F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Goon job by Charles. First back to back. Mercedes giving it all to win. 2-3 is not bad. But Charles did his thing.

On to Singapore, one of my favorites since it’s a night race!

What is happening to Vettel? His confidence must be shot.

Sad to see Vettel like this. Been downhill since Germany 2018.

Congrats to Leclerc on the back to back wins. I'm not a fan of some of the dirty driving these days but just like Max in Austria I won't let it detract from the win.
Congrats to Ferrari also for putting him on the hards. Good strategy.

Spa and Monza was always damage limitations for Mercedes and I think they'll be reasonably be happy with the results.
Singapore next so I expect Merc and Red Bull to be back in the mix.

2020 will be the race between Merc's new spec engine vs Ferrari finding more downforce.

I guess that was ok. No contact even tho Lewis could have had small chance to overtake.

As for Vettel, he was just in a hurry to get back on track but of course it wasn’t a safe re-entry.

Unfortunately, it also opens the door for drivers to 'allow contact' in order to get an oppo penalized... at the risk of damaging your own car though.

I liked that they had this bit to explain all their decisions... transparency.

So with the black and white flag, drivers know they can do something wrong once per race as long as there's no contact. Hmmm

I'm all for hard racing but hard racing to me was Bahrain 2014 between Nico and Lewis, Hungary 2019 between Albon and Kvyat, Fuji 2007 between Massa and Kubica.

Weaving on straights and braking zones or pushing someone off on entry to a corner, I'm not a fan of. I don't expect things to stay like this for long. I think it's a by product of Mercedes domination and these cars which are hard to overtake.

I expect there to be either a big incident or the 2021 rule changes will get the rules tightened up like before.

True or false? I think it’s false, some contact could just be racing incident type.

The one with Lewis and Charles didn’t seem that bad since no contact, but it did push Lewis out to the run off and lost his chance for the overtake.

I think he's right in the sense that the older drivers are more used to cleaner racing because that was the rules back then. Lewis racing Kimi is usually clean.
Max vs Charles these days though, boy, expect fireworks :lol:

The one move to defend, last minute cutting and leaving a cars width seems to be fine these days because of the "Let them race" philosophy.
Drivers now know they can get a "yellow card" with the black and white flag and that without contact you may get away with it for the sake of the show.

I can't even blame Leclerc since that was the clarification he got after Austria.

Lewis said if he was in a championship battle with Leclerc he would not have moved so there would have been an incident which could've meant both cars being damaged and Bottas taking the win potentially.:sick:

I'm not even mad with the results for both this race and Austria. Both races were great but I would like them to tighten some of the rules because dirty driving ruins the show.

The thing is with F1 is that it's so hard to overtake or even stay in the dirty air that one infringement might be all you need to keep your position.

Also Leclerc made a last minute chop to block Hamilton on the braking zone of cruve grande so he definitely made more than 1 infringement and they warned him about it on the radio too.

Let's see how it goes with these new rules though. I'm willing to see if it improves the racing but on first impressions, I'm not a fan, not yet anyway.

Wow, I didn’t expect this.
Now the only realistic options for Hülkenberg are Sauber and Williams. But I think Gio will stay at Sauber. And Latifi will simply buy the second seat at Williams...

Back
Top Bottom