F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Mercedes on 1,2 and 3 at the end was sweet :pimp:

Vettel :rofl:

Seems like Ferraris reliability issues are still a problem after the test in Barcelona.

Max and Marko must be heated after the SC cost them P3 :lol:

What a race! Action everywhere.

Charles deserved the win. Had the pace over every one. Rising star for sure.
Ferrari fanas must be happy that they got rid of Kimi. I am too.

I'm glad Lewis won. He should've been second but he made the most of his race with the beautiful overtakes on Bottas and Vettel. The speed he took round the outside on Vettel was crazy. :wow:
Still the best racecraft of all the drivers. I wonder how close he would've been to Leclerc without that horrible stint on the softs. Really hard to tell the difference between both cars

Those starts though :smh:
Needs to work on them or it'll be 2016 all over again.

Vettel picking right where he left off in 2018 :lol:
Spinning under pressure. Lewis has Shang Tsunged him :lol:

iu

Bottas did not have his porridge in the morning it seems. Without the safety car he would have been more than 30 seconds behind.

Is Mclaren back. They were threatening to overtake a Red Bull and Norris had a good performance.
Norris said they were lacking in the corners and fast on the straights. I wonder if the gap to Red Bull has shrunk or they just had a difficult race.

Haas :lol:

Have to feel for Renault with the double retirement.

• LEC: Took his first pole, fastest lap and podium of his F1 career.
  • LEC: Became the first Monegasque to record a F1 pole position.
  • LEC: First Monegasque driver to finish on the podium since Louis Chiron in 1950.
  • McLaren: First time since 2017 that both cars made it to Q3.
  • Mercedes: 175th win by a Mercedes powered car, now only one behind Ford Cosworth in all time wins.
  • Mercedes: Took their 45th 1-2 finish.
  • HAM: Has won at least 1 GP in every season he has competed in.
  • HAM: Took his 52nd win of the Turbo Hybrid ERA, the same amount of wins as VET has in his entire F1 career.
  • Renault: First time they took the lead (briefly), of a GP since 2009.
  • Renault: 3 of the 4 Renault powered cars retired from the GP on lap 53. (HUL: Engine, RIC: Power loss, SAI: Gearbox).

Horner wasted no time in taking a shot at Renault. :rolleyes

Also...

Last edited:
Yes! perfect weekend :smokin

Ferraris strategy is always on point. Like a Swiss made watch :tongue::lol:

Very unfortunate for McLaren, but I don’t know why Kvyat got a penalty. It was a normal race incident imo.

Yeah, while Dani ruined our race (both cars?!), I don't blame him cuz the oversteer just snapped and it was also during lap 1 where ish happens. Unlucky but I was surprised they gave him a penalty.

3 1-2's for Mercedes, Lewis leading the championship and 18 points ahead of Seb. I don't remember the last time they got this kind of start.
This plus that double stack just means it be a dominating year for Mercedes, everything is just working. Still though, can't forget the pace deficit at Bahrain and also Baku with that long straight will favour Ferrari.

Leclerc getting that Kimi treatment. He should've been 3rd. All this fumbling now that they have 2 fast drivers now needs to be sorted out with the way Mercedes are going.

Kvyat's reputation preceded him with that penalty :lol:
That was too harsh, not even a 5 sec stop and go, they slapped him straight with the drive through.

Back
Top Bottom