F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Hope we get a good glimpse into all teams. Didn't see much Mercedes or Ferrari in that trailer

Really enjoying Drive to Survive so far. Episode 3.

I'm enjoying it too. 8 episodes in right now.
I laughed when the first showed Carlos Sainz in his home because it felt like I was watching Narcos for a second :lol:

Pros:
Seeing the political side of F1. Horner vs Cyril was great.
Seeing the emotional side and the pressure.

Cons:
Fake commentary. I spotted some commentary from other races used in certain crashes. With 3 commentators across Sky, C4 and I'm guessing F1TV, they didn't need to do this.
Some staged conversations like Horner in his farm
Lack of Mercedes and Ferrari. (I know this one was out of their control but 16 wins between these 2 teams, one of the biggest fights and they had FOM footage so they could've salvaged something at least)
Random jumps in timeline between races for each story. Works for some parts and not for others IMO.
No context or brief summary of the championship. This would've given a better picture overall. It just has to be brief.

Some of my cons may well be because I'm a fan already. For someone who doesn't watch F1, it might not be a problem and might even get them to want to watch F1 to get answers to the question.
I don't think we're the prime audience for this.

Seeing F1 in 4K HDR though is a thing of beauty.

I plowed thru 10 episodes in a day and a half. Really enjoyed it. Unedited with all the f-bombs and awkward moments. Guenther telling us how he really felt and Cyril vs. Christian were the highlights... plus Danny Ric and his nutsack-song. Guenther shading Roman during the team dinner too... ouch! :lol: Looking back, I'm surprised he's still got a drive for this year. Shame about Ocon though. And you have to feel for Williams. Still got a rough road ahead of them.

You can say that it was a shame Merc and Ferrari didn't participate, but I thought it still turned out ok cuz it allowed the filmmakers to focus on the smaller teams and how they work with smaller budgets and whatnot. TBH, we see enough of Ferrari and Merc during the season, so it was refreshing to see some of the other teams.

I only watched it in 1080p, but the video quality was still stunning.

Yea, it worked out in the end without Merc and Ferrari. It would've been nice to see Kimi and Valterri since their seats are not safe either but it's fine without them.
I hope they get more access next year to more drivers. At one point it felt like the Danny Ric show but I'm guessing they spent more time with him. Ocon too.

I don't see LH being on it though with his hectic schedule. It's a good start and hopefully it brings new people and gets green-lit for season 2.

The release date was also perfect.

That's been their stance since testing. And Ferrari are probably the fastest, but Merc surely is downplaying everything a bit.

It has been their stance but I feel like Mercedes are always cautions and never complacent even when they're ahead so their messaging always sound the same but this time round it seems clear that they're firmly behind even with the spec 2.
Let's see what happens in Oz.

Back
Top Bottom