F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

How does everyone feel about Yuki?

I think he's capable but hasn't been able to string together the consistent performances most would have liked to have seen from him by now. I think what helps him a bit is that Gasly has struggled in this years car as well so maybe the regulation changes are more to blame than Yuki's ability?

Part of me feels like AT only kept him because they don't have anyone in the feeder series who can do better than him at the moment, but if they did, Yuki would be out of a seat.

Yuki has no shot at getting a full time Red Bull seat so Helmut and co just view him as a bit of a placeholder. Or am I missing something here?

On another note, I'm glad to see Latifi go lol

I feel like Yuki helps boost their marketing reach to Asia/Japan and I think Honda may have had some influence on the decision to bring him in.

233647_reaction.gif

If true, that just makes last years championship even more muddled. Consequences might be into this year as well.

233647_reaction.gif

If true, that just makes last years championship even more muddled. Consequences might be into this year as well.

Toto suggests that Red Bull's overspending impact not only '21 but also '22 and '23

I'd like to see Max disqualified if this is true. Only real solution. Can't allow the integrity of the sport to be further compromised.

A formal apology to Lewis is also in order if true. Seeing Max, Christian, Adrian and Helmut humbled and without recourse will be a beautiful sight to behold!

We will find out next Wednesday, apparently. I fully expect the FIA to not do a damn thing about it if true. If anything, they will just deduct point from the WCC not the WDC even though technically Max would be driving an illegal car. If true of course.

We will find out next Wednesday, apparently. I fully expect the FIA to not do a damn thing about it if true. If anything, they will just deduct point from the WCC not the WDC even though technically Max would be driving an illegal car. If true of course.

Right and to your point the seeming lack of desire by the FIA to make wrongs right doesn't make sense to me. Isn't the most important thing to maintain the integrity of the sport? Otherwise what are we watching? What are the teams competing for?

There was absolutely no effort to clean up the Massi scandal. They were just kind of like "He failed to apply the safety car rules correctly but so what? We're moving on."

I feel like at some point Liberty Media has to protect their investment and find a way to introduce a mechanism to directly address issues of integrity in the sport.

It's been a rainy day in Singapore, forecast says its gonna clear up during the qualifying period which would be best for any entertainment value.

Slightly off topic but I went on a trip to Europe over the past few weeks. Ran into Leclerc in Monaco about 10 minutes after walking out of the train station there :lol: then saw his 2018 Alfa and 2019 Ferrari in the royal collection.

PXL_20220921_115629658.PORTRAIT.jpg

Also had to stop in at the Ferrari store in Milan this week.

PXL_20220928_170157615.jpg

lolz at Max crying about pulling out of the last lap. I don't think it'll make much difference. He'll prob end up winning the race anyway.

Welp... I know Daniel didn't have the latest spec, but the struggle is so painful. 😩
Good recovery by Lando, but need to get past Alonso!

Damn, Max was on a flyer... would have been P1, if not P2. Up 9/10ths after S2. 😮
Sounded like it really was a fuel issue. Totally feeling his frustration. He had it.

Funny enough the forecast was rain the whole day but it was surprisingly sunny and clear in the afternoon, only for it to really pour now when the race is about to start.

Back
Top Bottom