F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

He's good for the sport, and he was super cool on Top Gear. He just better not run away with the title again next year 
laugh.gif
[h3]Boullier sets Kubica deadline[/h3] 'By the end of October I need to have clear confirmation'
"My issue is I cannot miss the opportunity to have Robert back, but at the same time I have to protect the interests of this team," Boullier is quoted by Autosport. "I need to define the best driver line-up, or the best one I can afford

[h3]Button unimpressed by Schumacher[/h3] Brawn hails Hamilton battle as 'vintage Michael'
"I thought he was moving quite a bit with Lewis," the Times quoted him as saying. "I had such a good run on him [Schumacher] and came on him so fast that he couldn't move a lot. It would have been very dangerous. But with Lewis he was moving across to the left and then to the right, which I don't think was all that bright. He always went to the right, then left and back to the right - not exactly what we agree is right. One move. Maybe he has just lost his memory."

According to Monza steward, Derek Daly...
http://twitter.com/#!/DerekDaly500/status/113682785507606528
Schumi should have had penalty for blocking in Monza - we blew it - Agh-

Fascinating... 
nerd.gif

FOLLOW-UP ~ http://thef1times.com/news/display/04456
FIA steward for the Italian Grand Prix, Derek Daly, admits he and the other stewards missed Michael Schumacher's questionable move on Lewis Hamilton, and had they seen it, the German would have been penalised.

Former-F1 driver, Daly, released a statement explaining how and why they missed the incident, adding that they let FIA race director Charlie Whiting down.

“On lap 20, race director Charlie Whiting asked the stewards to look at an incident between Felipe] Massa and [Jarno] Trulli at the second chicane.

“While looking at the slow motion video of this incident, I missed the Schumacher/Hamilton incident that happened at that moment.

“When I looked at it again at home, I believe that Schumacher should have been given a drive-though penalty. He was warned repeatedly and this style of driving is not what you want the future generation of drivers to perfect.

“We as stewards probably let Charlie down with this one," he admitted.

The statement is unusual given that most driver representatives on the stewarding panel refuse to comment on incidents during the race.

Whatever. How could they have not seen it? The whole world saw it.

Anyway, Sam Michael will join McLaren next season. And Luca has gripes.
"The current Formula One is still too dependent on aerodynamics and cutting out testing during the season has put too much emphasis on simulation work," he added. "At the mid-point of the last decade, there was definitely too much testing, but now we have gone in the completely opposite direction."
I agree.

PS3 for me. I don't game on PC and don't own an X-Box. I suppose, if you do enjoy PC-racing, rFactor is the way to go... so I've been told.

Maybe I was spoiled by F1CE on the PS3, but F1 2010 just didn't do it for me. I'll get F1 2011 when it goes on sale, like all multi-platform games do.

As for PC gaming, I've also heard about rFactor, as well as iRacing, netkar pro, live for speed.....tons of games.

I'm leaning on getting it on PC since i can get it a bit cheaper and i just assembled a new rig yesterday.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
I just hope they still support my Driving Force GT.

Man, if your computer can handle it, go for it. According to the forums, your DFGT is officially supported.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Updated OP.
Last year-
I can just about guarantee we won't see this image come Sunday.
You never know... a street-circuit + the possibility of rain?  We're in for a crazy race.

^ you mean Seb.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

This weekend's race is probably the one i dislike the most on the grand prix calendar. I find it bland and soulless. Even the organizers seem to promote the attractions during the weekend more than the race itself.
30t6p3b.gif

Anyway, only a few days before the game is out. I built my rig in anticipation for Battlefield 3, so I hope it's more than enough!
laugh.gif

From last week...

[h3]Irvine slams current state of 'messy' F1[/h3]
Eddie Irvine, former driver for Jordan, Ferrari and Jaguar, has slammed the current state of Formula 1, describing it as a "mess" which "doesn't make sense."

The four-time race winner was in the Monza paddock for the Italian GP and spoke to the BBC after the race, in which he took the time to share his view on KERS and DRS.

"Now you've got the dropping wing, you've got the button to push to make you go faster, so if you can't overtake with all that s**t going on it's like ... I think it's a mess," said the outspoken Northern Irishman.

"You don't know when they're on the limiter, you don't know if they've got the EPS [He means DRS], what is it, the wing drops down, the button push. It's a mess, the formula now is a mess.

"There's just too much f*****g s**t. You see an overtaking manoeuvre and you don't know if they did it with button, they did it with the wing, they did it with all of them, or they actually did something good. And now, everybody overtakes 50 times a race. It's like shooting for minnows, it doesn't make sense."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And here's the actual video...
laugh.gif
Eddie, being Eddie.

Great pics Choy...

Not sure who I would rather see win... Seb or Ferrari... :/

^
laugh.gif
of course. But I'm saying other than them... I despise SFM, but don't want to see RBR clinch it. Hmmm.

McLaren 1-2, while Seb and Nando get locked in their bathrooms would be ideal.

^ I think the "aerial" shots were taken from the hotels. Lots of surrounding skyscrapers!

Back
Top Bottom