F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I turned off the race when that happened. To say I was triggered would be putting it lightly.

I'm starting to have a really hard time enjoying F1 with the inconsistency in applying the rules.

Why have rules if they're only followed SOMETIMES or when it suits the tastes of the race director?

Also the Tsunoda thing was really suspicious and AT's statement afterwards just made them sound more guilty of cheating so that RB could get the win.

Max has a 100 point lead or something... RBR and AT didn't need to risk anything shady. Had they did something shady and were caught, their entire season/championship would have been thrown out and would have been subjected to a very hefty fine... no way they'd risk that. There have been technical articles debunking that conspiracy theory anyway. Furthermore, none of the teams complained or even lodged a protest.

Of course, it doesn't help when they have Sky F1 throwing it out there... that's when F1 Twitter or whatever loses their ish and goes nuts.

I honestly dont see why AT or RBR would need or do that. RBR is far ahead of Merc. They did not need to risk something like that for the season.

Max has a 100 point lead or something... RBR and AT didn't need to risk anything shady. Had they did something shady and were caught, their entire season/championship would have been thrown out and would have been subjected to a very hefty fine... no way they'd risk that. There have been technical articles debunking that conspiracy theory anyway. Furthermore, none of the teams complained or even lodged a protest.

Of course, it doesn't help when they have Sky F1 throwing it out there... that's when F1 Twitter or whatever loses their ish and goes nuts.

I think it was more about having Max win his home race. I don't think it had anything to do with who was in the lead at the time the Tsunoda things happened. Obviously Max already has the WDC pretty much wrapped.

Theres a simple fix to conspiracies being floated- Don't let Red Bull have 2 teams.

I've yet to see a solid explanation as to why they are allowed to have two teams. The fact that they can afford it isn't acceptable nor does it aid the competitive spirit of the grid.

Toto complained about it BTW and had some further comments so its not just fans + Jenson Button that saw that and went "WTF was that? What's going on here?"

We also can't pretend that there isn't precedent for race manipulation- see "Crashgate"

Hmm iono just don’t see it. Even for a home race that would risk their whole season. Also Valtteri would have dnf and max would of got the pit he needed there.

The only way Merc could have pulled the win off was the scenario they were in which was Lewis on Hards and Max on aging mediums.

In regards to them having two teams don’t see an issue. there is no inherent advantage.

Unfortunately, once the race went to a vsc/sc that took away Merc one stop. What I don’t get is how they thought Lew would beat Max is a shootout with different compounds. Once they pitted George, Lew was a sitting duck cause they didn’t have George to hold up Max at that point. Not to mention Lew blew the restart lol.

Yea they were better off swapping both Lewis and George and trying to hold on 2/3. No way the Merc can keep up with the RB regardless.

Hmm iono just don’t see it. Even for a home race that would risk their whole season. Also Valtteri would have dnf and max would of got the pit he needed there.

The only way Merc could have pulled the win off was the scenario they were in which was Lewis on Hards and Max on aging mediums.

In regards to them having two teams don’t see an issue. there is no inherent advantage.
RB having two teams is a huge issue. I just think people have gotten used to it. What other team has the advantage of putting Max in a Torro Rosso, seeing how he performs and then moving him mid season to Red Bull?

That's unfair. Other teams have to risk one of their seats to see how a new young driver will perform or just go based off of FP1 performances which can be extremely misleading.

It really rubs me the wrong way.
Once they pitted George, Lew was a sitting duck cause they didn’t have George to hold up Max at that point.

Speaking of that- once George asked to pit (there was nothing wrong with it, he's a competitor, I get it) to me that was the first sign of the good natured friendly aspect that has existed in the Merc garage this season coming to an end.

I feel like Valteri wouldn't have pitted and volunteered to stay out and hold up max in hopes that Lewis could keep the lead somehow on older tires.

Next season if the car has better pace to compete, Lewis and George are gonna be at each others necks and I can't wait!

Did not realize Bernie was joining the F1 team!
A great new feature on their channel. Fascinating and interesting. I hope they do more.

Porsche wanted more control than RBR was willing to give up. No deal.

Same with what happened to McLaren-Audi. Audi wanted more control, but McLaren said no.

Back
Top Bottom