Everybody gets one. Nike you did alright. (APPRECIATION POST!???!?)

I voice my complaints. I bash Nike. I sometimes wonder the direction they go in. I shake my head and scoff at certain releases but this post isn't that. We know the reasons why we as buyers, collectors, fans etc complain. But this post is for what Nike Retro has done right. Going through my collection and sorting it out there were a few shoes from recent years that stand out..I'll throw a list out there. I'd like to hear other opinions/lists.

1. Nike Trainer SC II - The recent release prompted me to make this list as well. Props to the NTers who really pushed on this site to make it known it had to be done right. Nike you did alright.
2. Griffey 1 and 2 - I really have no complaints for either of these releases. OG colorways, pretty good quality as well
3. Air Structure Triax 91 - I was taken a bit by surprise on this release. I love, love the OG colorways and this was done right for the first two drops.
4. Zoom Air Flight 96 - When I saw the black/blue pair retro it was a wrap.
5. Air Pippen 1 - Quality on these are legit. Heavy as a brick but comfortable IMO.
6. Air Go LWP - Outlet bound, super comfortable and still extremely light. Well worth the discount price. Timmy and Penny should be proud.
7. Air More Uptempo - NOT LEATHER. FINALLY. +1 for the Olympics dropping regardless HOH.
8. CB 34 - Giant teeth. Sir Charles on the sole. Glad these came back.
9. Air Trainer Max 91 - Grey/Yellow well worth the discount price. The banana toe wasn't as bad and the bluish hue to the nubuck was a win in my book. Comfortable as well.
10. Air Force 180 - My grail of grails. I don't wear these enough. Both Sixers and Olympics. These shoes were supposed to no longer exist, glad they came back even with tweaked 180 units. I'd love to see more 180 Basketball models believe that.

TransAm wrote:
1. Nike Trainer SC II - Should have just dropped the OG's in the beginning and the shape is still a little off, and these have no elastics on the tongue.  @$#.  We were just so happy to get these colors that we didn't care, but that's how it should have been in the first place.
2. Griffey 1 and 2 - Love the Griffey 1 retros, Griffey 2's were horribly and disappointingly uncomfortable.  Was gonna cop like 3 pairs, but just got Freshwaters and I barely wear those. 
3. Air Structure Triax 91 - Enh
4. Zoom Air Flight 96 - Didn't cop but it was nice to see them again.
5. Air Pippen 1 - Not bad
6. Air Go LWP - Didn't cop but good to see them drop.
7. Air More Uptempo - "NOT LEATHER. FINALLY. +1 for the Olympics dropping regardless HOH." This was the biggest slap in the face.  This made me not even cop the black nubuck joints even though I been wanting them.
8. CB 34 - Gotta agree these came out right.
9. Air Trainer Max 91 - Happy to see these again and they looked better than the last retros.  
10. Air Force 180 - These came out pretty well.  Can't complain

I'd like to add the Trainer Huarache to that list.

Nike sportswear been killing it for a while now.

Pana: Once I broke in the Griffey II's it was better. I threw a padded sole in and it was night and day and haven't looked back. The 1's were so much more comfortable you're dead on there. As for the Uptempos yeah that was rough, I would have loved to have both. Would have been nice to have Olympic Uptempos, Flight 96s (still have OGs) and Force 180s in the collection that I could wear.

All this praise is it too early to ask for th Duke Uptempos to be done right too?
laugh.gif

No elastic straps on the tongues of the Trainer SC II QS is a complaint?

Have you SEEN the quality on these things? F an elastic strap, best Nike Sportswear Retro in years.

Originally Posted by TransAm

Pana: Once I broke in the Griffey II's it was better. I threw a padded sole in and it was night and day and haven't looked back. The 1's were so much more comfortable you're dead on there. As for the Uptempos yeah that was rough, I would have loved to have both. Would have been nice to have Olympic Uptempos, Flight 96s (still have OGs) and Force 180s in the collection that I could wear.

All this praise is it too early to ask for th Duke Uptempos to be done right too?
laugh.gif

I wear a 12 or 11.5 in just about all my shoes and I have to leave insoles out just to take away from discomforting pain in forefoot. Which most likely means I just have to go up a size in these. Same went for my motorsport XX3s. 2s have a thinner midsole than 1s

2007 release of the air zoom flight 95...kicking myself I only bought one pair, especially when they were hanging around the $80 mark for so long

Originally Posted by Qujamerican

Extremely satisfied bout the air carnivores
Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Flightposite 1's
definitely these...

all i know is that they(Nike) better be on mf'ing point when the retros for Total Pillars, AM98, Unlimiteds, and Speed Turfs come out
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

Pillars? 
nerd.gif

Off the top of my head... AGM1, AGM2, SC2, Carnivore, just to name a few, have been fantastic.

seems like everyday nike keeps surprising us with the inproving quality.. good job nike keep it up

Back
Top Bottom