F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

It’s a shame, that Kimi didn’t win a title with McLaren-Mercedes :smh::frown:

I still have no idea, what Fisichella was doing and thinking in the chicane during the last two laps.

I love watching these races since it was before my time. Miss James Allen. Him and Martin Brundle were the best combo IMO.

How did Fisi lose this race :lol:
Was he just slow or did he have a different setup to Alonso

I kept waiting see the rear flap open when Alonso was chasing Schumacher. :lol:

So odd seeing these slow pitstops with no tyre changes and lolipops.
Man, things have really changed

I'm not too bothered about the noise but it's great to hear these engines, especially in the on board cameras.

yeah the tyre situation has changed dramatically.

They even talked about dirty air and the difficulty of following a car. And some people act like it’s never been an issue before :lol:

Man, I was screaming in the pub at the time. It was such a great race.

I think Fisi's tyres were done. Back when they only boxed for fuel! Those were the days. I remembered that McLaren would always overfuel their cars for Q (as they had to start the race with their Q fuel load). So while Ferrari would always Q ahead of them, they had more options during the race. Anyway, Kimi had 7 laps to close a 5s gap... and to pass. Fisi should have won that. Alonso probably could have. I also remember Flavio being so pissed about that loss after that race. Those were the days.

And F that ish. These current cars sound like crap.

EGtI0opXkAA84hu.jpg

EGtI0ooXYAUYzpv.jpg

Disappointing for Mercedes.
great job by Vettel. Well deserved.

thanks to Robert and Kevin for taking my nap time :lol:

Disappointing for Mercedes.
great job by Vettel. Well deserved.

thanks to Robert and Kevin for taking my nap time :lol:

Very disappointing. But at this point, Lewis and Mercedes needs to just collect driver and constructor points and be happy the season is almost over for them.

If this was the middle of season, I’m sure they would worry more but with like 5 races left and the titles are almost engraved with their names on the respective trophy's, just take the points.

Very disappointing. But at this point, Lewis and Mercedes needs to just collect driver and constructor points and be happy the season is almost over for them.

If this was the middle of season, I’m sure they would worry more but with like 5 races left and the titles are almost engraved with their names on the respective trophy's, just take the points.

true, but I’m starting to worry about next year’s car. I’m not sure, if an evolution of the current design with the focus on the maximum downforce will be successful against Ferrari next year.
my fear is, that Mercedes will have to go to something completely new, unless they finally understand, where Ferrari is gaining their power for one lap

This “no penalty” polity is getting out of hand.

Charles and Albon...

I didn’t expect this much action in the first laps :lol:

How is Charles 2nd in driver of the day voting?

Dude crashed into Max. He ended up last bit of course he can overtake all mid-field cars. He’s in a damn Ferrari F1 car. Lol.

I Voted for Bottas, meaninglessly.

The 2nd stop of Lewis was totally unnecessary. He would have won the race.

He probably would have. But I felt the team wanted Bottas to win. Great start and drive. Both had 2 pit stops, right?

Lewis can get 2nd but probably won’t.

Back
Top Bottom