External Hard Drive Died; Need Data Recovery Software.

wussup, NT.. what is the best Data Recovery Software for mac? Recently my external died, luckily my External Hard Drive is also packed up on my friends HD.

Why don't they use whatever it is that can recover software so it doesn't crash in the first place?

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

Why don't they use whatever it is that can recover software so it doesn't crash in the first place?

what are you talking bout; and to TheBachellor & socluis90. Mac > PC. PC stole the whole concept of Windows 7 from the MAC OS. I'm a Mac, andwindows 7 copied my idea.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

wussup, NT.. what is the best Data Recovery Software for mac? Recently my external died, luckily my External Hard Drive is also packed up on my friends HD.

Disc express

I've never even touch a Mac, but I know with a PC, even if something is wrong with the hard drive where it won't boot or it continues to give you theBSOD, you can usually dock it (with either an enclosure or a Sata/IDE to USB kit) and retrieve the data. I have to do it a lot on Army computers, very unstableVista Business 32 bit based image with all types of quirks and too many conflicting and often redundant softwares built in it that just crashes at random,

Originally Posted by Rell

is the drive recognized by the computer? if not....u screwed

the disk isn't being recognized by the cpu; it is giving me the option to "Eject" "Retry" or "Initialize" I don't knowwhat to do.

the disk isn't being recognized by the cpu; it is giving me the option to "Eject" "Retry" or "Initialize" I don't know what to do.

If you have a Mac, you can try Disk Warrior to try to repair the drive, or there's a data recovery application called Prosoft Data Rescue.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

the disk isn't being recognized by the cpu; it is giving me the option to "Eject" "Retry" or "Initialize" I don't know what to do.

If you have a Mac, you can try Disk Warrior to try to repair the drive, or there's a data recovery application called Prosoft Data Rescue.

If I could just access my drive once and get something off of it. I could care if it doesn't work after.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

If I could just access my drive once and get something off of it. I could care if it doesn't work after.
Im on a PC and my 2TB external was showing the same symptoms. I assume Mac has it's equivalent to a Device Manager. Go there to see if yourcomp is finding your HD. If it is then "Initialize" it. This will reformat/wipe it. Now your comp should be able to access the drive. Now, Ifound this program called PC Inspector File Recovery. Its a free program that restores lost and deleted files even if they were wiped in a reformat. I ran itbut it said it would take 10000+ mins (like a week) to finish the recovery. I decided to just take the L because my second external has pretty much everythingon it that I originally copied over and that only takes like 7 hours
tired.gif

If your drive is corrupted then there is no way (to my knowledge) to access it. You gotta reformat then hope for the best with some file recovery software. Istill have no idea how mine got corrupted in the first place. I ran a virus scan with the latest definitions before I copied everything over. I even downloadeverything on a separate machine and scan it on there before I copy anything to it. Eh, at least I got the extra space back...

Back
Top Bottom