Ever feel like you can't assert your opinion around women? Vol. sensitivity

Earlier today, I was eating lunch with a female and we were talking about random stuff. Telling each other what we did yesterday and whatever.

Anyways, she tells me that her friends roommate had bags full of clothes she was donating and how she went through them. Here's the convo.

Her: "She had BAGS full. T didn't want us to go through her roommate's bags, but they were being donated to a homeless shelter, so why would it matter? We only took a bags worth anyways."
Me: "It matters because they were being donated to the homeless. Homeless people need those clothes more than you ever would, you have a closet full of stuff you never wear!"
Her: "Yeah, but homeless people don't need those clothes."
Me: "Homeless people need any clothes they can get. Maybe I'm biased because I've worked with homeless youth before, but I think you were in the wrong."
Her: "Yeah, whatever.
eyes.gif
"
Me: "What, you're offended now?"
Her: "I don't know,  maybe I should be since you got so offended."
Me: "I was just stating my opinion, how was I offended."
Her: "IDK, I was just stating MY opinion, so why did you get all offended about what I did?"
Me: "
smh.gif
"

Cliffs:
Girl I know went through some clothes that were being donated to the homeless.
I said that it was wrong because homeless people need the clothes more than her.
She gets butthurt.

So, the discussion:

How often do you find that your female friends are offended by your opinion? What are some good ways to avoid this?

I would have said that clothing donated to thrifts rarely go to the actual homeless (depends on the organization, of course). The funds from the clothing sales go to help the homeless and the thrifts themselves offer job opportunities to those less fortunate and in the place of the clothing I took I would then donate some of my own old clothing. But then again, I would have never gone against my friends wishes to not take stuff in the first place.

And while we're on the topic of clothing, if you have old clothing that isn't in the greatest of shape you can bring it to Gap stores an dyou'll get a 30% coupon towards jeans. They're saying to bring in your old denim, but I heard on the radio that they are taking other items as well. They make insulation for housing out of the old clothing
pimp.gif

this chick in my class gets offended at everything i say that involves women "cry like a little girl"; "nobody watched the WNBA" like its my fault the first has been said for generation and the second is a straight up FACT!

I don't think this has anything to do with her being a woman, I think this has to do with her not wanting to be called out on selfish behavior.

For example, my roommate's girlfriend always says something to the affect of "I hate Michael Vick" anytime they would talk about him.

Prime example of knowing when not to assert my opinion, because I know he's a Vick fan and she's a dog lover so if I go there then it's only gonna go downhill.

so she took her roommate's old clothes like ol girl isnt gonna notice when she wears them?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

so she took her roommate's old clothes like ol girl isnt gonna notice when she wears them?
roll.gif

Yeah. There were three of them in the room.

It wasn't my friend's roommate, it was her friend's roommate. The third girl was like "Shes donating them, right? Well, she won't notice then."

And then they all went ham on a bag of clothes. That's how she told the story, at least.

But, if the women who posted in this thread could give some insight, that'd be wonderful.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

roll.gif

Yeah. There were three of them in the room.

It wasn't my friend's roommate, it was her friend's roommate. The third girl was like "Shes donating them, right? Well, she won't notice then."

And then they all went ham on a bag of clothes. That's how she told the story, at least.

But, if the women who posted in this thread could give some insight, that'd be wonderful.

she knows she was wrong thats why she was offended...

she's wrong and triflin...its one thing for your friend to give you something she never wore or doesn't want but to take clothes from homeless people?

its actually kinda gross...not cuz they are used clothes but the way she went about it makes her look nasty...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by J23S

Women are sensitive. You can't say thing blatantly
Bull, you can say what you want.   Oh INS, but at least I'm my own man.
%%%% this world
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Your saltiness towards the female species is always appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom