Executive Order 9066 - Japanese Internment --- 67 yrs later...

Discussion in 'General' started by dirtylicious, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dirtylicious

dirtylicious Administrator

2. thegoat121886

thegoat121886

[​IMG]

3. 718stylez

718stylez

i wish people really knew the history of our country and the history and struggles of the many people that make it great. not just black white, but asianamericans, native americans, latin americans etc.

we've all paid our dues.

4. nublee

nublee

QFT

5. k2theablam

k2theablam

Good post. Hopefully everyone is able to take a piece of this article to heart, Japanese or not.

6. ericberry14

ericberry14

what dues have white people paid?

7. trueshotaura

trueshotaura Banned

(waits for the republicans to come in)

8. finnns2003

finnns2003

[​IMG] messed up stuff...

9. rellnye

rellnye

Shut the ++$% up [​IMG]. FDR was a Democrat.

10. nnarum

nnarum

The worst part about that whole sitauation was that these were friends and neighbors. Innocent people. [​IMG]

11. ericberry14

ericberry14

you laughin at me or with me?

12. nnarum

nnarum

By your ignorant comment I hope you were referring to the wealthy elite. Money knows no skin color. Every race has had hardships. Some worse than others.

13. 718stylez

718stylez

14. ericberry14

ericberry14

thank you. but i still wana hear how people will claim that white people have paid their dues

please tell me the dues that white people have paid

15. callhimar

callhimar

The American Revolution?

16. ericberry14

ericberry14

you might wanna be a lil bit mroe detailed, because id ont see how that is an example of white people paying their dues

17. ericberry14

ericberry14

the last 2 sentences are perfectly stated. But still could you people be more specific about how white people have paid the same type of dues thatother races have

18. nnarum

nnarum

I can't say that it's a situation like slavery or a concentration camp, but the holocaust involved white Jewish people. I don't thinknearly as many people died as what has been reported, but a lot of people were tortured and killed because they believed in different things, or didn'thave body features as how the Nazis wanted. Just one example since your dying to hear...

And please do not get this topic derailed because of your personal opinions. If you have nothing to bring to the table for the topic at hand, start a newthread.

And one last thing, the constant bickering about who's suffered the most puts situations like the original topic out of focus... How are you supposed tolearn from something if you're not willing to understand. [​IMG]

19. ericberry14

ericberry14

the holocaust didnt happein in the United States big guy. im under the impression that we are specifically referring to the United States whentalking about who paid their dues.

EDIT: did i ever compare who has suffered the most? No i didn't, i simply asked how have white people paid their dues. No comparison has been made in thisthread, you are the one bringing up the issue of comparison

20. kinglouisxiv

kinglouisxiv

Living in the Bay Area has give me a closer understanding of the historical events that shaped the internment of Japanese Americans. I recently sat in on a UCBerkeley seminar discussing the historical significance of Japanese internment in the Bay Area, and the horrific nature and widespread extend of internmentreally hit home. With the revamping of Angel Island (a former military owned island in the SF Bay similar to Ellis Island in NYC), there has been a concertedeffort to inform people about what seems to be an unforgivable part of our past.

Unfurled sign in SF at 13th and Franklin: [​IMG]
    Japanese American family expelled from Hayward, CA (*near my hometown) [​IMG]

21. ericberry14

ericberry14

thank you for that answer. pretty good explanation of how white people have paid some dues in the building of this country.

22. nnarum

nnarum

Then don't say ignorant things of "how have white people paid their dues?"... You didn't specify who and where. You generalizeda race because you are concerned with who was treated the worst. It's not about that. It's about learning to understand and respect each other.Something you have shown that you cannot do due to your personal beliefs and ignorance to understand others.

23. callhimar

callhimar

The majority, if not all, of the leaders of the American Revolution were white. They fought hard for our independence.

Why does everything have to be about "My struggle was harder than yours!" with so many people. Its not a contest.

24. nnarum

nnarum

But why does this even matter? The original topic is about the inhumane treatment of fellow citizens, regardless of ethnic background.

25. ericberry14

ericberry14

you do realize that this topic is about the Japanese Internment in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. why would we be talking about anywhere else? Butonce again please show me where i said ANYTHING about who was treated worse. you can look through every single post i've made in this thread & you wontfind a single instance of me talking about who had it worse.

Also if you look at the post i made right before this, you can see how me & rickybadman got my question answered in an intelligent manner without trying toput down anybody. I asked a question which required a thoughtful answer & he provided that for me. You on the other hand were unable to do that, so we cancease this lil discussion.