F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

What a weekend for Lewis :pimp::pimp:

40 pt championship lead on Seb now with 6 races left

Great race from Max as well

Great weekend all set up by that lap yesterday.

40 points but still not comfortable after 2007 :lol:

Need to watch the highlights to see the relative pace to the other cars but sounds like Mercedes has made improvements in managing their tyres and their traction and speed in the slow corners.

That might have offset Ferrari's extra boost.

Still all to play for.

Yes Lewis :pimp:

Bottas pace was very disappointing again. He’s just not good enough. He can’t put pressure on Vettel at all.

Perez is so stupid. Unbelievable. A shame that he gets the cockpit next season instead of Ocon.

Sirotkin was awful too.
And those guys ignoring the blue flags when Lewis was right behind them...

Really not sure what happened to Bottas and the complaining about blue flags was pathetic. I expected him to push up to Vettel especially when Vettel's tires were dead but he did nothing.

Perez :lol: :smh:
Channel 4 commentator Bed Edwards sounded furious at the Sirotkin incident.

Sirotkin provided the entertainment and I think didn't do too bad with the tires and equipment he had.

cfgu9w5xazm11.jpg

The 2018 Ferrari is a different beast though to the other cars they've had in the Hybrid era.

I expect Russia, Mexico and Abu Dhabi to suit the Ferrari more.

Japan and USA should favour Merc.

Not sure about Brazil.

I think there are rules that forbid teams from changing liveries... not sure what the specific wording is.

Well the title and constructors cup seem all but wrapped up after that performance from Merc

I cant blame Toto for his decision today but I do feel for Valteri. Would've loved to have seen him and Lewis really go at each other.

Lewis didn't look all that chuffed to get the victory either understandably although that could also be because of Putins presence

No, it def felt like he wasn't chuffed cuz of the way he won it.

I feel for Val, but at the same time, he knew what the deal was when he re-signed with Merc. Just part of the game.

I wasn't surprised. We all saw this coming from a mile away.
I think it's exaggerated by the face that Bottas has been anonymous for the majority of the season so to have to give up a place when you finally get a chance to win will sting.

Still though, it's a team sport and I fully understand why Merc did what they did.

Even with 50 points, nothing is safe. A DNF and engine penalty could level things up. This is F1 after all.

Lewis' overtake on Seb was sublime :pimp:.

Strange things happening with the Ferrari.
I wonder if the FIA finally caught on to what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom