F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Those people are damn lucky. Can't wait for qualifying. I guess I'll watch City/ Everton in the meantime.

^ Those lucky folks are professional photogs. Getty Images.

Lewis doesn't have it today. Alonso is Vettel's biggest threat.

Qualifying results-

[h3]Singapore Grand Prix[/h3]Qualifying Last updated: 24 Sep 2011 16:10 UK [table][tr][th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]Driver[/th] [th=""]Qualifying Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]S Vettel[/td] [td]1:44.381[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Australia
[/td] [td]M Webber[/td] [td]1:44.732[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]J Button[/td] [td]1:44.804[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]L Hamilton[/td] [td]1:44.809[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Spain
[/td] [td]F Alonso[/td] [td]1:44.874[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Brazil
[/td] [td]F Massa[/td] [td]1:45.800[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]N Rosberg[/td] [td]1:46.013[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]M Schumacher[/td] [td]No time[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]A Sutil[/td] [td]No time[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]P Di Resta[/td] [td]No time[/td][/tr][/table]
Red Bull domination knows no bounds.

30t6p3b.gif

4/10th's ahead of Webber too.
30t6p3b.gif

Massa looked so out of it too.

Then there were those who decided to sit-out Q3 to save tires. Time to bring back quali-tires!

An eventful race, but for all the wrong reasons. The field must be reset after the safety car deployment. Who knows where Jenson would have ended up if not the eight (!) second gap Vettel made because of the lapped traffic. Michael's crash was spectacular, but I suspect that Perez lifted on purpose. And Hamilton and Massa get into it, again.
McLaren's Hamilton was penalised after turning into Massa when fighting over seventh, breaking part of his front wing and puncturing Massa's rear tyre.

After the race, Massa tapped Hamilton on the shoulder to which the Brit responded: "Do not touch me again."

The Ferrari driver told BBC Sport: "My thoughts are that, again, he cannot use his mind - even in qualifying."

The Brazilian added: "He has done it to me so many times this year.

"Again, he could've caused a big accident. He's paying for it and he doesn't understand that.

"It's important the FIA study this and penalise him every time.

We need video of this post race incident.

http://twitter.com/#!/willbuxton
willbuxton Will Buxton

As a final thought on HAM/MAS. Watched it back 5-6 times. MAS lost his cool & manhandled HAM, HAM walked away. Make of that what you will.
1 hour ago
Massa post race interview.

Race results-
[h3]Singapore Grand Prix[/h3]RaceLast updated: 25 Sep 2011 15:42 UK [table][tr][th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]Driver[/th] [th=""]Race Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]S Vettel[/td] [td]1:59:06.757[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]J Button[/td] [td]1:59:08.494[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Australia
[/td] [td]M Webber[/td] [td]1:59:36.036[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Spain
[/td] [td]F Alonso[/td] [td]2:00:02.206[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]L Hamilton[/td] [td]2:00:14.523[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]P Di Resta[/td] [td]2:00:57.824[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]N Rosberg[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]A Sutil[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Brazil
[/td] [td]F Massa[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Mexico
[/td] [td]S Perez[/td] [td]lapped[/td][/tr][/table]
[h3]FIA Formula 1 drivers' world championship[/h3]Last updated: Sunday, 25 September 2011 15:42 UK [table][tr][th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Driver[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Points[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sebastian Vettel[/td] [td]Ger[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]309[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Jenson Button[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]185[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Fernando Alonso[/td] [td]Spa[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]184[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Mark Webber[/td] [td]Aus[/td] [td]Red Bull-Renault[/td] [td]182[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Lewis Hamilton[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]McLaren-Mercedes[/td] [td]168[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Felipe Massa[/td] [td]Brz[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [td]84[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Nico Rosberg[/td] [td]Ger[/td] [td]Mercedes GP[/td] [td]62[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Michael Schumacher[/td] [td]Ger[/td] [td]Mercedes GP[/td] [td]52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Vitaly Petrov[/td] [td]Rus[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [td]34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Nick Heidfeld[/td][/tr][/table]
_55576141_55576140.jpg

Overblown by the media... again.

Ridiculous how fast Seb was. Jens couldn't even get near... plus that SC was ridiculous too. They really need to get rid of backmarkers spacing-out front-runners during an SC. And here I was expecting an exciting sprint-race finish, but with 3 backmarkers, Seb had a 6+ sec. gap on Jens after 1 lap!

Then there's Lewis
30t6p3b.gif
Disappointing as it was his fault, no doubt, but his fight-back was great. If only...

I understand Massa's frustration, but the guy is so bitter. I don't doubt that he still feels Lew robbed him of his '08 WDC. Both guys were stuck in the back of the pack, but Lew made-up ground while Massa didn't... says a lot there.

I agree. Lewis had I think 6 pit stops, plus he ran out of super soft tires, and he still marched through the field...while Massa was getting lapped. He just hasn't been the same since the incident at Hungary. I just think he's a little on edge; his contract is almost up, and Alonso is on a mission to embarrass him every race.

Lewis needs to calm down. With pure patience and safe driving, Jenson is really working his car.

I don't think Lewis was overly aggressive today. He just braked a bit too late, turned in too early and made a mistake. It's not like he was making desperate lunges on the inside and took someone out. If anything, Nico's late-dive on the inside of Perez at T1 was probably more aggressive. He ended up pushing Perez off, but there was not penalty (there shouldn't have been one anyway). The only difference was that there wasn't any damage done.

I really don't get why the Safety Car didn't allow lapped cars to overtake.
30t6p3b.gif
All but handed Seb the win.
indifferent.gif

Great final charge from Jenson, but backmarkers were in the way. Really impressed by Lewis charging through the field as well, but he clearly should've left Felipe room. His fault.

Sergio Perez lifted... can't believe they investigated the Rosberg-Perez incident, but not the Schumacher-Perez one.

Sadly, Felipe is gone by the end of this season. I wonder who will replace him?
nerd.gif

Suzuka's up next... always a great circuit. Hope it rains.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

They did investigate the Schumi-Perez incident, didn't they? They reprimanded Schumi, meaning it was his fault. Sergio prob. didn't lift, or else they would have had the telemetry to prove it.

I think Felipe still has a 1-year contract at Ferrari for 2012. After that, who knows. Sergio, if he has a good 2012, would make sense.
EDIT ~ http://thef1times.com/news/display/04565

Tried F1 2011 a few minutes ago on my PC. The rig handles the game pretty well.
smokin.gif

I feel that they took a step back with the rainfall animation, but not the wet weather effects (Even coming from the PS3 at 720p... Maybe it's the Anti-aliasing?)

Could've tried out the game more, but the power just went out at our house. Typhoon just arrived in the country.
ohwell.gif

Yeah, just saw a tracking-map of Typhoon NESAT! It's on the Philippines right now!
eek.gif

Stay safe...

Thanks guys. I guess the typhoon died down a little bit... power's back on. Internet's still a little bad, but the connection still works.

Back to testing the game on PC.
laugh.gif

Playing this game using a keyboard and mouse is terrible. Good thing I 'm able to use my DFGT in the game with ease --still plug-and-play somewhat.
pimp.gif

The car handling this game feels a bit better compared to F1 2010, with the DFGT feeling a bit more stiff and solid.

DRS is a bit tricky to use... your rear end will slip out should you engage it too early --like it does in real life. Still have yet to use DRS in a race situation, but it does work during Practice and Qualifying like it should. 

KERS is somewhat effective as well. It helps, but not too overpowering. 

The safety car period is dope. I definitely see it really affecting the race strategy.
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Graphics could be better, but it will do. Running this game around 85fps on Ultra using a stock NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti (everything turned up on high/ultra, AA16x, and Vsync turned off).

The new Indian Grand Prix track has this weird flow... It's like a Shanghai Circuit x Sepang Circuit combo. Might take several laps to grow on me (like Bahrain or Shanghai or Yeongnam). But it's definitely a Tilkedrome.
sick.gif
I rate it slightly above the Marina Bay Street Circuit as one of my least favorite tracks on the Grand Prix calendar (I think that is a good thing.
laugh.gif
).

I'm feeling the game's overall a worthy upgrade so far. Not entirely a new experience, but it definitely builds upon the previous game.

I haven't even done a race yet. Just been practicing, getting my lines and braking-points right. Trying not to use the virtual lines. Yeah, I don't dare engage the DRS in the middle of high-speed turns... guaranteed to spin-out! I learned the hard way!

Typhoon NESAT approaching us now...

^ I just hopped in to see how it was... deliberately crashing into Seb to get the Safety Car out.
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Yup, weather improved here. Stay safe up there.

^ Haha, I have quite strict program for myself... only time-trials. I do about 10-or-so laps around each circuit just to get a feel for the lines and braking points, starting at Melbourne. There are some tracks from F1 2010 that I didn't even race a lot so I'm basically starting from scratch on some tracks.

Damn this rain! I was gonna unDS my SC2's!!!

I'm starved for F1, so here's some news, I guess.

[h3]Costa and Willis join Mercedes[/h3]
Ex-technical directors from Ferrari and HRT will join Mercedes later this year in order to bolster the team's technical staff.

Aldo Costa, who parted ways with Ferrari earlier this year, and Geoff Willis, who has been working at HRT since 2010, will join the team led by Ross Brawn to work under technical director Bob Bell. Costa, who will join at the start of December as Mercedes' engineering director, has worked with Brawn before during Ferrari's multiple-championship winning years in the early 2000s and Willis, who will join on October 17 as technology director, worked at the Brackley-based team when it was under running under the BAR name.

[h3]Massa told to 'destroy' Hamilton[/h3] Ferrari team radio casts new light on Singapore collision
The simmering row between Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa following the Singapore Grand Prix continues to rumble on with revelations in the weekend papers that shortly before the pair collided Massa was told by his team to "destroy" Hamilton's race.

The 12th-lap accident soon after, when Hamilton hit the back of the Ferrari, left Massa with a right-rear puncture and Hamilton with a broken front wing - he also was hit with a drive-through penalty.

Speaking over the radio, Massa's race engineer Rob Smedley told him: "Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on boy." This appeared to be an instruction to make it as hard as possible for Hamilton to pass.

The recording of the exchange casts a different light on events, especially Massa's post-race comments when he accused Hamilton of potentially causing "a big accident".

WOW
tired.gif
Absolutely pathetic. This is disgraceful.

^ No, that was taken way out of context. Rob told Massa to destroy his race... basically to not let him pass... it was just to motivate Massa, not do anything malicious. I definitely don't think there was any malicious-intent. The press are really reachin here... they've ran out of stuff to write. It's getting ridiculous. I'm by no means a fan of SFM or Massa, but they did nothing wrong here.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ No, that was taken way out of context. Rob told Massa to destroy his race... basically to not let him pass... it was just to motivate Massa, not do anything malicious. I definitely don't think there was any malicious-intent. The press are really reachin here... they've ran out of stuff to write. It's getting ridiculous. I'm by no means a fan of SFM or Massa, but they did nothing wrong here.

Yep..

that headline is some bull %%#%
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom