F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I think it could be Ferrari 1-2 weekend for the first time this year. We will see after the first lap. Definitely not the track for Mercedes, I think others have not made a gain but the way the set up and the engine for Mercedes is not the best for flat out speed.

I didn’t see the crash yet and I don’t want to see it. But R.I.P!

Yeah, I'm sure you can find it on Twitter if you really wanted to see it. I won't post.

But yeah, leave it up to Ferrari to find a way to screw it up.

Really sad to see.
We take it for granted how safe the sport has become but it's still dangerous.
It's not going to be the same tomorrow.

I wonder if they extend the run off areas further so that cars that crash won't be spat back onto the track.

I think it could be Ferrari 1-2 weekend for the first time this year. We will see after the first lap. Definitely not the track for Mercedes, I think others have not made a gain but the way the set up and the engine for Mercedes is not the best for flat out speed.

I didn’t see the crash yet and I don’t want to see it. But R.I.P!
We've seen in the race though that Ferrari can't run the engine that hard.
Still, their low drag concept will make it hard for anyone to overtake but if Mercedes can stay with them then the undercut or different strategy could work.

If you talk about strategy, we know what Ferrari has done as of late. Lol.

We might end up hearing “get in there, Lewis” in the end.

Jules was the last F1-related death. There have been other motorsport-related deaths since Jules though.

Jules was the last F1-related death. There have been other motorsport-related deaths since Jules though.

Yeah. I’m pretty sure there has been, probably a couple fatalities a year in some type of racing.

But I’m talking about F1, F2, etc.

My buzz for this race is just not the same.
Hoping for a Lewis win but if not him then Leclerc.

Apparently Mercedes turned their engines down in Q3 due to the failures from the other spec 3 engines that went pop.
Unreliability is not something you see associate with the mercs but it could be painful for them.

Chance of rain?

Congrats to Leclerc.
He deserves the win today. What I like about him is that he's learning all the time. He had worse tire management earlier in the season compared to Vettel but he's definitely improved and that helped him today.
I would normally be hard on Vettel for not having the pace as Leclerc but he was a great team player today. Without his help, Lewis might have won instead.

Hamilton had a great race today. Relentless race pace today especially once they got onto the mediums. I didn't think he would get that close in the end. Good tire management as well helped to overcome Ferrari's straight line speed.

Happy for Albon. He's done more in one race than Gasly did in the Red Bull all season. He was looking a bit stuck at the beginning but after the stop he just moved up the field and that's what you expect in a car like that.
Let's see how he does without penalties next race.

Max with his trademark starts then overdoing it trying to get back the positions he lost. I also don't know what he was thinking driving fast up eau rouge with a broken steering column.
With an engine penalty still to come, I doubt he's in the championship battle anymore.

Have to feel for the Mclarens. Lando was looking good in the race but poor luck on the last lap.

Looking forward to Monza. It'll be harder for Merc this time round but lets see what they can do.

RIP to Hubert. I can’t stop thinking of how it happened. The tubs of these cars are not built to get t-boned at 150+ mph.

Great racing from Lecrec but he wouldn’t have won this without the help of Vettel. He held off Ham for about 3-4 laps. He basically played the sacrificial lamb because Ham was going full gusto.

Watching Ham chasing is fun as hell :lol:

RIP to Hubert. I can’t stop thinking of how it happened. The tubs of these cars are not built to get t-boned at 150+ mph.

Great racing from Lecrec but he wouldn’t have won this without the help of Vettel. He held off Ham for about 3-4 laps. He basically played the sacrificial lamb because Ham was going full gusto.

Definitely. Never give up until the last lap, I’m sure that could be said for all drivers.

5-6 more laps, I think Hamilton could have caught up Charles. First of many wins for sure.

Could even be back to back at Monza and the fan support could help them.

Looks like Bottas is back in 2nd in the championship standings but still back over 50 points.

The thing with the F2 crash was that it was basically 2 crashes. Hurbert had crashed into the barrier at the exit of Eau Rouge, but then ricochet back onto the track and got t-boned at full-speed. The initial crash left his car pretty vulnerable, resulting in the 2nd crash doing a lot more damage.

I'm gonna need to read some post-race reports to see how Ferrari messed up Seb's pit strategy. Why did he have to box so early? Was it cuz of the lock-up on the 1st lap? Looked like that early stop totally compromised his race. Not that he could have secured 2nd cuz Mercs had great race-pace, but I think he was, at least, faster than Valtteri.

I had the same thought about whether F1 cars are safer due to their size. I know many have said they're too big and while it doesn't bother me, if it improves safety then the cars should stay at this size.

The thing with the F2 crash was that it was basically 2 crashes. Hurbert had crashed into the barrier at the exit of Eau Rouge, but then ricochet back onto the track and got t-boned at full-speed. The initial crash left his car pretty vulnerable, resulting in the 2nd crash doing a lot more damage.

I'm gonna need to read some post-race reports to see how Ferrari messed up Seb's pit strategy. Why did he have to box so early? Was it cuz of the lock-up on the 1st lap? Looked like that early stop totally compromised his race. Not that he could have secured 2nd cuz Mercs had great race-pace, but I think he was, at least, faster than Valtteri.
Gasly was the first who tried the undercut and they saw his pace and that kicked things off. If Mercedes did the undercut and passed Vettel in the pits then Leclerc would've been vulnerable to the undercut to which would've forced Leclerc to pit earlier than he did.
Given Ferrari's tire management and Hamilton's race pace, Hamilton would've been all over Leclerc forcing him to use his tires more and probably would have got him at the end.

Vettel was the sacrifical lamb to make Leclerc win.

69620829_1290795854412393_3783111403108302848_o.jpg

I feel like the halo did its part there. Hated at first but now I’m so used to it. Especially the 2021 cars. It’s like they built the car around the halo, not just a accessory.

Glad to hear the driver is okay.

Halo def did its job... as it did last year when some car ran over Alonso's McLaren. It definitely works and probably saves lives... but it doesn't change the fact that I think it looks ugly. Of course, safety is ultimately more important than aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom