Ever think of what you could buy if you sold your Jordan collection?!

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

My collection aint worth anything.
I wear ALL my shoes on rotation so they their only worth is to me.

This would be my answer as well.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I rather not. Its depressing when you think about how much you put into a hobby. I just remember how much I like what I have

true story !

I dont want to think about selling my collection but if that happens, Its going to be for my daughter's college fund.

The funniest thing about this topic is that they aren't worth nearly as much as some of you think.

Only a few will be worth even what you paid for them - most will be considerably less. If you want an investment you would have been better putting the cash under your mattress.

got the down payment for my car by selling off some of the collection
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

The funniest thing about this topic is that they aren't worth nearly as much as some of you think.

Only a few will be worth even what you paid for them - most will be considerably less. If you want an investment you would have been better putting the cash under your mattress.
I have purchased nearly half of my shoes on some type of discount..
If I decided that I wanted to get rid..

I know I could get my chips back..

But I could easily get Range rover sport money if I sold my kicks..

I think about it from time to time..

And I tell myself that I dont need to be buying shoes..

But then I convince myself that its disposable money..

And if I didnt spend it on kicks.. It would be spent/wasted on something else..

Im just glad I have something to show for they money I spent. 
ohwell.gif

you obviously have no heat

my gf asks me this question all day/everyday.......she sometimes adds a twist by asking what i could have bought HER instead of collecting...i respond 'imagine, what better heat the collection could have' if i didnt buy you stuff

I slowly sold my collection in 2010 and bought an engagement ring last year.  I was surprised at how quickly I got to 10k lol.

I don't plan on ever selling my shoes.
I will probably give them to another family member or donate them to the Salvation Army.

I recently sold far less than half of my collection. I didn't spend it all but I bought a $4,300 engagement ring, and new set of Nike Golf Clubs, and more shoes LOL. If I were to sell my entire collection I could buy something real nice or make a a nice down payment for something nice.

the %%%* are you talking about???
roll.gif
roll.gif

1)you dont gain interest/profit in mattress money.. so its not an investment

2) you mean to tell me that some ds ogs or even long ago retros arent worth more than the discounted price i paid for them when i bought them?! 

i bet you thought it sounded intelligent when you typed that

id probly put most of my funds toward that new sexy $%+ NSX!!! ive only been waiting for it since ...forever

I think about it all the time, and I've acted on it, at least partially. I sold off part of my collection to invest in stocks, buy some house stuff (appliances, furniture, etc.), and pay off some of my schooling. It was definitely worth it, and I am beginning to fill up that empty sneaker closet space again. I definitely wouldn't have had as much to spend if I would have left the money in the bank, the shoes were a great investment.

I think about it sometimes....right now especially. My car broke down(I blew out the engine) and I am saving money for a good car. When I look at all my shoes(dominantly jordans) I think damn. I could sale everything right now and get an awesome car today....but I love my kicks, they got sentimental value, and I enjoy the vast variety. I can always get a good new car in about a month of saving, but depending on a ride or bus sucks for the meantime
grin.gif
lol

so some of you guys have $100k + collections? my collection is worth about $10k-$12k, i have been collecting since 2008.

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

the %%%* are you talking about???
roll.gif
roll.gif

1)you dont gain interest/profit in mattress money.. so its not an investment

2) you mean to tell me that some ds ogs or even long ago retros arent worth more than the discounted price i paid for them when i bought them?! 

i bet you thought it sounded intelligent when you typed that

Seriously? That's what you came up with after reading that?

I know you don't get interest on cash - which is why I put that. Clearly you would be better investing your money by putting it into a savings account or something similar - but not by buying sneakers. But, at least putting the money under your mattress means that you get it all back.

You're kidding yourself that all that money you spent is what you would get back - sure you see the occasional rare OG going for decent money - but most of what we have in our closets isn't even worth what you paid for it - even at discount.

You're just delusional if you think that it is a wise investment.

Some people are showing cars and things that they bought with the money - and that's fine. I sold a bunch of my stuff over the summer and bought a decent bike - but I didn't get back what I paid for them. Probably 2/3 if I was lucky and mine were almost all OG Jordans.

I think about it all the time, but the money doesn't feel as good as a brand new pair of rare sneakers in your hands or on your feet, or any sneaker you like for that matter.... Don't get me wrong money is great lol

Back
Top Bottom