F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I read that if Lewis wins in Russia and at Suzuka, the season is over (50 points) and he will win the title.

I don’t expect that to happen. VB has been good at Russia, he’s won there last year or so. But that was the first few races of the season. Not the tail end.

Ferrari is for sure in attack mode and Mercedes is just on cruise control. Won’t be surprised if a Ferrari front lock out in Russia. Singapore is one my favorites tracks. Maybe because it’s a night race and looks cool.

I remember in 2017, a couple of friends of mine wanted to either go there or Malaysia to watch an F1 race, we decided on Malaysia since it was cheaper (compared to Singapore, which still is relatively expensive) and was the last time they held a race there. Lewis won that one.

I want to check out a race at CoTA tracks but it’s expensive. $500 plus for the weekend tickets? I remember we sat in the grass at Sepang for $12.

I don’t know they if they’ll have another USA street track. I think they wanted to do one in Miami or something. But I don’t have enough money to go there. Might as well save up and go to Monaco. Lol.

Lewis winning the championship in Suzuka would be great but at the least, I hopes he gets pole and wins the race.
With regards to pole positions, this is actually one of Lewis' worst seasons and I think definitely the worst in the hybrid era.
It's been too long since a pole and win :lol:

I know Charles and Ferrari were going slow and controlling the pace... but didn't realize they were going +3-4s off of their normal pace, which is crazy.

I think it's unfair to criticize the teams for their strategy... cuz hindsight is always 20-20 and Monday morning QB and all that, but Merc and Ferrari were both caught off guard by how effective the undercut was. It's easy to say they should have done the undercut, but at the same time, there's always the risk of coming out behind traffic and getting compromised. IIRC, Ferrari only called Seb in early to cover Max... so in a way, they sorta lucked out with that situation. Of course they could have swapped spots, but I guess that's a different story for a different day.

:lol::lol::lol:

It looked like Charles was trying to do what Lewis did last year but it seems that the difference this year was that as soon as Lewis got near the pit window and had to bolt, he did whereas with Charles, I think the tyres were going off quicker which is why even when it was time to bolt, the pace wasn't that good even with them being off the pace so once Vettel put on the hards first, it was game over.

I think if it was a Merc in the lead, I think the undercut may have worked as they thought it was because I think they still have the better tyre management and race pace.

I agree, Lewis doesn’t even have the most poles this season, but I guess that doesn’t matter when you are in first place. But it must feel like hell for him and the team. Lol.

From 2014 until present, Lewis/Rosberg/Bottas and the Mercedes team have been running the hybrid era.

Looks like we're in for another Ferrari battle for pole, guessing Leclerc will take it and the race too.

If it stays dry that is.

Last edited:
Looks like we're in for another Ferrari battle for pole, guessing Leclerc will take it and the race too.

Yeah, if anything Mercedes will be in the 2nd row if they keep this up.

Mercedes knows that it’s just to maximize points for Lewis with the remaining races left this year. We won’t see “hammer time” but more like “place 10th or higher” time. Lol

Vettel has no answer. Here and Singapore you can see him over driving in his final Q3 run and he just has no answer. The team dynamics are going to so good to watch next season. Charles is definitely top dog for the rest of the season.

Lewis' second position today reminds me of his Mclaren days in the Red Bull where he was putting his car in places where they don't belong. Mighty sector 3 in his final run to split the Ferraris again.

Not sure if the medium tyre strategy is the best route. They have had the best race pace recently but their long runs in practice were a bit inconclusive since they were slow and were also trying some new bits.
The tow will be more effective in this race though since the cars won't be as slippy as in Monza and Spa so maybe there's a chance at the start of the race to tow Leclerc but starting on mediums means less grip too so he may need to be watching Vettel behind him down to T2.

Maybe if they can run long and then have the option to switch to softs during a VSC or safety car.

Bottas, 6 tenths down on Hamilton on a track he's usually superior in is strange but not surprising anymore.
He gets beaten once the season goes on and Hamilton gets used to the car.

Happy for Mclaren to be back with Mercedes engines. It won't change the colour unfortunately but still good for them to have a powerful more reliable engine.

Back
Top Bottom