Facials/Manicures/Pedicures for a dude AYO or Metro????

Some of my coworkers and friends are trying to get me to get a facial and a manicure for Memorial Day. I take care of my skin but the whole being in a NailShop is pretty ayo to me. However Diddy, Jim Jones, LL Cool J, Eddie Murphy, Reggie Bush, etc. get facials but as far as manicures I have no clue. Ladies atmy job say that it means dudes are MetroSexual and like to take care of themselves. What is your thoughts on dudes getting facials, manicure, and pedicures(dont show my feet so i dont need one
grin.gif
)

Cliff Notes
-Is Getting a facial, manicure, pedicure either AYO or MetroSexual for a dude?

RTEmagicC_jim-jones-facial_03.jpg.jpg
dean_mcdermott_pedi_c.jpg

i think its normal ... in fact, if i had super extra money i go to a spa every week ... one day

I'm a performer so I see NOTHING wrong with maintaining your appearance........BUT.... I've never had a manny or a peddy. I want both though.Just because. I draw the line at applying foundation, though. I'm not Omarion. Mis me with the makeup stuff. But I am too straight to worry aboutlooking gay so I just want nice feet dammit! I wouldn't mind a professional teeth whitening either. All this smoking is very flattering to me smile.... not
ohwell.gif

I don't know about facials, thats a lil suspect. I used to get manicures when I was younger. don't see a problem with it and women love a dude withnice hands.

ayo, metro, that's the same in my book I don't care what is said.

the way I see it that's an ayo-able offense, and their defense is they're metro, there's a term for it now so that's all on them...

with that said, I don't think it's WRONG for a guy to do that(especially performers who are judged on their apperance), but at the same time Idon't think the idea of getting a manicure/pedicure/facial was created with a guy in mind, if that matters.

AND WITH THAT SAID(
laugh.gif
feels like I keep saying that) I'll always hita dude that gets one with the ayo
grin.gif
because it's out of mynorm/logical path, but I won't deem them gay just for that.

The thing is, and this goes for the majority of NT, if you aren't in the business of selling your IMAGE of course it would seem gay to you. Butthese people make A LIVING off people's perceptions of them. It's of the utmost importance to look your best out there. If Jim Jones has to lather uphis face to get it poppin, it is what it is. He's a sex symbol to a small few, so I can't hate. Whatever sells ringtones...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I'm a performer so I see NOTHING wrong with maintaining your appearance........BUT.... I've never had a manny or a peddy. I want both though. Just because. I draw the line at applying foundation, though. I'm not Omarion. Mis me with the makeup stuff. But I am too straight to worry about looking gay so I just want nice feet dammit! I wouldn't mind a professional teeth whitening either. All this smoking is very flattering to me smile.... not
ohwell.gif
Man-law! Men don't use those words. I never even knew it was spelled just like my P.R. friends first name.

I will do the "spa" thing every once in a while....a soak in the jetted bathtub with minerals, the sauna and a rub down with aromatherapy

I dont get manicures or pedicures but I would not be adverse to it, you do get a massage with both of them so I might be tempted....

The thing is, and this goes for the majority of NT, if you aren't in the business of selling your IMAGE of course it would seem gay to you. But these people make A LIVING off people's perceptions of them. It's of the utmost importance to look your best out there. If Jim Jones has to lather up his face to get it poppin, it is what it is. He's a sex symbol to a small few, so I can't hate. Whatever sells ringtones...
grin.gif

I see what you did there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akuratl02

I'm a performer so I see NOTHING wrong with maintaining your appearance........BUT.... I've never had a manny or a peddy. I want both though. Just because. I draw the line at applying foundation, though. I'm not Omarion. Mis me with the makeup stuff. But I am too straight to worry about looking gay so I just want nice feet dammit! I wouldn't mind a professional teeth whitening either. All this smoking is very flattering to me smile.... not
ohwell.gif
Man-law! Men don't use those words. I never even knew it was spelled just like my P.R. friends first name.
laugh.gif
I was just making a quick abbreviation. I don't know if that's the official, registered, trademarked, and copyrighted word oranything..

laugh.gif
my homegirl owns a shop, she got me to try it when she first open...i went from
grin.gif
to
pimp.gif
, feels good, and chicks dig it....foot massage are
pimp.gif
after a long week of running
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akuratl02

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
I was just making a quick abbreviation. I don't know if that's the official, registered, trademarked, and copyrighted word or anything..
laugh.gif
You always be flipping a joke the democratic way ... trueindeed, don't know if that is the webster's dictionary version or 5th ave pronounciation.

I've never gotten a facial but I've gotten a manicure and pedicure a few times. Very relaxing and nothing wrong with taking care of your body. As longas you don't get color paint or french tips you good.

Tip: ask them not to put the clear coat on your fingernails if you get a manicure. joints be all shiny an #%$#
smh.gif

and eh, dudes can say that's "ayo" or whatever. I'm still gonna holla at Mei Ling for the good cuticle fix
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom