?
The NBA championship obviously, and he probably didn't mean "we're going to win another and bring it back like before" but justto win the title and bring it home to Orlando.

haha, if Dwight can get hyped for free throws on this, then I think anything will get him in the right mentality.

Lovin' every second of this series....keep runnin that pick n' roll boys....and damn it Dwight stay outta foul trouble ------ Magic in 5

Originally Posted by Rafool

He's right though.

And I'm one of the many that wants to see Lebron/Kobe final but these people are od'ing it......
smh.gif
Agreed with both statements above. That said, Dwight's OD'ing with all of this complaining stuff (first about touches and now aboutdisrespect). Just win the damn thing and speak later. I hate it when athletes complain about disrespect. Just win and everything will resolve itself.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Dwight needs to stay focused on the task at hand and not worry about anything else.
If it's something to motivate him, why the hell not? The Magic should be up 3-0. I think DH's focus is in the right place.

he's just mad that Adidas doesn't know how to make marketing campaigns like Nike.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

he's just mad that Adidas doesn't know how to make marketing campaigns like Nike.
Bad logic. It's not that addidas doesn't know what they're doing. It's just that the majority of consumers are nike biased thanksto Air Jordan. Nike::Shoes like Kleenex :: tissue. It's synonmous at this point. Addidas could drop the greatest shoe ever and market it brilliantly and itwouldn't even matter.

dont blame the nba blame Addidas. Whens the last time they made a new commercial for him and damn we can only watch you do the solja boy so many damn timesDwight.

Nikes marketing>>>Addidas marketing.

Any player besides KOBE/LEBRON should feel the same way...

Now if he was rooting for LA vs CAV's then that would be somethng to talk about...

Was ISIAH rooting 4 Magic vs Bird hell no...

he's right.. it's disrespectful to every other player on the nuggets and magic. cause both nike and david stern want kobe/lebron in the finals and thatshows that the other teams are not even worth mentioning

Back
Top Bottom